Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

The square elegance is very easy and does work up fairly quickly. It works for me to carry for visits in my building.

It can be mindless in its own way but I find boring to be a challenge. we will see how it goes since it is an award winner .. Here's the link:

http://www.therockingchair.us/squareeleganceafghan.html

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darski,

This is a late vote (:)) but I vote for the square elegance. I love flowers but in crocheted things I tend to go for lines more than floral motifs.

Meanwhile -- I'm still deciding on the pattern I want to use for a bedspread. I ordered and just received some books with 63 cables, 63 stitches and 63 more stitches (not exact titles). I thought that looking through these books would help me find a pattern (:think). Instead, I've found 10 patterns that I like (:lol)! I don't want a sampler bedspread so now I need to make a difficult choice (:yes)! Oh well, at least I have a few days to choose a pattern and get my supplies...

Thanks for the vote . I need a push in that direction. I just did a test drive on a leaf ripple pattern that I love but it won't work in my yarn so it is back to my square elegance again.

I think I will just stick on a bit for the foot-end drop when I get there. It will give me a chance to make a totally FAB gusset just for a change of pace.

I guess I need to get back to my pillow shams too.. time flies when you're having fun. :wlol

BTW, I just ordered the 63 cables book. Can't wait for it to get here

Darski,

I love the Rose block and would suggest that a smaller hook may be the way to go for that one.

I also love the Square Elegance! So much so that I also want to make it! These CAL's are crazy. They make you want to do, and do, and do, etc......:yes

My vote is for the SE!!!!!

I like the 63 cables book (:cheer). Some of the patterns seem very familiar (as in "Haven't I seen that somewhere before?") but still pretty. Some of them are exquisitely beautiful (:manyheart). I need to really look at them in the next few days - I just did a very quick skim to see if anything caught my eye - but I think I'll need to start making a list of "projects I want to use this cable in" for quite a number of cables (:yes:yes).

I tried making a pattern of crossed cables that a friend of mine just loved. i wanted to see if I could make it happen and the stitch is very nice. it would make a great bedspread just on its own.

will see if I can find the pic I took...

TaDA!

crossedcable.jpg

hope that image comes through

Darski, and others - please chime in:

I'm ready to pick a design out of a hat:eek

In a Mediterranean B/R with long drapes, which style would fit: "pinwheel" design which has a free flowing, lacy and open look and has a small flower in the center of each motif, or

a "snowflake" square motif?

Both are about 8 inches.

:confused

Judi, with Mediterranean I would go for the square motif rather than a round one. To me, the lines fit better.

Darski, I NEED to know that cross cable pattern, where did you get it. There has been something in my mind for MONTHS to make that is actually a garment but I couldn't figure out how to do it with that kind of pattern. I will pay for the book that that pattern came in!

Just my vote, as much as a like the flower, that square elegance is gorgeous...makes me rethink my decision...

Darski - beautiful square sample and color ! What is the color called ?

Judi- I wish I could chime in, but I'm not known for being much of an interior decorator - I kinda "dress" my house like I dress myself - I pick my clothes out in the dark, so if it matches, fine, and if it doesn't ,that's fine too .

My house looks about the same - If I like something, I buy it and use it . If it matches, fine, if not , that's ok too . :lol

Good luck with your decision .

Knic- I THINK Darski said she got that out of the newest pattern booklet by LA-- the 63 Cables .There are 3 of them in the set and that one is fairly new .

Karin- let us know how your sample square goes and if you like it or not .

Darski - I really like that cable pattern. I never knew you could do cable in crochet. The color is very nice as well.

Judi - Have you picked the pattern out of the hat and what is it going to be.

Karin - Im interested in how you go with the rose bower pattern and what you think of it.

Im now interested in the floral overlay pattern. I hate it when I cant decide on something.

Ta-Da!

"Christmas Snowflake" (in burgundy or a deep wine) is my choice ...coincidentally by my favorite designer, Katherine Eng - I've made others by her.

Good Morning All!:manyheart

Darski~Beautiful sample. I love that cable pattern & color. It looks like Caron SS plum wine.

I am going through yarn withdrawal here. I said I wouldn't buy any until after Christmas & I have a ton of yarn here yet i'm itching to get out & buy more. What is wrong with me? :eek:lol Well, i'm off to pre-school early to help out but i'll check in when I get home.

Hello everyone!

darski: Is that yummy crossed cables from one of the LA "63" books?

judi: glad you were able to decide on a motif. There are so many beautiful ones, aren't there?

q8: This is a bedspread CAL - but you're always welcome to visit to see what everyone's working on.

And to everyone else, take care. And I look forward to seeing the progression of these bedspreads. I know that they will all be beautiful!!

Darski, and others - please chime in:

I'm ready to pick a design out of a hat:eek

In a Mediterranean B/R with long drapes, which style would fit: "pinwheel" design which has a free flowing, lacy and open look and has a small flower in the center of each motif, or

a "snowflake" square motif?

Both are about 8 inches.

:confused

I would think the pinwheel would go best - that's without seeing them but it has more of a motif that goes with the lines of Med furniture. the small flower reminds me of the raised motifs common to that furn style.

When I can write up what I did for the crossed cables, I will post it here. I just had a picture to go by that a friend liked and couldn't figure out. (She hasn't done much Aran crochet)

Will post as soon as I can write it - roughly speaking

Hello everyone!

judi: glad you were able to decide on a motif. There are so many beautiful ones, aren't there?

Too many choices!!!!:P

...and this is the square one, though the middle motif has a flower look.

Archived