WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal, I just LOVE your Daisy squares.

So I have 3 WIPs to show today. I figured if I show them while I still have work to be done, It might encourage me to keep going. The problem with 2 of them is I started them before I really knew what I was doing so I got frustrated and ended up putting them away. The Granny Square afghan I just learned the basic granny square and made them like crazy...with I started to join them I realized how boring joining is...so I started to make a big square and then got into a big square blanket craze...I finished two of them, but never finished this one. Its a little loose, but...I think I like it nonetheless.Granny.jpg

Then there's the poncho...this is the one I've been toying with frogging :frog When I learned the Granny Square, I thought I'd mix that concept with the poncho concept...and give it a twist by making it 5 sided, so that the back was square and the front comes to a point....I like the concept but again...its loose and flimsy. If I did the same thing today it would come out much better.Poncho.jpg

Finally...I really love this one, I started it about a month ago..its an Afghan to match my sisters living room. Simple DC. Just want it to be strong...she has two young boys. I decided to get creative on this one with the front and back post thing to make a textured design...I'm going to run the same thing on the other end too. The only thing is I noticed that my tension changed when I picked it back up again...but that will be easily rectified with a good edge.Afghan.jpg

Well thanks for looking my friends...hopefully the next time you see these items they'll be either finished...or "frogged" in the case of the sad poncho.

:manyheart

Thank you all for the compliments on my daisies. I'm so proud of all of them - everyone has sent me some very beautiful squares! As for donations, we have both a children's hospital and a cancer hospital in the city (Buffalo, NY) that will receive these.

If I have some that make lapghans, depending on the colors they might go to a nursing home.

Got to go work on that diagonal granny square afghan now!

Found the pattern for the ripple afghan and got a strip of white finished. I don't think I'll have enough yarn to make it as long as it's supposed to be but put it on our queen bed last night and it's almost long enough, so I'll finish up with what yarn I have.

Shelly, your granny square projects look good.

I am sorry to say that none of my WIPs is finished, although I have been working on the cardigan and the snowflake afghan. I have the back and the right front of the cardigan finished. The left front is nearly finished. Its taking me longer than I expected, because I'm having some trouble with the shaping. Actually, I'm having trouble getting the left front to match the right front, so there's been quite a bit of frogging going on. I think I've figured it out now though.

In the meantime I made several scarves and hats for my youngest daughter, who is a college student and said she needed them for walking from class to class.

I finished four more grannies yesterday for my afghan. Not a great day, but I never get much done on Thursdays. Going to ACMoore tomorrow to buy another skein or two of white for it. I had some white here, but it's not the same color (???) so don't want to use it. ACMoore has all their yarn 25% off this week. :D

So here are the scarf and the two sweaters with there hats, all very simple patterns and its nice to have made some progess!!

Hey!! I made that same scarf (except I knit it on size 13 needles) in December. Same color and everything. I get compliments on it all the time!

I love the second baby set -- is that an online pattern?

Hey!! I made that same scarf (except I knit it on size 13 needles) in December. Same color and everything. I get compliments on it all the time!

I love the second baby set -- is that an online pattern?

The scarf is for my mom, she picked out the colors, I just put it together, and about half way through I was wishing I had knit it, it was a little hard to keep it even all the way through.

The sweaters are technically the same pattern, its an easy garter stitch pattern I found online, but since I am just learning to crochet I took the pattern and replaced the garter stitch with a single crochet. and then still knit the boarder on since thats the only way i know how to make button holes. I found the garter stitch pattern online, if you want it or if you want the basic pattern I used for the crochet one PM and ill send it to you:hook

OOOO and the hat with the second sweater is an experimental variation on the newbie hat CAL, I just used a smaller hook and smaller yarn, and then added a couple of rows of DC around the bottom of it because I like my hats to have a cuff!

Posting more progress:

The basketweave progress has been posted on my blog, and the rest of my progress is in a new entry.

To update:

I started over on my Bamboo Throw, and am now just doing 7 rows of double crochets alternating between Country Blue and Light Sage Green in RHSS. I've got three sets of each so far.

I started on a Basketweave Scarf. I keep on getting myself into WIP trouble.

