WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Hello there! I found blue star afghan that is an UFO for years. LOL hope it will be okay to count it in this CAL too ? I do have other UFO afghans but they will be done after I slow down with other CALS. Hehe. I assume this CAL will be going on for a long while ?

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I made MAJOR progress on my afghan over the weekend, 20 rows. I have a loose goal of 3 rows per day or 20 per week.

I stitched 4 rows last night, so that's good, right? (I wasn't able to stitch on Monday night.) I think I'm right at the half-way point.

I would love to post progress pictures, but I'm just no good at this. I have a scanner, I have a digital camera - you'd think I could figure it all out, wouldn't you? The pattern I'm using is Country Pebbles by Rhonda Simpson (Needlecraft Shop Aran Heirlooms). I bought it on eBay, and I see that it's still being offered by a couple of sellers, if anyone wants to see it. I widened the pattern to cover an entire bed (nuts, huh?), so it takes a while to work each row. I'm using Simply Soft off-white because I don't know what color scheme the couple is using.

Anyway, that's it for now. I appreciate any encouragement. (And after this one, I have a couple more just waiting to be finished, so I figure I'll be around for a while.)

Bev

Welcome, Diane--hop right in with us :) It feels so good to finally finish something that's been a UFO for so long! I just finished a baby blanket that I started a year ago and then it sat in the closet all this time until it finally got completed last week :D I needed this CAL!

Congrats on all your progress, Bev--sounds like your hook was flying this weekend. Keep up the good work! :)

Diane, just jump on in...this will probably be a neverending CAL... :D

Bev, good for you! I keep telling myself I need to do a bit every day. And that is a VERY pretty afghan; I looked it up on eBay.

Great job, Bev! That is a gorgeous afghan- I hope you can figure out how to post pictures, as I would love to see your version. :hook

I need a big ol' kick in the butt! I've been working on squares for charity, so at least that's a good thing. But I've seen you all post about your progress and I really want to get my stripes afghan finished (just so I can quit talking about it! LoL) Where in the world is my motivation? :think

Lesalicious

Just got finished looking at your work. I really liked that purse. Where did you find that pattern? I have been wanting to make a purse that looks like that but I can't find a pattern. Keep up the great job.

Thanks Shirlene THanks so much. Well no pattern I just go with the flow of things mainly I crocheted 2 squares to how long and wide I wanted it and then flipped it inside out and crocheted it together from the sides to the bottom and then I got some fabric mainly I measured some black fabric before sewing my crochet bag and then sewn the black fabric like I did the bag. Put the fabric inside the bag and sew with thread though the fabric to the crochet stitches. But, oh yeah I crocheted the handles into the crochet stitches before sewing the fabric into it. It's easy and I mainly go with the flow I barely follow patterns at all I make up as I go along. :) I guess that's the creatived part of me lol.

Thanks again.:) I get to show it off when I go out Saturday night lol.

Lesa- Love your handbag and shrug!

I have been super busy and have only been able to crochet 3 rows in the past 4 days. I hope that things will settle down this weekend and I will have the time to get back to my projects.

Oy, I am so not getting anywhere! Fortunately I am not adding to my woes, just starting and finishing small projects. Finished a hook case, working on a scarf, got the materials for another scarf as well.

I am setting a goal to be done with this rainbow blocks baby afghan by the end of the month. It's adorable, this woven strip thing, but why oh why did I choose to make a ghan worked all in sc??? :think

What an adorable piggy! Congrats to you and the lucky recipient.

I stitched 6 rows on my afghan last night, so I'm actually a little ahead on my goal for the week - but I think I'll fall behind over the weekend.

Oh, well - progress is progress, right?

Bev

That little piggy is too cute! Great job.

I just cannot get the motivation to finished that darned blanket, so...I'm going to frog it and use all of the yarn I've already bought, for charity squares. I'm super-excited.

tomorrow I'm going to get out the purse my daughter asked for, like, a year ago...:blush ...and sew it all together. She will be soooo excited!

:clap ***DOING A HAPPY DANCE***:clap

I finished all of my WIPS!!! I mailed off the squares and socks before I remembered to photograph them:blush but I still have the turtle and need to take a photo. I'm now working on two crochet diaper bags (my own pattern). The list never ends...

Woohoo, only 1 more granny square to do to finish the edging of my dusty rose afghan, then just whipstitch the last seven together, add them to the edge and finish off with a round of sc around the entire afghan and I'm done. Hopefully will be able to get most of it done tonight. Ds has already been snuggling up under it, even though it's not a "boy" color and it's just the right weight to keep you warm.

I love the color of that blanket! Great job on both projects.

I finally can report progress- I finished the Orange You Glad purse! Woot! Well, my daughter had asked for an apple purse instead so it has an apple instead of an orange...it actually turned out really cute. My digital is in the shop so I can't take a pic yet but when I get it back I will add one. :clap

Archived