WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

Well, I'm glad somebody is making some progress. I haven't been able to crochet all week due to a headache that has lasted since Sunday afternoon. GRRRR! I'm really getting close to finishing the main body of my afghan, and I was so hoping to get a lot done this week.

Bev

(P.S.: After the body of the afghan there are 11 rows of border. I'm glad I have until April to complete this thing.)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been pretty bad with a few of my wips that really have become UFOs. I pulled out the freeform doll blanket and sewed together many of the spirals.

398882838_c402324991_m.jpg

Lots of ends to weave in still though :P

Working hard on the Urban Wrap in the Lion "Stylish Plus Fashions" booklet. I have the back completed and completed the right front last night. :) I've got 3 rows started on the left front. I want to wear this to the church Centennial Dinner Dance in April, but would like to have it done long before that.

I've finished just a few things:

-Hubby's Felted Slippers (Christmas gift) DONE!

-Lacy Cocoon (30% done)

-Paton's Soy Wool Stripe Purse (needs handle - 95% done)

-Crystal Lace Bolero (80% done)

-Felted Messenger Bag (needs handle - 95% done)

-Nylon Shopping Bag (50% done)

-Snowflake Afghan CAL (need to finish joining and weave - 80% done)

-Sock Monkey Hat commission DONE!

-Skipping Stones Afghan commissions (Received the yarn finally! - 0% done)

Embarrassed to say that I haven't had the chance to work on any of my WIPs, although I got another scarf and hat set done for myself. Pink and white are great colors for me.

I have done a few more rows on the black afghan, but not all that much.

I've done another stripe of blue on my blue/green afghan.

Nothing else yet. Should have more progress soon.

Well, true to my last post, I didn't stitch on my afghan at all last week. :embarNow I have that much more to catch up on.

In addition, I started a new one! :no I was traveling over the weekend and knew there was no way I could take and work on the big afghan, so I chose a granny square variation that's in my to-do list and made a few squares while I was away. I guess it's just one more WIP to keep me here through eternity!

Bev

I've finished the baby sets I needed to make, and then took a little break for midterms, now i'm in 1/5 of the way through my stain glass window afghan

panel1.jpg

Heres the first panel! I'm really liking the afghan, plus its going to bust a lot of my stash eventually!!:hook :hook

Well, I have no progress to report. I've been on the road a lot the past couple of weeks, and I've been working late hours. No crocheting on super-large afghans for me.

Now I've got to play catch-up in a hurry!

Anyone else making progress on their WIPs?

Bev

Dawn, what a beautiful afghan! And it looks just perfect in that room. Congratulations. (Now, what's the next WIP going to be?)

Jessica, congratulations on the new niece/nephew. Will this be the first? If so, I can only imagine how many beautiful handmade items that baby is going to receive. Can't wait to see them in progress.

I'm happy to report that I actually worked on my afghan this past weekend! I finished the body of the monster, and I've completed 3 1/2 rounds of the border. I've officially reached the stage of hating this thing. The border isn't difficult, just unwieldy, huge, heavy . . . you get it. The sc across the original chain row just about did me in - so tight! Took about 1 1/2 hours just for that section! Can't wait to finish.

Bev

Anyone home?

I have actually made some progress. I have now finished 5 of the 11 rows of the afghan border. That doesn't sound like a lot more than last time, but those bobble rows take a loooooong time. And I have two more of those to go. Along with four sc rows. The end is in sight!

Bev

Bev, Can't wait to see the finished project! I love the feeling of knowing i'm almost done! yes this baby will be my first neice or nephew, and I've already started making things! I figure my sister can just pick out the things she likes and the rest will find happy homes with other babies.

Ill post pictures as I finish things!

Well haven't been crocheting a lot for a little over 3 weeks been so busy with kids and things around the house haven't been able to do as much crocheting as I like picked up my hook today and said wow ready miss this get off some stress when I crochet so back to my WIP list and finally get to complete something I put on hold.

So everyone keep getting your crochet on. :)

Woo-Hoo!!! I finished the wedding afghan last night. I really need to happy dance. :dance

Let's see, the pattern is Country Pebbles, the yarn is SS off-white. The size is, well, it's the size of my queen-sized mattress with a couple of inches hanging off each side and the bottom. I started it back in October, but I frogged it three times before finding out there was an error in the pattern. Then I crocheted about two feet of it before receiving the suggestion that it needed to be bigger. So I frogged it again, did the math, and made it queen sized. The I stopped to complete several Christmas presents. Started back in January with a vengeance - and finished the blessed thing last night! :yay

So, please, someone - everyone - come and dance with me!!

Bev

I can't believe that there are no more WIPs to finish! Isn't anyone making any progress?

As for me, I have a couple of afghans I'm working on, now that the big wedding ghan is out of the way:

1) I 'm trying to finish the May afghan from A Year of Aghans 8. Once again, I'm using Caron SS in off-white. This is for a young friend in Florida.

2) I'm making lots of progress on my Americana afghan (red, white, and blue solid grannies). I've decided to enlarge it by one block all the way around, so that will mean 32 extra squares (!).

I have three more afghans in various stages of WIP-ness. (One of them is White Lace from Quick & Cozy Afghans. It's about 7/8 finished.)

Come on, y'all, let's hear what you're doing.

Bev

Well I finished my old list of WIPs, then My sister told me she is having a baby, since it will be my first (and hopefully only for a long time) neice or nephew I figure i'll have to go all out and make everything I can think of. Right now i'm in the middle of making a mint green sweater, hat, and mittens set, then I plan on doing a white one, I also found a cute bib pattern I liked. And if it turns out its a boy I need to make a couple of blankets, I already have some cute girly ones done!

That should keep me busy for a while, Life keeps getting in the way, but hey 5 weeks from today and I am done with school!!!!! WAAHHOOOO :clap :clap :clap:yay :yay (at least for now!):think

I swear I haven't ignored my WIPs. I have gotten quite a bit more done on my striped afghan. I just need to get a couple more balls to finish the border, and then I'll be posting pictures.

My black afghan is close to two feet now. Need to go buy quite a bit more yarn.

My around the world afghan has come to a halt for now. Need to get more scrap yarns.

So, I just haven't been around my computer enough to post.

Life, ACK!

Archived