WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Oh, I'm so embarrassed to admit I have had no time to work on my WIPs. I managed to get some more small projects started. I am starting on a sweater to send to the International Rescue Comittee's Resettlement program. I'm getting bored, and I have recently started reading the newsletters they send me instead of tossing them into my trash bin. I love charities, but working for a professional fundraising firm has kept me from every actually donating money. They're greedy. *pouts* I got forbidden from crocheting at work last week. Now, I'm going on a yarn shopping spree since I'll be getting my tax refund soon. Can't wait. *giggles* Uh-oh. I think I'll be in trouble.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thel love the blanket and the hook case :) cute.

Have to say is it me or what. I am that type that starts on one thing but, then start crocheting about 5 things at once and can't seem to finish one thing before starting on another. At times time doing, my sister a scarf, hair rap, my kitchen curtains, my daughter toddler blanket, me a shirt and trying to finish up my shrug. See to much at once. I still haven't yet to get started on my Cal month squares see so much at once. Will have to finish up the things I named before sticking another crochet hook into some yarn lol.:)

I know what you mean, Lesa, I tend to do the same thing. After completing my original WIP list, though, I felt soooo good! I decided I'm not going to take on too much at a time. I've got a list of things I've got in mind, and I'm not going to start a new one until I finish a WIP. Now so far, I've had a couple of small projects spring up that I'll go ahead and start and finish in just a couple of days. I don't feel bad about those because they're almost instant gratification and they add variety :) Like a scarf for my dd or a dishcloth or something. But right now my only big projects are a 63 squares afghan that I just started, and the vintage cardigan CAL which I still haven't even done a swatch for! lol I'm also doing the Valentine Mystery CAL, which adds variety without a huge time commitment. OK, maybe I"m not doing as well with my resolution as I thought....lol I also want to do a shrug for myself, but need to get yarn for it, etc. etc. :) Here I go again! :D :D :D

Wooo I see I am not the only one lol. Would of finished my sister scarf if I was in the house today been running around. But, have to say haven't started on nothing new yet. So want to finish up what I started so I can move on to something else I haven't yet to finish lol.

I am in a crochet online email group someone asked a question where is the weirds place you ever crochet? Tell you the truth I didn't know at that time because I always crocheted at home or over friends and family house. Unilt yesterday I had the answer to it. I took my shrug that I am still trying to finish up with me to because I knew I would be sitting down at the WIC office so I wanted to take it there with me. But, while on my way to the WIC office I realized I didn't pay my cable bill so my weirds place I would have to say is in the Time Warner Cable line lol. :)

I've been in a scrapbooking mode the past 2 nights so still didn't finish the edging of my afghan. Maybe tonight. Scratch that, I FINISHED IT THIS AM!!!

It's Understated Elegance from Vanna's Favorite Gift Crochet. Here's a few pics

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

OOOOH, very pretty, Dawn! I love elegant edgings like that, but have never done one.

I am moving along on my Windsor afghan - I've only got 6 more squares to make, then the joining, then the weaving, then the (simple) border. Maybe another week, if I don't get the yarn for my blue star afghan. That one has been on hold, as I ran out of the yarn, and the weather has shut most of the county down for days... Now it's on the upswing, I hope!

Dawn, your afghan is just beautiful.

I haven't finished a single WIP. In fact I have started two new projects. I think I'm going to rip one out. I started a shawl pattern just to see if I would like the design. I liked it a lot and kept going, but I don't like the stash yarn I used and I have at least 4 finished shawls already so I think I'll rip out the half done one. Its not like I need another one!

Tiffany, congrats on all your finishes. I'm so green with envy! :yes

Thel, beautiful baby afghan and hook case. I know you're so proud. And I love the colors. :fluffy

Dawn, what a gorgeous afghan! I don't have that book, but your afghan makes me want it now (I have a couple of the other Vanna books). Doing a big HD with you! :dance

As for me, well, I actually crocheted quite a bit over the weekend, since I was in the car for several hours. And I was home sick the past couple of days, so I've already put in 15 rows for this week (out of my goal of 20/week). Not so bad, after all.

Of course, I figured out just how much more I've got to do - I spread my completed work over the bed to judge it and realized I wasn't nearly as far along as I had hoped.

Oh, well, there will just be more of it to love!!

Bev

I can't believe it! I just saw your picture and marveled at it, then today in the mail, someone GIFTED me a Terry Kimbrough BOOK! How ironic! Oh, there are some beauties in that book, let me tell you!

So now that I want to start MORE afghans (LOL!), I have progress to report! I have finished ALL of the squares on my Windsor afghan. Now to join them, weave and border! Whoo-hooo!

Ohhh Dawn love it love it love it. Love the edges. Pretty.

Ok been doing my sister scarf I know I know not on my WIP list been doing other things that isn't on my list lately I had to she kept begging me so almost done will be down with that in a couple more hours then I can get back to my things I wan to finaly finsh up.:)

Everyone have a great day.

Biz jump right in our projects never end well at least mines don't lol.

Ok have some pics real quick of some things I put together real quick my sister wanted a scarf so whipped that up for her real quick also a craft box and a crochet hook case I finish.

Here goes:)

th_Pict12.jpg

th_Pict6.jpg

th_Pict04.jpg

th_Pict4.jpg

th_Pict2.jpg

th_Pict001113.jpg

th_Pict001112.jpg

My pics are clickable incase you like to see them close up. Thanks for looking.

Now have to go crochet something else:)

Nearly done joining these squares... feeling weak... want... to.... quit.... want to do another.... project.... ugh.... must ..... go....... on.........

LOL!!!!! :rofl

Haven't posted here in a while because of the shame!!! I keep starting new projects instead of finishing my WIPs...:( no self control at all :P

I just can't help myself! Krystal16 should understand... lol I always want to move on to another project :devil

I am the same way also I think I typed a recent post about me starting something and not finishing I be working on at least 5 things at once. I have to keep a notebook and write what projects I am working on and what stitches and what hook I am using because I will totally forget lol. :) I guess we are all like that have so many ideas in our head that we just have to start it before finishing what we was already doing. I see I am not along there lol.

Archived