WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tabby - where did you get the blocks pattern from? It sounds like something my sister was working on out of a Sugar n Cream book.

I came across the idea when I was looking for ideas for baby toys to make. Don't remember the site, but she suggested stitching 6 granny squares together to form a cube. I'm doing several different square patterns for variety, just making 6 of the same size for each block. I'll probably just make 3 blocks in graduated sizes to stack and toss around. My nephew is only 6 mos, so these should be perfect:)

What a great new year's resolution and you have a lot of beautiful WIP's. Good luck on your projects.

Thanks!

It looks like I may be breaking my resolutions though :eek

I already made a Fat Bottom Bag for myself after checking HH SnB book out from the library, my friend from church saw it and now I am commissioned to make one, maybe two!

I still have not finished even the doll gown WIP!

I guess New Year's Resolutions were made to be broken. :(

I would like to join. I have so many WIP's to finish. I never got to crochet

all the gifts I wanted to make for christmas presents for family and friends

because I was still working on things for my niece.

WIP's to finish:

Nephew's afghan

brother's girlfriend's vest & poncho

brother's afghan

my sweater

etc., etc.

So many things... so little time. But I'm resolved to get them finished

within the next two months. Lets hope I make it.

I came across the idea when I was looking for ideas for baby toys to make. Don't remember the site, but she suggested stitching 6 granny squares together to form a cube. I'm doing several different square patterns for variety, just making 6 of the same size for each block. I'll probably just make 3 blocks in graduated sizes to stack and toss around. My nephew is only 6 mos, so these should be perfect:)

That sounds like an awesome idea....you'll have to post pics. :)

Thanks!

It looks like I may be breaking my resolutions though :eek

I already made a Fat Bottom Bag for myself after checking HH SnB book out from the library, my friend from church saw it and now I am commissioned to make one, maybe two!

I still have not finished even the doll gown WIP!

I guess New Year's Resolutions were made to be broken. :(

Nah, you're not breaking them....bending them a bit, that's all. ;) Those are commissions...$$$...your Fat Bottom is really pretty too, btw!

I finished 3 more of my WIPS a purse the laprobe and a potholder. Am I pathetic or what I mean really who leaves a potholder undone? Me I guess since I found 2 of them!!!

Are you kidding, I want to grow up to be like you! :cheer I wish I had the patience and finish my WIPs that fast.

I finished the gingerbread boy stocking, will take pics tonight.

Next is the blue and white ripple afghan which is the wip that I want to finish the most. Yay, get to restart on it tonight, if I'm not too tired when I get home after meetings.

Well, I was able to complete the light sage booties and all but the edging and collar on the baby sweater. I also got one granny square done during a meeting yesterday (I can't sit still with nothing to keep my hands busy!!). I'm really enjoying the sense of accomplish I'm getting as I cross things off my WIP list!!

you all are making me green with envy! hehe I am getting there with my baby blanket. I'd say I'm 3/4 done. I am also working on the halter top and feeling like I'm getting somewere. Although I my interupt temperaroly to do a commisioned peice. Hey wait so it the baby blanket...I love getting payed to do what I love. :) congrats to all who are making big strides in getting their wips done. They all look very nice.

Progress Report:

Basketweave Afghan: 1 1/4 foot of the afghan done! Only 5 more feet!!!

Bamboo Throw: Frogged. Started on just an alternating colors double crochet afghan.

Around the World Afghan: Frogged, started making double crochet squares. Going to join them using flat braid method in black, and then just do about a foot for a border in black and pink. As soon as I get my camera up and running, pictures will be posted.

I'm almost done with one sock here, just having a bit of an issue with the heel. It's frustrating me enough that I haven't worked on my other stuff, blast it. I think I'm just going to have to put it down for a day or two and just whip up my mom's hat. That should take one day, and I'll have the lovely instant gratification that my easily distracted brain needs... :lol

I'll join in here! I have two afghans that I'm working on right now - one I'm trying to finish before the end of the month, the other I'm just working on to give me a break while I work on the first one. I can't do the same thing day in and day out, especially grannies! If you look in my blog, you can se the "Windsor & White" afghan - that's the one I'm working hard to finish. My "Golden Arches" is the one that will give me a break here and there. They're both charity ghans. I'm giving myself til the end of the month, because then I want to start getting my Daisy Charity square afghans together!

I *have* about six other WIP afghans, but one at a time.. don't want to pressure myself!

My WIP's include a curly scarf, pineapple scarf, pineapple doily, and tea towels...that I have got to moving on pretty quickly. That's all i can think of for now, lol. Oh the joys of adding more unfinished projects to the big list, lol. Some day I'll be caught up. I know there's more I just can't think of them.

Archived