WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Not much progress to report here, been busy, though I'm almost done with sleeve one on my sweater. :knit I think it'll fit after all...

by the way we're expecting a bit of snow :snow tonight and tomorrow, a chance to stay inside and crochet! :D Finally snow, too, after all the Rain we've had!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran out of yarn for the ripple afghan, I did order some white from Caron, Slate Blue is impossible to find, so I'll add an extra section of white.

I started on the pink, more like dusty rose, afghan. The main body of the afghan is finished, it's just dc. The border is granny squares, I have 4 of 28 completed. So if I can do 1 or 2 a day and more on weekends it should come together pretty good. Can't wait to get these finished as all that is left is a bunch of smaller projects in various stages of progress which I will go through and decide whether to finish or frog. Then I can start a new project, first will be a case or 2 for my hooks, they I'd like to try a bolero type sweater with a ruffled edge. Also ordered some Felt It from Caron and want to make a purse, it'll be my first felted project, I'm excited to try it out.

Also ordered some Felt It from Caron and want to make a purse, it'll be my first felted project, I'm excited to try it out.

OOH! Felting is addicting!! I tried it for the first time this past autumn (made 3 purses -- 1 for my daughter, 1 for a friend, and 1 for me) and now I'm in search of the perfect felted slipper pattern. The only thing more addicting than felting is kool-aid dying...

Well, I've got another round of my Windsor & White afghan done. I figured it out and I'll get 8 rows (straight across, 13 diagonals) down by 6 columns across. I can get it done by January 31st, too - according to my little list here (yes, I'm a bit obsessive!)....

I'm getting closer!

Felting is awesome!!! And it is really addicting. I found a great slipper pattern- It's this one: Double-soled slippers I used two strands held together so the upper was really sturdy. And one strand on the soles but made two for each slipper, like it says, then kind of "sewed" them together so that they would felt up together in the wash. I didn't do the fold-down part because I didn't know how that part would felt. It is a nice, toasty pattern. :hook

Jessica...I love the baby ripple!

I finished the baby blanket and am sending it off today. I love getting payed for crocheting! :) Now I am going to work on a Knitted (I know...bad word) prayer shawl and/or the halter dress. I was going to start a yarn winnie the pooh for commision but I noticed the two skeins of yarn I bought for the body are different shades although it is the exact same red heart gold with "no dye lot". How come I never seem to notice this in the store? Now I can't start this untill I get that problem fixed.

*blushes* I have been a very bad girl. My list of projects is gradually growing.

So, updates:

Frogged the basketweave afghan. Figured out that ripped out yarn can sometimes act up. So, it's turning into tons of hats.

Oh, started about 6 different hats. One for moi, to match a scarf a coworker made me for my birthday. The other five are still in progress, but did finish the hat for me. (picture soon to be on blog, keep checking)

Started on an afghan for my little bro. He is SO fussy. He finally agreed to receive a homemade gift, as long as it was all black. So, he is getting his wish, and have plans for embroidery on it after it's done. (He loves flames, and I have the PERFECT colors of embroidery thread.

I just bought more yarn for my blue and green afghan. It's coming along very nicely. Starting to look like something.

I bought a whole bunch of yarn on ebay that I'm still making plans for.

And, naughty me, I splurged on some super soft yarn, and found the perfect pattern for slipper socks. I've started on a pair for me, a pair for my mom, a pair for the coworker that made the scarf, and I have about 10 more people that I plan on making socks for.

Oh, and I started and finished a scarf for my mom. Working on gloves and hat to match.

Oh, and I have a nieghbor who will pay me yarn + labor to make her a scarf, hat, sock, glove, afghan set in matching colors. WHEEEEE! So, the list goes on!

I got another row attached onto my afghan last night! woo-hoo! I got nearly done sl st the row on (I like it that way) and realized I lined it up wrong. Had to rip out the whole row and do it over again. UGH! But I'm caught up so far!

I'm afraid my Golden Arches is going to turn out wider than it is taller with the yarn I have. I don't mind SQUARE, but that is just unacceptable! I might have to go searching for some white to add in as a stripe - and try to match the yarn thickness. I don't even know what this is, as I didn't buy it and there are no labels! I shouldn't have made it so wide... :(

Finished my hook roll last night-- not bad for something I just sort of did by eyeball. The pockets on the inside are not exactly the most elegant, but it does the job. So, one thing done!

I did start a new project tho :P I bought this great Jiffy variegated over the weekend, and with having my great new P hook (incidentally, g3studios on ebay makes a darn nice product!), I just couldn't wait. I think I will need more yarn than I have, lol :yarn

So I guess I'm at net change of zero this week. Maybe I can knock out a broom doll over the weekend.

wait - I didnt realize the point of this CAL was to REDUCE your number of projects down to ONE!!!! :rofl I have been finishing two of them, and then I plan on starting that many more! LOL!

I got the squares done I needed to last night on my Windsor & White, plus my row of the Golden Arches. I am running out of yarn on my first skein and only have about 16 rows done. I think I needed 20 in order for the thing to wind up being square. Now I"ll have to add some white between the yellow sections... I wonder if I have any white baby yarn of the same thickness in my stash? I might have to clean out my stash this weekend... YIPPEE!! (of course, not get RID of any, just organize it!)

Oh, and I started another afghan yesterday - this one is for ME! My blue star... in the CAL. :D

Hi everyone! I took a break from the 'net(also from crocheting, I guess I just needed it). But I DID start on my mom's hat, I just have to find the contrasting yarn and so I can finish the last two rows. :lol I managed to finish another panel on my sister's afghan and have started the 4th one. Oh, and I picked up some Caron's SS Tweed :blush ...but I did make a headband and scarf out of it rather quickly - I think I needed the instant gratification thing. :lol And, of course, I found a UFO - the sweather clutch purse from CrochetMe. I finished the body of it, so I just need to do the "collar" and line it.

I guess I got more done than i figured. cool. :D

Krystal16/ashleighraew - Where's the fun of having just one or two WIP's? :D

crazyhooker - I love the Jiffy yarn! But I do end up buying more when I think I've got enough. Oh, and watch out for the dye lots(I didn't, wah!).

I agree, its always lots of fun to have many WIPs. Unfortunatly I haven't made any progress this week, I thought that being sick would give me lots of time to hook, but well when you feel icky even hooking hasn't made me feel better:(

I'm happy for all you who are making lots of progress:clap :clap :clap

hopefully i'll start feeling better soon so I can get back to happily crocheting:hook

I finally finished enough squares for my second baby block, so am in the process of sewing them together--that makes about 65% done with that project. Once I'm done with that, I'll get the baby blanket out and finish putting that one together. Just don't want the squares all over the living room right now....

have had sick kids for the last week, so not getting a lot of hookin' done--the baby just wants to be held when he's not feeling good...hard to crochet then :) *sigh*

Since I finished a few projects and am waiting for yarn and got quite a bit done on my dusty rose afghan, I decided to give myself a break and started a bucket hat, wide brim, with ww chenille. It's working up really fast. I'm on the 9th of 15 rounds.

Hey Hey I want to jump into this one also:)

I guess I will add mines to my siggy as well but, here goes.

Niece a Baby Blue Blanket

Daughter Brown Scarf

Myself 2 a Shrugs

Purse with double rings as handles

Daughter a brown shrug

Archived