The Around the World Afghan is coming along nicely. Began joining. I just need to find my hook to work on this and the scarf. As soon as I do, I'm going to start working on the border. I should have pictures soon.

Still no go on my UFO's/WIP's

I am halfway through my 3rd Fat Bottomed Bag (a possible commisioned work) so I have to put my WIP's on the back-burner.

Ignore my New Year's Resolutions!! :lol

I haven't touched my WIP's all week, I think :( got a cold, got busy, borrowed season 1 of House on DVD so had to watch it every night, etc. etc. :D But my dd's decided yesterday that they needed some ballet slippers, so I finished a pair of the 20-minute mary-jane slippers and am done with the first slipper of a second pair. Two more pairs to go before everything will be 'fair' and all will be happy, then I can pick up a WIP again :D

Great idea! I have quite a little list of WIPs to CAL:

-Hubby's Felted Slippers (Christmas gift) 1% done

-Lacy Cocoon (30% done)

-Paton's Soy Wool Stripe Purse (needs handle - 95% done)

-Crystal Lace Bolero (80% done)

-Felted Messenger Bag (needs handle - 95% done)

-Nylon Shopping Bag (50% done)

-Snowflake Afghan CAL (need to finish joining and weave - 80% done)

-Sock Monkey Hat commission (need to weave ends, add eyes - 90% done)

-Skipping Stones Afghan commissions (waiting for yarns - 0% done)

Shawnee in Oregon

Blog: Shawnee's Tangled Tales

GRRR, I haven't had hardly any time to crochet since Christmas! I've wove the ends in on the Sock Monkey hat but still have to add eyes, and that's it! PLUS, I my darling husband asked for a scarf because it's so cold, so I did start that last night so I have another WIP now!!!

No progress to report here. I ran out of black for my striped afghan, have to run to Michael's. In the meantime, I've started an around the world afghan. :lol I've got about 25 squares done on it and now I remember why I hate doing square afghans...I really, really don't like the joining. :eek I'm also working on squares and grannies daughters' for charity. So even though I'm not making progress on my WIP, I'm making good use of my time. :hook

I made some progress this weekend, then added two more things to my WIP list!! I'm part of a charity group and we're putting together layettes for a hospital. When I see an e-mail that they need just one more (fill-in-the-blank-here) I just can't resist volunteering!!

So, I finished the Light Sage baby set, the Grape and Mango hat/bootie set, and 2 more granny squares. But I went and added another set of booties and a tiny turtle toy to the list. Gotta find batteries for the camera, then I'll post photos of the completed WIP's.

Now I'm off to finish those black & maroon slippers. With the 3-day weekend, I may just get them done before I go back to work on Tuesday.

Hi everyone (and esp to Dawn- thanks for starting this CAL)! I have been following everyone's progress and want to say thanks for the inspiration to complete my own WIPs. If it's okay, consider me signed up! :)

Since this CAL started, I finished my very first clothing item and a basketweave scarf for the red scarf project. Today, I am focusing on the 3 purses that I need to line.

Well, got a few more squares done EARLY this morning. Woke up to nightmares (darned fried food!) and NO WAY I was going back to sleep. I don't think this will be big enough for bed-sized, as each skein only makes 15 squares, which means I'll only have 30 more squares to add on to what I've got not (blue, that is...) which won't make it big enough. I'm not expanding it, as I have other things to finish and can't buy more yarn!

Cleaning a lot today, so might not get much done :(

Welcome Thel! The more the merrier. Feels great to get some of this projects completed!

Had to move onto the pink afghan as I ran out of yarn for the blue and white 1. The blue colors is discontinued and looks like I'll have to order the white online and pay $8 in shipping. Oh well.

Ok, I finally have photos of my completed WIP's so far:

Light Sage Baby Sweater Set

Light_Sage_Set-1.jpg

Grape & Mango Hat and Bootie Set

Grape_Set.jpg

I've tried THREE different slipper patterns for the black and maroon slippers, and I frogged ALL of them. I think I just don't like this yarn. So, I'm changing gears and will make BRIGHT socks for my swap partner instead. Off to go find that sock pattern I saw last month...

Archived