WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

How about a wip crochet-along? I'm sure I'm not the only one with more than one project on the go. How about we share the projects that we just haven't been able to finish for one reason or another and maybe we can inspire/motivate each other to finish them. I'd like to finish at least the baby blanket I've been working on for almost a year now, plus to larger afghans that I have on the go.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in lol.. I'm starting 2 blankets on the december issue of crochet Today as well as working on a blanket i'm designing... i'm hoping to submit it to crochet today when it is finnished! this thread would be the pefect motiviation!

i`m in

i have alot of projects :)

200squares afghan

flowered afghan

and 2 more afghans to start at Jan. as you can see in my sign.

thats only for the afghans

i joined your cal. cause in the 200 squares afghan they are done and no one in the cal else than me :(

I'm in! I'm making an afghan for my husband. I'm making his afghan using square #42 from the '101 Crochet Squares' book. It's a square comprised of puff stitches. I've made only six squares so far. I'm hoping this crochet along will keep me motivated so I don't lose steam.

Edit: I uploaded some pics of what I've done. The afghan will be done in blue and black. I joined a couple of them just to see if I've could b/c I've never joined afghan squares before.

byron_square1.jpg

byron_square_join1.jpg

I was just thinking that someone should start one of these, when here it is! I've got several things I need to finish up before I can start on my 63 squares 'ghan (assuming I can afford all that yarn :))

need to make a daisy square or two to send Krochet Krystal in return for the free pattern

about 18% done with a set of soft blocks for my nephew

need to join a bunch of squares for a baby blanket (about 10% joined)

working on some spiral-designed potholders for next Christmas (trying to figure out the pattern)

I've also got half a slipper made for my dd which I need to frog or finish and make the mate

And finally...I need to get a cute button for a baby bib I knitted 3 months ago--and sew it on! ;)

*whew* I feel better already!

That is a GREAT idea! I need inspiration to finish my abandon pirate jacket that is in my listof WIPs but it's really more like a UFO for no reason except that I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT:lol ! This is the perfect forum to get that done: A WIP-Along!:yay

I need this! I have a few wips I need to finish up: a lace weight scarf I started last summer, a freeform doll blanket for my dd, and a necklace from interweave I need to finish up for a gift. I'm sure I've forgotten something. Which one do I start first? Decisions, decisions.

Okay I am in. I really busted my behind for Christmas and finished everything, but an afghan for my sister-in-law and I need motivation to finish it. I already crocheted the afghan, I just need to do all the embroidery work on it. Which is of course the part I don't like. I also have the bedspread CAL I am working on and an afghan for my Mom that I need to work on. And somewhere down the road I need to start something for my father-in-law. Whew it is never ending. Plus I want to start some of my Christmas presents now, so that I won't be overwhelmed next year. Thanks for listening.

Hi all, I'm new to this site but I'd like to jump right in. I only have 1 WIP because I just started crocheting again after not doing anything for a few years. I am starting with an afghan that is really coming out nice but the pattern is complicated and I am ripping out lots of mistakes. I will post a pic when I find my camera.

Great idea! I have quite a little list of WIPs to CAL:

-Hubby's Felted Slippers (Christmas gift) 1% done

-Lacy Cocoon (30% done)

-Paton's Soy Wool Stripe Purse (needs handle - 95% done)

-Crystal Lace Bolero (80% done)

-Felted Messenger Bag (needs handle - 95% done)

-Nylon Shopping Bag (50% done)

-Snowflake Afghan CAL (need to finish joining and weave - 80% done)

-Sock Monkey Hat commission (need to weave ends, add eyes - 90% done)

-Skipping Stones Afghan commissions (waiting for yarns - 0% done)

Shawnee in Oregon

Blog: Shawnee's Tangled Tales

Hi gang!

I just posted pics of my wip's in my wip's gallery

I never knew how many nice projects I had that ended up in the back of my yarn closet!!

2007 will be the year that these WIP's will be no more!!!

Hi gang!

I just posted pics of my wip's in my wip's gallery

I never knew how many nice projects I had that ended up in the back of my yarn closet!!

2007 will be the year that these WIP's will be no more!!!

What a great new year's resolution and you have a lot of beautiful WIP's. Good luck on your projects.

Archived