Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JulieKay

Ok, I have this AWESOME idea floating in my head, it's AWESOME trust me! I am going to make a sample square right now.

What I need to know from you is how did you attach your flower and leaf to the square? Just sew it on? And that second flower and leaf, where did you find that pattern?

Oooh, KnicKnac--

This sounds exciting ! I just left real long tails on the beginning and ending of the flower and leaf, then sewed them onto the square .

Let me go look for the links for them - then I'll be back to post them in a sec -

flower -

http://charlenep7.tripod.com/crochetbycharlene/id12.html

leaf -

http://www.fablehandmadegoods.com/Crochetpattern-leaves.html

Wow Julie! You are on a roll. I didn't get started on mine yet. y little guy has been begging me to make him a hat. I was going to make one and give it to him for Christmas, but he kept on asking me.... So I am making it early. I'll have it done today though. I also completed another row of my Snowflake afghan I have been working on.

Okay, I had to scan the pic. & all that junk but anyways here is the one i'm thinking of.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/queenpsycho26/?action=view&current=LastScan-2.jpg

I put the link because i'm not sure if I can put a picture from a book on here. Let me know what ya think. Should I do it?? Hmmm......:think

I personally love claret and chocolate together - think raspberries and dark chocolate oh yeah... have definitely died and gone to heaven

Mmmmm raspberries and chocolate together........claret and chocolate are gorgeous together, I think. Its so rich and decadent.

BTW: are you near St. Catherines?

Oh, Mel ! I hope you have luck in making this one-- that bedspread is absolutely stunning. I REALLY like it a lot !

quote]

What can I say, I am a risk taker....haven't decided yet if I dare to do it in thread or cheat myself by doing in WW. If it is done in thread, I am definitely going to use a red color, something like Claret or Cardinal. If its in WW...I am going to use the same colors I did for the Giant Granny Square Afghan CAL, the Dark Orchid, Orchid and Aran. I don't know....I think I am just a glutton for punishment....AND its going to be made for my queen size bed.....now I just need to win the lottery to pay for this.:blush

I lived in St Catharines a couple of times. I am now in Welland having moved here from St. Kitts a year ago in July.

The reason why I asked is because I used to live in London, Woodstock and Ingersoll. Even spent a year up north in Peterborough. I really liked the Niagara Falls area....was thinking about living in St. Catherines but my husband died so I went back to Montana.

If anyone is still looking for a square to use, might I suggest this fabulous butterfly motif/square that would be really, really pretty done in various colours and vari's.

http://psf.homestead.com/butterfly.html

This has been designed by our own Ro and deserves lots of attention as it is really neat. Could be used with some of the floral motifs here to great effect.

ARGH!!!

Why is it I cannot translate what is in my head to the crochet hook!!! I see it! Why can't it just appear on the square???

:lol

It's a defect in the hooks. didn't you hear there was a major recall for just this very problem :wlol

I do know how you feel... My mind is so clear why don't my fingers just do it.

good morning everyone, yawn.

wow I wakeup and there is 3 pages to read on here. I havent done anything on this just yet. I decided at the last minute to make a round ripple for my grandma for xmas and Im busy trying to get that done.

Tabby - I love that pattern are you going to do that one or the spiral.

Knicknac - hows it going there are you having some problems or have you worked them out

Darski - I like that butterfly pattern, very nice.

Hello to everyone have a great day. Its going to be a good day at work. We are having morning tea while doing secret santa. Then we are going out to have a xmas lunch. I will be so bloated from food by the end of the day.

Archived