WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I did one more embroidery star on the afghan for my SIL, at this rate I will never be done. I just need to make myself do it and stop working on all my other projects.

I'd like to join. Right now I am working on a baby blanket that I need to get finished before the end of Jan. I have another one to make for a neighbor and I would like to start making christmas gifts for next Christmas. I think this cal would help me stay on track. Hope it is not too late to join. I will try to post some pictures of the things that I am making.

OK.. I'm in. I'll have to assess my WIP pile and see what's in there. I know there's the Colinette afghan kit (a b-day gift from my dh), my dh's socks and my dh's sweater. I must make my dh these socks. He's been waiting for a year. I've promised myself no crochet for me OR the kids til dh gets these 3 things done. :eek So help me help me I want to crochet for me & the kids!!! :hook

I'm in. As this is something I plan to do as part of my new years resolution. :) I have my current wips listing in my sig. line. I am currently hoping to finish my christmas mystary cal witch I am making into a pillow. With my christmas presents finished I have alot of motivation to finish up all of my current projects. Looks like you all are getting a good start.

I worked on my baby blanket last night and got a lot done on it. This is one of my new year's resolutions. The other one is to quit smoking, so far I have not had a cig. since 11:30 last night. Think I'll get off here and do some more on my blanket

This is a great idea and I'd like to join in too. I have a bunch of WIPs:

-baby blanket (started 2 years ago!)

-slippers for me (one done)

-slippers for dh (only soles are done)

-cardigan for me (1/3 done)

-snowflake afghan CAL (21 blocks done)

There are probably more, I just can't think of them at the moment.

need to make a daisy square or two to send Krochet Krystal in return for the free pattern DONE!

about 18% done with a set of soft blocks for my nephew MAKE THAT ABOUT 30% NOW :)

need to join a bunch of squares for a baby blanket (about 10% joined)

working on some spiral-designed potholders for next Christmas (trying to figure out the pattern) FROGGED FOR NOW--WILL PROBABLY BUY THE PATTERN FROM CROCHETROO BEFORE LONG :)

I've also got half a slipper made for my dd which I need to frog or finish and make the mate

And finally...I need to get a cute button for a baby bib I knitted 3 months ago--and sew it on! ;)CROCHETED THE BUTTON AND IT'S READY TO GIFT!

*whew* I feel better already!

just wanted to post an update to keep myself motivated :)

hope everyone's finding time to make progress on their WIP's!

Tabby

I'm in! I have sooooo many unfinished projects, and I plan to finish them all this year. :hook Hopefully before starting anything new, but..I'm not promising anything.

i started 200 crochet blocks ghan

and rupple ghan

adding the captivated cosmos ghan

wow 3 projects in the same time

dawn its fantastic

i love baby boys

next time when someone gonna have baby make the afghan before the women gets pregnant haha

just kidding :)

I'm so IN!! I all of the sudden have tons of WIPs to do. (Okay, so only three, but it seems like a lot of yarn) So, here they are: (Also in my siggy, and a picture of bamboo afghan is on blog)

Basketweave Afghan (Just finished the first two sets of basketweave, using RHSS in Ocean.)

^this used to be my cozy, but ended up frogging the cozy since it has tied ends and looks funky. So, it's going to a good cause.

Around the World Scrapghan (About 20 squares done, not sure how many left)

^using my scrap yarn :eek I'm surprised how much there is. I've got about 20 squares done, and will start joining when I get to 40.

Ridged Bamboo Throw (I've gotten about 1/3 of this done. Hoping to get it done before it gets warm)

^This is going to be an ongoing project. I am remodelling my room and plan on making everything in my room be bamboo mat-styled stuff. So far I have plans for a dresser topper, rug, throw pillows, closet organizer, and wall tapestry.

Just wanted to update y'all on my progress. I've made quite a bit in one day. I'm up to 30 squares on my around the world scrapghan.

