WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Haven't finished any of my WIPS, however I did crochet 20 rows on the baby blanket I'm working on. I have another 20 or so left before it's done.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just too many WIPs right now I can't even remember what they all are! LOL! At least, I have finished mthe sweater for my son. I am going to put a list of all the WIPs on my web page. I just hope that the list isn't as long as I am afraid it's going to be.:lol

I'm new to Crochetville but love the ideas of CALs

I have a Hexagon Afghan that I started 2 years ago and then put aside due to things happening in my life that I didn't have the time and/or desire to do anything crafty.

I've been so inspired by everyone on this WIP CAL, that I have decided to finish my afghan. I have a little more than 1/2 of the hexagons made (There are 52 and I've completed 30).

I am pretty good about not having too many projects going on at once (the knit projects are really small) so I want to complete this afghan so I can start my next one :)

I've got half of the granny squares for the edging of my dusty rose afghan done. Have one length of 7 already added to the body, just finished attaching the next 7 together and will add them to the body, then the edging will be half finished.

I finished the twinkle little star blanket! Wove in the ends this morning--woo-hoo! I can't believe I started this thing a YEAR ago. I took my yarn to the hospital to work on squares while my youngest (at the time :)) was in surgery to repair his cleft palate. I think I'm going to give it to him--he doesn't really have a special blankie yet. I thought about giving it to a friend who's expecting this summer, but this blanket has a few mistakes (notice the upside-down start in the lower right corner?) and I've got something else in mind anyway. YAY for finished objects! lol

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/tabbyj1/?action=view&current=100_1291.jpg

Oh, my...your afghan is very pretty! Great job.

No progress to report here, either. I actually started the giant granny square afghan last night. :blush I'm on row 15 and I'm really psyched about it. My psychadelic stripes one is on the back burner, even though I was "really psyched" about that one when I started it, too. :reyes Oh, and the gold circle vest won't be done anytime soon, either- I found out a couple weeks ago that I am pregnant again, so there's no point in finishing it since I won't be able to wear it! :lol

Finally get to report finished my girls ponchos they in my blog been on my shrug for awhile have 75% done but, ran out of black eyelash yarn for my bell sleeves so have to get more of that before I can even finish but, in the mean time will get started on my other shrug that I have in mind. :)

Congratulations, Stacy! Now you can take your shrug off your to-do list and add a million cute baby things in it's place :) I love baby stuff (and babies ;))

Your girls' ponchos are adorable, Lesa! Great work! :D

And I'm proud to say, I have FINISHED another WIP! wooooOOOOHOOOOO! The soft baby blocks are done--I found some neat foam-like stuff at WM last night, called Nu-Foam. It's compressed poly-fill, so it'll be washable and safe for the blocks. Stuffed 'em last night and stitched 'em up this morning. Will try to get a pic later, but I've got a sleeping baby on my shoulder that I need to put down and then get some late lunch. Just wanted to share--the list I originally started with is finished, but.....now I've got about 3 more wip's to work on already! lol

Awww Thanks Tabby. Glad you can report you have finished don't if feel so good to say you finish I know it does when I finally get to say it lol. But, also hate having a half project done didn't make it to Walmart to get my eyelash yarn busy running the kids to bday parties today. But, can say I have about 25% done on my new shrug now my daughter want me to do her a blanket will probably get started on that next month trying to finish off the other things first.:)

Thanks again Tabby.

your shrug looks great, too, Lesa :)

Here's the photos of the soft baby blocks that I finished. I started with the large block on the bottom, with the idea of using a different stitch pattern for each side (used the 63 squares leaflet for ideas). Well, that quickly got bothersome to learn and use a new stitch for each side! lol it took forever! And after I finished some of the squares, I could see that they were too flimsy for this project. The floppiest one, I ended up slip stitching a spiral design on the face of it, using a contrasting yarn (so it looked like I meant to do it! lol). It actually turned out pretty cool, and the slip stitches tightened up the fabric enough that I felt comfortable using it for this.

So after that first block, I moved to the medium size and just used my two favorite stitch patterns for that and the small one.

front of blocks:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/tabbyj1/100_1300.jpg

back of blocks:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/tabbyj1/100_1299.jpg

Everyone's stuff looks great!

Here's where I am right now...

just off my hook (still weaving in ends): my version of Crochet Me's Autumn Spice cardigan

on my hooks:

• 4 pairs of sock in various states of completion, 2 are CALs, 3rd is the pair I WAS making for dh... I tried them on him again and he can't get them over his ankles..... so I started a 4th pair, for dh, toe-up with lots of trying on (the southbay pattern)!
  • dh's Jacob's sweater...getting there!

almost on my hook:

Crocheted Cardigan CAL... here's my swatch

I am so in this, if you'll have me. I've been lurking in C'ville for a while; but I haven't posted very much.

Anyway, I have an afghan that's due in time for a wedding in late April - and I REALLY need to make some progress on it! This would be a great place to post progress and ask people to cheer me on.

Bev

Welcome, Bev--we'll be here to cheer you on! But just a hint--we like pictures! lol If you can share progress photos, that's even more fun! :D I know you can get that afghan done! Maybe you could make a goal for so many rows per day or week to help you get there.

GO BEV! :D :D :D

Ginny, your stuff looks awesome! I love the cardigan you just finished, and your dh's sweater is coming along nicely! I also like the color of the soon-to-be cardigan! I've not been brave enough to try anything like that yet, but your work looks gorgeous!

Everyone's stuff looks great!

Here's where I am right now...

just off my hook (still weaving in ends): my version of Crochet Me's Autumn Spice cardigan

on my hooks:

• 4 pairs of sock in various states of completion, 2 are CALs, 3rd is the pair I WAS making for dh... I tried them on him again and he can't get them over his ankles..... so I started a 4th pair, for dh, toe-up with lots of trying on (the southbay pattern)!
  • dh's Jacob's sweater...getting there!

almost on my hook:

Crocheted Cardigan CAL... here's my swatch

Ginny like your spice cardigan great job there. Your DH sweater is coming along.

Right now I am on my 2nd shrug ran out of black yarn so sister went to get me more yesterday didn't ask her to pick up my eyelash yarn because she don't know yarn like I do lol But, will pick some up later today that is for my shrug that is in my blog now want to finish it hoping tomorrow. But, also working with another black shrug as you can see I love BLACK lol. Have some ideas for some other projects for myself before I get to the big projects.:)

Your sweater looks great Ginny. I'm on the last strip of 7 granny squares for the edging of my dusty rose afghan. Have the first three sides done and sewn on. Just 6 some granny squares and the final round of edging (sc) to do and then it's done. DH already complemented me on it.

Wow! Thanks for all the compliments on the sweater(s)... :blush

I'm making progress on dh's socks, but I feel like I'm getting no points for my stashbusting CAL 'cause I'm working with fingering weight yarn!! I have both pair up to the mid arch now, but I need to check them on his feet to see how wide I need to get for his EE feet! I'm used to making socks for me and my AA feet!

I hope work on his sweater a bit tonight and make some progress there too!!!

Everything looks great!

I can't say I've made any progress....too much to do here(a friend's mother passed, plus I've been sick), but it's nice to know everyone else is speeding along!

I'm going away for my b'day this week, but I'll be back Sunday so I can get back into my crocheting....I'd take it with me, but my family probably wouldn't let me near a hook!

Archived