WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Pam! Please let us know what you're working on.

As for me, I'm still making progress on my Americana afghan. I've decided to increase the size of the ghan, so I worked on the graph and changed the colors around slightly. I've finished 24 solid grannies (each about 7 inches across) and woven in all the ends. I've also finished the large center block, so I'm thinking of attaching all the center squares just to feel a little more inspired.

The afghan I'm stitching on at work has progressed this week. I finished 4 repeats of the center pattern, and I have 6 more to do - then there are 16 rows of border. I'm not sure if this is a Terry Kimbrough pattern, but it looks like one.

On a side note (also crochet related), I've spent a sizeable amount this week on eBay on new ghan patterns. I tell you, I need to stop!! This can be as bad as a yarn addiction. :eek

Anyone else have progress to report?

Bev

Okay, I am actually making progress!!!

My striped throw is now close to 75-80 percent done, and is almost ready to start weaving ends in.

My black afghan has kind of sat there. I need to go get another couple of balls of yarn.

My around the world afghan isn't making much progress yet, and I now have a set of colors working through it that look awesome.

Pictures will soon be posted, as I finally have a camera phone!!! YAY!

I finally have an excuse for my slow progress....

Aliens kidnapped my crochet hooks. :think

Well, that, and I have been recovering from a tattoo. Ouch, it really hurt.

So, there's my excuses.

And I'm happily back to hooking up a storm. :hook

P.S. One more thing. I need a single colored ripple afghan pattern. I'm going to soon start on Project Linus afghans.

So many things were so close to being done that I just made a big push. Over the last few days I finished my Urban Wrap (Lion Moonlight Mohair), Embroidery Print Poncho (about 18 months in the making), and a Prayer Shawl. Will post pictures if I figure out how to do so.

I realize that there many other WIPs hidden in closets and basement that I haven't even recorded yet. If I made a list of them all I'd have more "signature" than posted reply. Someday I'll find them all!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is not a crochet WIP. But I want to share it as I am proud of it. I am near done with the knitted scarf. I played with a design techinque which is called multi layered diagonal. I do consider to tweak the design with different stitches with multi layers of diagonal angles. I have two more in mind. I might try it in crochet version and share the crochet pattern if there is some interest.

th_IMG_0618.jpg close view

th_IMG_0614.jpg Ignore my feet! LOL! 3 yards so far

It take me about a week so far. I hope to finish it up by this saturday. So I can move on to crochet wips awaiting me.

Flyinghooks I love your shawl oh wow that is so pretty great job.

Ok finally back on my WIP and have finished 2 shrugs they both in my blog. :)

One is black, blue and ther other is black and white. Love both of them I'm a shrug kind of person and just had to make me more shrugs:)

Thanks Ginny can't wait to see your pics.

I'm now working on me a crochet handbag with 2 rings handles trying something new by making a 5 piece purse. Can't wait to see how it turns out when I am done. :)

I finished my blue and green striped afghan!!! YAY!!!! :cheer:yay:jumpyay:woo:bow:fame:party:ty:cake:2magic

I finally did it!!! YAY!

I should be posting pictures shortly, I'm just too lazy to right now.

I've also started two new afghans. I think my friends and family will eventually tire of afghans, but until then, I will continue to make them.

I've started a Ripple Afghan with two colors of green in Bernat Berella 4. Go figure, the Zim's didn't have Red Heart in stock. It was completely sold out. But, oh well, it's an excuse to buy more expensive yarn that feels wonderful against my skin. Okay, so the yarn is just sitting there until I find a really good pattern, but it's there.

Oh, and I've start an alternating V-stitches and shell stitches afghan in Red Heart Super Savers in Wedgewood. It's looking good so far, well, even though there's only one row.

I fear I will never be done completing WIPs. I trashed the alternating v and shells afghan, and started on a basketweave in RHSS Dusty Teal. I'm no longer alternating colors on my ripple, as I found a pattern that has more detail that two colors would really look good with. So, the paler green I got is going on fringe.

I finally have a picture up on my blog of my striped afghan. I'm going to get prolific on getting pictures posted of my in progress works in the sidebar of my blog. As soon as my phone is done charging, I will post those.

:cheer I already have a few more rows done on my basketweave.

:blush Unfortunately, the yarn I got for my ripple doesn't exactly yield many rows. I'm up to ball number two, and maybe row ten. But, happy hooking, I love the pattern. I ended up modifying it to death to get it to my specs, and it's looking good. :hook I'm finding more excuses to escape to my room to get my yarn and hook.

:yay Hope everyone else is yielding well on their work!

Love your afghan great job.

Iam the same way will start on something and then find out I don't like it and start on something else. Still working on my nieces baby blanket was working on a purse for me but, started that over and also want to get started on my daughters halter top so much work.:)

Great job again.

*wipes forehead* Thank you very much Lesalicious! I'm glad to hear someone else likes my afghan besides me. I obviously haven't gotten around to getting pictures up of my WIPs. Working on it, really!

Les, there is nothing wrong with starting new projects whenever you get a glimmer in your eye!

• 2 weeks later...

.....................and I have too many WIP's .

I came in here to BUMP this group back up to page one. I see that Dawn, the original starter of this has completed her project list . Good for you ! :)

I need help, motivation and organization to get my rear in gear on these things.

For some of you that have completed all your things on your list, can I ask how you did it ? Did you start with ONE , then work on it continually til it was done, or did you do a little on each one every day, or how did you have success ?

Looking for some motivation here, guys . I'm open for any suggestions.

Well I'm not on the list here but I was stopping in to check it out.

This works for me. I loooove starting new projects. So if I find myself starting one, and am really excited about it, I have to make myself put it down. My reward for finishing an old project is that I then get to pick it up. :lol

But once in a while, a project is just old and stale and is better left put down for a while, while you recharge your crocheting energies on one of those new projects. I sometimes find that after finishing a quick & rewarding project, that I am ready to tackle something I got tired of/frusted at and had put down. :hook

So, it kinda depends on my crocheting mood.

Thanks for the quick reply, Tina , and it's nice to "meet " a new person in here. I don't think I've ever been in a group with you so it's always nice to meet someone new . There are such a lot of real nice people in this group .

Maybe we can both jump on in then and tackle some of the old things that are not completed . I just need more focus. I understand what you are saying - it is always so exciting to start something new, but then it gets to be frustrating if it takes longer than you think it will, or if you don't like the colors you started with, or the yarn, or any number of other reasons .

Anyhow, thanks for dropping in. I like to YAK with people, can you tell ?

*Probably why I don't FINISH as many crochet projects, too much yakking . :lol

*embarrassed* Must admit that I have not been as prolific as I'd like to be, and I'm starting more projects than I had to begin with.

My ripple afghan is coming along nicely, but the yarn that I'm using doesn't exactly yield rows and rows and rows like RHSS does.

My basketweave is making tons of progress. I'm headed down to the crafts store shortly here to buy more yarn to continue my progress.

Shortly, I will begin looking for a sweater pattern, and I'm going to start crocheting a cotton sweater. That's going to be nice, as Spring isn't quite over here, and I'd like something lightweight to wear in the evenings.

So, there's my progress.

Archived