The basketweave afghan is to about row 7 now. I had to go buy a new crochet hook. The one I had looked like it had been chewed on, and it was catching my yarn. So, I'll start again on that tomorrow.

No progress yet made on bamboo throw. I've reserved that for when I'm at work, and I haven't gone to work in quite some time. I've been sick.

So, there are my updates!

congrats on your progress, ashleighraew! Anyone else have progress reports? :D we don't want to let this thread get buried and forgotten--we've gotta finish those WIPs! I'm trying really hard not to start anything new until I've finished another one. I've made a little progress on my set of soft blocks--I finished the large one except for stuffing it, two or three more to go. (anyone have an idea of what I could stuff them with, that would keep the sides flat enough to stack them? I can't find any foam in the right thickness that isn't outrageously expensive! :yikes: I know I could stack thicknesses, but still...)

I've finished my holidy mystery cal...I made it into a pillow. I have made some progress on my boy baby blanket. I feel like I am actually getting somewere. I am planning to finish one more project before starting one of two things I have been commisioned to do.

I've finished 2 color rows on my psychadelic stripes afghan...only 6 more pattern repeats to go! (Which is about 3/4 of the blanket left to do.) :( I haven't posted all of my WIP but that is my most pressing one, seeing as how I started it way back in July. LoL I also have a purse in Paton's Grace, the orange purse from HH for my daughter that has all of the parts but needs to be sewn together, and the Gold Circle Vest, from So Simple Crochet. Oh, and a Fat Bottom that needs lining and handles.

On a side note...where do I find the pattern for this Around the World afghan? I've seen pictures that someone else made, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Is it a free pattern or is it in a book?

Thanks.

I'm in! I started a MAM in blues for mah sister and I'd like to finish that by the end of the month(hah!)...I've got a scarf on the hook, a beginners knit project(I know, I said the 'k' word), I have to do another hat for mah mom, and I have to finish up some charity squares I'm working on.

Everyone seems to be hurtling along...which is great, I need the motivation! :lol

I am about half way finished with the baby blanket that I have started. Hoping to finish it by the end of next week. This cal is really helping me stay on top of things and not let things get out of hand. Happy crocheting

Stacy, the reason I call my afghan an around the world afghan that is because it's just scrap yarn, and it's a whole bunch of different squares in a whole bunch of different colors. I'm just doing small granny squares and joining them in black to have a contrast.

I finished up the scarf last night, a mini keyhole in chenille...and I'm almost done with another panel in the MAM afghan. I've yet to start on the hat, though(maybe tomorrow), and I just brought more yarn for the squares.

ashleighraew - I love the sound of that, hope we get to see your progress. :)

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Sounds like everyone is making great progress. I haven't picked up a hook this week but will get back to the gingerbread boy Christmas stocking that I'm testing, almost done the first side, need to finish the second leg.

Well, I made more progress on the soft blocks, but I also have a confession to make--I started a scarf last night :eek: It's a really quick boa-type pattern that I should be able to finish up this weekend.....*crossing fingers*

I wish I could say that I am working on my WIPs but I am avoiding them. :blush

I did break out the freeform doll blanket and messed around with layout of the freeform motifs. I decided to ditch many of the motifs and stick to spirals for the blanket. I liked the look better.

Today I plan to by a button to finish the crocheted necklace I'm making for a niece. Hopefully this will jump start finishing this piece.

I found scarf I started last summer that I need to finish too.

Maybe I need to set the timer for 30 min. and work on something.

Stacy~I just finished an around the world afghan for a christmas present. I found my pattern from a link from the crocheted quilt cal. They are really easy to make but it does help to join the cal as the squares can become really tedious and boring.

O, I should also post an update on my wips. I have been working away on the baby blanket and today I have been working on the halter dress. They are both coming along. I have been really working at not starting a felted purse I want to knit in the worse way! I am making myself finish atleast one WIP before I start it.

Archived