WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Tabby - where did you get the blocks pattern from? It sounds like something my sister was working on out of a Sugar n Cream book.

sammimag - the timer sounds like a good idea.

goofy - I know what you mean. I finished my scarf, but I want to start another TWO projects instead of one, so I kinda need to pick one(probably socks since I just joined the CAL :D )

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, goofy. I think that's the way I may do mine, too...unless I have enough to work out some kinda pattern, which I don't think I do.

No progress to report- my BIL and his family have been here since Thursday and we've been hanging out with them. My SIL did see the first part of the stripes blanket and thought it was a scarf. :lol She asked if she could have it for her birthday. LoL

Anyway...dh is having the car fixed right now so hopefully after I give the girls a bath I will have time to work on something before church. My goal for this week is to have one more pattern done on my blanket.

I finished the first half of the gingerbread boy stocking and have the head for the second side half done. Anxious to finish this cause I really want to work on the 2 afghans that need to be completed.

Well my WIPs are still just that. I did manage to get the left front piece . I also of my cardigan done. I also managed to make 2 hats and a scarf, instead of working on one of the unfinished things I have hanging around. I also found another WIP, a purse I started so long ago that I don't have a clue what it is supposed to look like! No sign of a pattern near it either. I guess I'll probably end up frogging that one.

When I get an extra minute, I'll post a pic or two of my progress. I started on the sock and finished another panel in the afghan.

kdwaye - can't wait to see the gingerbread stocking, it sounds adorable.

JimmieLu - thanks for the button! :)

Shawnee

you should go shooping to buy what you need of yarns and handles to complete your work

I LOVE you --- permission to shop! LOL!! I've been trying to hard to be good but you're right, WIPs are calling!

Shawnee in Oregon

Here's my progress...

afghan for mah sister..

terrighan.jpg

finished mini scarf(pay NO attention to the model)

mightymini.jpg

beginning knitting(not hard to tell! ;) )

knitproj.jpg

Yesterday, I did buy the button I needed for the crocheted necklace do you think that counts as working on a wip?

Today, I tried my trick of setting the timer for 30 minutes and got a few more spiral motifs done for the doll blanket. Yeah!

So now I can go start some socks w/o feeling as guilty or start the afghan I want to make? :blush

Dani,

I love the afghan and the colors too.

The button was too funny. Does anyone else have the song Whip it by Devo going through their heads right now:lol

Thanks Dawn and Samantha! I actually had most of that blue in my stash; just had to go out and get the navy.

Samantha - I do now! :lol It's going to be circling thru my head all day at work now. Oh, and do the socks....they're calling you....that way you can join the socks CAL too... :P

Samantha - I do now! :lol It's going to be circling thru my head all day at work now. Oh, and do the socks....they're calling you....that way you can join the socks CAL too... :P

Already joined it a while back :P I'm kind of CAL crazy. Hope the song doesn't totally drive you crazy.

Can I join too?

I realized I have WIPS that were soon to be UFOs...I just pretty much forgot about them....so I picked up a granny square ghan last night that I'm much further along than I thought. It got put away when Walmart stopped carrying Mainstays...I came up with a good alternative solution to finish the blanket...but never did it.

Well there are a few projects I need to finish.

So COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!:clap

This is a perfect CAL! can I still join? I have 2 baby sweaters to finish, 2 more to start, plus three baby hats and three sets of baby mits to make, also a lapghan that needs to be stitched together,.... and well a bunch of other things!

4 new babies joining the extended family creates a lot of projects!

Thank you Stacy!

Samantha - It didn't. I just made sure I sang it under my breath when my library kids started to drive me really crazy. :D

Jessica - join the party!

mustanglady - if you have an account like http://tinypic.com or http:http://www.photobucket.com you can upload them there and just post the link.

I've been off the computer for most of the holiday season, so I thought I'd pop on and check things out today. This is the PERFECT CAL for me, since I have several WIPs that I'm committed to finish by the end of January for swaps, charity donations, etc. Hopefully, this CAL will keep me motivated to finish it!! I think I'll tackle the baby sweater tonight while I watch Farscape DVDs...

Thanks for your help. I am going to give this a try. I have posted my pictures athttp://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/mustanglady_photos/100_5043.jpg.

I don't know if tis is the way to do it or not. If it is not please let me know what I did wrong.

Here is the first project that I have finished for the new year. It is a baby blanket that I made for a friend. I am making another attempt at getting the pictures psted. I hope I do it right. Here goes nothing.

<a href=th_100_5043.jpg' alt='th_100_5043.jpg'>

Archived