Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

It's just frustrating Wendy to have something in your mind and you can translate it to crochet.

I drew a picture:

th_sample-square.gif

It's a crude rendition of a bedspread that I have had and I LOVED, but it couldn't hold up to this family - I had the grand idea to try to duplicate it but in crochet - not gonna happen! So I like Julie's idea of the flower and leaf.

:lol

Here is my square so far:

th_P1010003-1.jpg

I plan on using a pattern from the 63 square booklet for the square (#47 Ripple Stitch) and I have decided to use TLC Essentials in Medium Thyme - I am planning on making quite a thick border - maybe about two inches or so between squares - I am now just trying to decide on how many flowers to place on the thing. Should I go symetrical and put four in each corner, or should I go five, one in each corner and one in the middle?

What do ya'll think???

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knicknac - how about using the Climbing Flowers as your border for your bedspread?

Tabby - that afghan looks lovely. I'm sorry if this question is unnecessary, but do you have a DH who would consider this too feminine?

Everyone - your ideas are great. And so varied. (I'm just sorry that I can't see so many of your photos. I don't know what's wrong. My Firefox (browser) settings are OK but I'm still not seeing so much stuff! :()

Hi Ann

Do you have your images thing on or off in your control panel ?

If you go to USER CP ( up at the top left of this page ), then to options I think is what you click on, then scroll down to where it says VIEW IMAGES and click in that box. If that isn't on, that's why you wouldnt be able to see the photos ( I THINK ) :lol

Wendy~Hello! As of right now i'm going with the flower one because the thread spiral did not work well with yarn. You couldn't even tell what it was, lol.

Ann~My Hubby actually really likes the flower one but I think he'de look at any thing I give him & say the same thing. He's not picky, he actually likes flowers & stuff around the house. He thinks it makes it look more lively & pretty. Of course he'de never admit that to another man, lol. He's not a hunter or sport fanatic type guy so I really lucked out with that. He really supports whatever I crochet just as long as i'm happy. :manyheart

I have to rethink what pattern I'm doing now. My DH wants me to use sensations rainbow boucle in the purple if I can and I don't think it will translate well on the block I wanted to do I think it would be too dark to show the detail in the pattern I'll have to think some more on what I'll do now. :think

Ok, I have started my first square. Although me and the pattern had a misunderstanding and I had to frog part of it. But I am back on track now. I am using the same size hook as the designer, but mine is going to be larger than a 12 inch square. I guess that is ok though. Will mean a few less squares to make I guess. I think once I put them all together I will border the entire bedspread with a round of the pale yellow and a round of the light sage. We'll see though. I may change my mind. :)

Hope everyone is else is coming along well with the start of there bedspreads or finding the perfect pattern and colors.

Hi Ann

Do you have your images thing on or off in your control panel ?

If you go to USER CP ( up at the top left of this page ), then to options I think is what you click on, then scroll down to where it says VIEW IMAGES and click in that box. If that isn't on, that's why you wouldnt be able to see the photos ( I THINK ) :lol

Julie,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the view option and, unfortunately, VIEW IMAGES was already checked. So, if this is OK and my browser values are OK (they agree with what Amy thinks they should be), I'm not sure what's going on. For example, I couldn't see KnickKnac's drawing or pix.

I'm not a newbie with computers but I'm not a tech guru either. It's just kinda' frustrating to not be able to see everyone's pictures (:(). That's one of the great parts of being here at the 'Ville - seeing what everyone is working on and how you all create such beauty. Oh well, I'll keep searching for an answer to this. Meanwhile, I need to decide on which design I want to use for a bedspread. At least that's a happy dilemma (:)).

Melissa,

I'm so happy that I'm able to see your picture of your first square! (I can see some pictures but not everyone's. Go figure (:think)!) That square is so pretty! I love that flower in the middle (:manyheart)! How many squares do you need to do?

Hi Gang- this place was hopping overnight !

Jewel - I am trying to remember without leafing back through a lot of posts, but I think you are making the popcorn square ? It has some added directions on it-- apparently the person who posted it made the squares in yarn -- her print is in italics regarding yarn used and number of squares.

Hope that will help you some . The dark red sounds nice ~ Can't wait to see a square done in it .

I went back and looked to see if I missed something, but unfortunately they give how much of the thread you would need, but they don't convert how much ww you would need. They convert everything else...i.e. hook and size of square, but not the yarn. Oh well I guess I will just have to do my own rough estimate. I decided to go with Claret and I went looking at yarn today, but I will not be able to buy any until after Christmas. Thanks for your help.

Thank you Ann. :) I am not positive yet. I am looking at two options. I am looking at doing a total of 48 squares or maybe 56. It depends on how much overhang I want to have on the sides.I am going to work up the first row and decide.

I am glad you were able to see the pictures. I hope you find out why you can't see all of them soon.

Melissa, I love your square. That will be so pretty. Are you dong all of that or are you alternating with plain squares?

My old brain just can't keep up with all the CALs and all the squares and all the peoples :wlol

Okay, I had to scan the pic. & all that junk but anyways here is the one i'm thinking of.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/queenpsycho26/?action=view&current=LastScan-2.jpg

I put the link because i'm not sure if I can put a picture from a book on here. Let me know what ya think. Should I do it?? Hmmm......:think

:cheer :cheer Yes, do it. I really like it. What colors will you use?:clap :clap

Pat A.

It's just frustrating Wendy to have something in your mind and you can translate it to crochet.

I drew a picture:

th_sample-square.gif

It's a crude rendition of a bedspread that I have had and I LOVED, but it couldn't hold up to this family - I had the grand idea to try to duplicate it but in crochet - not gonna happen! So I like Julie's idea of the flower and leaf.

:lol

Here is my square so far:

th_P1010003-1.jpg

I plan on using a pattern from the 63 square booklet for the square (#47 Ripple Stitch) and I have decided to use TLC Essentials in Medium Thyme - I am planning on making quite a thick border - maybe about two inches or so between squares - I am now just trying to decide on how many flowers to place on the thing. Should I go symetrical and put four in each corner, or should I go five, one in each corner and one in the middle?

What do ya'll think???

How about one flower in the middle and one or two leaves in each corner so when you put the squares together it'll have a pattern within a pattern if you could picture what I mean. Sort of like tiles that when you lay them together you see another pattern on the corners. Just MO. What do you think?

Pat A.

Here it is, my first finished square.

100_0517.jpg

100_0518.jpg

I love it. :c9 It's so pretty. Can't wait to see the finished afghan. I still can't decide what to do but I do want to make one for my bed.:yes

Pat A.

HELP!! Anyone doing the Rose Bower pattern..

Row 2 was : In each sp around make sc,half dc, 3 dc, half dc and sc Join.

I did this row no problem

Row 3 says : *Ch 4, sc between next 2 petals. Repeat from * around join.

Im lost with row 3. where do I sc between the petals and where does the ch 4 go...

Archived