WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Krystal - beautiful afghan - love it on the diagonal!

On my end - I'm making progress on my dh's toe up socks - they're through the heel and I decreased a bit after the ankle. He fell asleep last night (and left too early this morning) before I could have him try them on, so I can't work on them until I make sure they still fit over his BIG ankles.

I should work on his sweater, but I'll probably work in the vintage cardigan CAL instead!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats, Krystal on finally finishing that afghan--it looks great! :D

everyone else is doing a great job, too!

I've started on a 63 squares afghan and am on the 5th square now. It's a lot of fun to learn the new stitches, but it's a bit of a headache because every time I do a new square I have to do a few rows to make sure my gauge is right. Each different pattern affects my gauge differently, so I have to use different sized hooks sometimes. All my squares are a bit bigger than the recommended 7", but at least they're all the same size as each other! :) That's my only WIP at the moment, but I'm getting ready to start on the Vintage Cardigan CAL. I have my yarn picked out, but my printer is out of ink, so I have to pick a time when I can sit at the 'puter and look at the pattern (guess I could be doing that now! :blush )

Krystal,

Your afghan is beautiful. I love the colors. Blue is one of my favorite colors.

I am slowly getting some of my things done. I am just about finished with a blanket I am making for a doll that my neice has. I have the problem like everyone else starting soemthing new before finishing my other projects.

Allright, Dawn! So that's one more WIP completed for you!

I started another project last night, for when I get tired of the 63 squares. A friend gifted me a bunch of baby yarn last week, and I just found out a cousin is expecting. So I'm starting my first ripple baby 'ghan. We'll see how it goes, I'm just working on the foundation row right now. :)

Well decided to put together a throw blanket for the sofa using squares haven't yet to decide on the color thinking about different colors different rows have to do 2 throw blankets have to sofas. Also want to use my scraps of yarn to make some pillows for my girls have a lot of scrap yarn and need to do something with it what best but, to do some pillows that my girls can throw around lol.:)

Everyone enjoy getting there crochet on.

Those socks look great--wow, what size yarn and hook do you use for something that small? That's amazing!

Not much new to report--I'm on row 8 of the baby ripple 'ghan and just finished square number 7 of the 63 squares 'ghan. Pluggin' right along....:)

Hi. Can I join you ladies?

You can see 2 of my wip in my siggy blog. I am also going to start a 3rd when I get the patters I bought from cupcake. I have only done a few blankets a purse and a child's hat.(purse and hat were free hand and experiments)

I am hoping to learn to create my own things.

:yarn

Those socks look great--wow, what size yarn and hook do you use for something that small? That's amazing!

Thanks to ALL for the wonderful comments on my dh's socks!

Silja sock yarn, like most sock yarns, is 80% wool, 20% nylon. It's fingering weight yarn with a knit gauge of 6.5-7sts/in. For these socks I used a 3.5mm hook. I often use a 3.25mm hook for socks, but have also used 2.5mm and 3.0mm hooks. :eek

I hope everyone's WIP's are going well!

Unfortunately, I've had to put my crochet to the side for the next little while. My mother is getting remarried(in June! :eek), and there's new stuff to do or look over every night. I will get back to it as soon as I can! I kinda have to...I have to make a shawl and afghan for mom as her wedding presents.... :lol

Well, I more than met my quota last week. I stitched 53 rows on my afghan - way more than my goal of 20/week!! I've done 15 rows so far this week, so I'm at least on target. There's been a lot going on at work and at home, but I've managed to relax and crochet for a while each evening. (I've really needed the relaxation part, believe me!)

I've gotta tell you, though, this thing is getting so big and so HEAVY!! I'm glad I'm working on it during the winter.

Welcome to all the newbies from another newbie.

Bev

Ginny - those socks are awesome ! You did a great job - I love them.

Dani - how wonderful for your mom. We all certainly understand about setting aside your current WIPs to work on her shawl and afghan.

I'm moving right along with my Hexagon afghan - I'm so determined to finish it. It has been tough since I've been working a ton of overtime but I made a deal with myself earlier this week to do at least one hexagon a day. If I do that, then my afghan will be done in less than a month. I can't wait to wrap up in it.

My current WIP is a afghan I am putting on e-bay, I am hoping to do at least 20 rows today! I have done 4 so far!:cheer

I am a stay at home wife so i really have no excuse to not get it done! Some times I get lazy...or I :ccompute too much!

I tried to get back to an WIP that I started in December, a sweater for my dh (size 50). I was cranking through it last night, so proud of myself for getting the pattern (cables) down cold and for keeping gauge. When I realized that my size 50 sweater that is supposed to be 54 inches will be 64 inches with the stitch count and gauge as written. :eek

I love this sweater, I love this designer's work but oh my, I was ready to kill some one last night. The designer has already responding to my e-mail and is straightening things out this weekend, but AGH!!!

So now I'm thinking about saving this for next winter and making him a vest in the next 10 days before his birthday....

I want to let you all know that I post my WIP which is now FO on the FO thread, my first WIP turns into FO for 2007 - Lion Brand Plush Throw! I took a photo too. It takes some time with my tight budget on fixed income, waiting on right time to buy last skein for few stitches off on last row. ( will you hate it when it happens, so close to the completed goal, grrr ?)

Well had a little brake from crocheting my wrist been hurting lately from crocheting and typing so took a big brake from both not hurting that much so want to get back into the groove of things. Also want to getting into some more sewing a lot of people asking me to sew them some handbags and some skirts so want to dust off my sewing machine also. lol.:)

Got to get back into my WIP.

Looks like everyone else is busy busy busy. Keep getting your crochet on.

Archived