Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Wow, Melissa

THAT is beautiful ! REALLY nice work. This is gonne be a xounty fair contender . Ever enter something in the fair ? I bet this would get a blue ribbon .

Ann- sorry that idea didn't help you out. I don't know what else to try . :think

Jewel

Sorry they didnt give yarn amounts --- maybe you'll be able to kinda figure it out once you use up one skein, then see how far it gets you. For my pattern, one skein made ALMOST 3 squares . I think I'm gonna make mine either 7 x 8 or 6 x 7 . I'll wait and see how wide it turns out with 6, but I think I'll need 7 .

Wendy- I hope someone else is working on that same one so they can help you . :)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melissa, I love your square. That will be so pretty. Are you dong all of that or are you alternating with plain squares?

My old brain just can't keep up with all the CALs and all the squares and all the peoples :wlol

I am planning to do them all the same. :hook

Wow, Melissa

THAT is beautiful ! REALLY nice work. This is gonne be a xounty fair contender . Ever enter something in the fair ? I bet this would get a blue ribbon .

:)

No I have never entered anything in the fair. :think Hmmm maybe I will. Would be a really fun experience.:yes

I have to rethink what pattern I'm doing now. My DH wants me to use sensations rainbow boucle in the purple if I can and I don't think it will translate well on the block I wanted to do I think it would be too dark to show the detail in the pattern I'll have to think some more on what I'll do now. :think

I think you get off easy here:D ...you can make a very simple block, since the yarn is the showpiece of the work, not the pattern...MHO...:hook

Here it is, my first finished square.

100_0517.jpg

100_0518.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!:yes You ibviously have more patience than I do...or maybe it's the king-size bed I have that is daunting... I am thinking of a more simple square for me - but with the thicker, fancier yarn...I'm still bringing a few patterns to Michaels when I explore (after Christmas!).

I already mentioned to DH that I'll probably be making a dark Burgundy-type bedspread...it won't show the after-effects of the dog jumping on the bed:D Light colors are a No-No!

Good morning everybody! I'd like to join too. I spent quite a while last night trying to find just the right pattern and had left several pages open to the ones that I was trying to decide from. Then the power went out:eek I don't remember if I saved them so I might have to start the search again. I haven't been able to check because the power is still out in the side of the apartment where my computer is.

I'd love to do one in thread but I'm sure it would never get finished so I'll most likely go with ww. I'm not even sure if this will be for me or someone else!!

I wonder if a baby size bedspread in thread would be practical?

HELP!! Anyone doing the Rose Bower pattern..

Row 2 was : In each sp around make sc,half dc, 3 dc, half dc and sc Join.

I did this row no problem

Row 3 says : *Ch 4, sc between next 2 petals. Repeat from * around join.

Im lost with row 3. where do I sc between the petals and where does the ch 4 go...

each petal begins with a SC so you have two sc side by side. insert your sc between the two. not in either one but between the two.

Your chain 4 will lie Behind the taller stitches in your petal

Julie,

I am thinking that I might do a practice square with the same yarn, just a different color. I don't have the claret yet, but plan on purchasing it soon. If I do a practice square than I might know a little bit of a guesstimate how much yarn I need. Thanks for your help though. I have some other projects I am putting a rush on to finish so that I will be able to focus on this one. I am so excited and I can't wait to get started.:hook

That's a good idea jewel. I did start one of your squares to check it out and I forgot - until I got there - how much I dislike popcorns. got to the second popcorn row and haven't finished the square.

Good thing I didn't choose that one after all.

I love the look of popcorns, just not the making. :eek:hook

HELP!! Anyone doing the Rose Bower pattern..

Row 2 was : In each sp around make sc,half dc, 3 dc, half dc and sc Join.

I did this row no problem

Row 3 says : *Ch 4, sc between next 2 petals. Repeat from * around join.

Im lost with row 3. where do I sc between the petals and where does the ch 4 go...

To be completely honest, I have started the motifs for the Rose Bower bedspread about 4 years ago...I do have some squares finished but I don't know what made me stop working it. I will definitely get a picture of what I have done so far. I got a little crazy with the green. A few squares are done in a dark hunter green and a few are done in a light green. I thought it would be interesting affect to it. Maybe I should continue with it and do the spiral one later .... maybe 4 years later?? Let me know how yours is going Aussie:)

Ladies, I just realized something....I might have bitten off more than I can crochet!!!! CADD is taking hold on me and it won't let go!!!! I want to do the Spiral bedspread, but I have the Rose Bower already started from 4 years ago....I want to make a doily for my boss, I need curtains for my kitchen that I was going to crochet...........:shrugI am definitely drowning in WIPS and decision disorder!! Any suggestions?? I will take all the help I can get.........

:worried:sweat:oops:confused :thair

So, I've been working on these thread coasters for a friend of mine. Each one takes 2 hours to make, and I'm making her 8. I've completed 6, and then they'll need to be blocked.

To take my mind off thread, I decided to make a toddler sized scrap afghan, making hexagonal grannies in lots of wild colors. That'll be for Project Linus. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, and each of those grannies works up fast.

So, no telling when I'll ever get started on this...

Hi Mel

Well, you can decide what you wanna work on first. I know it bothers me when I have too many things going at a time . I'd like to see a photo of the square you have done to see how it looks . Maybe if you have lots of them done, you should just go full steam ahead and keep on working on it now . :)

hello

iwanna join you sis`s

i`ll make my own afghan starting from 1st of jan

i`ll take it from afghans book :) i`ll show you my work after i`m done

don`t ask me about the finishing look because i just didn`t decide which one i`ll choose hehehehehehe

Melissa~You did a beautiful job on your square. :cheer:clap:cheer

Pat A.~I'm not completely set on colors yet but I think i'm going to use similar colors to the pattern just because it's so pretty that way. :yarn

Good Morning Julie! :hi

I like the colors of your square. I would continue it. Maybe I'll do the same one just to try something different I haven't tried yet. Where did you get the pattern? Thanks.:)

Pat Ada

Pat~The pattern is from a Leisure Art Leaflet called "Bouquet of Afghans". I believe it's something my Mom bought me way back when, lol.

As for me, i've done NOTHING productive today. It's my Hubbys day off & I seem to not do much when he's here. :lol

As for pattern, I'm not a huge fan of the florals, and because I live in the deep South, where it's HOT 364 days of the year, I'd like something light and lacy. I think I'll have to search some more for the perfect pattern...

I have been considering your requirements for a while and hoping that something would present itself as a possible for you as I like to have lots of victims um er participants in the CAL's ...

What about using the motif from the Butterfly Shawl CAL for your bedspread? it is light and lacy and not a flower

Thanks Darski, I have worked that out now.

Im doing the Rose Bower and I dont really like how the rose is turning out. The first layer looks like a wheel with spokes.

Melannie I am still trying to do one sample square. My husband wants me to do it in marone because the cream is going to get dirty too quick. I am waiting for a pic of one of your squares to see what your flower looks like.

Morning gang

Just thought it was time for an update to see how everyone is doing ? I now have 4 squares made, but only one has the flower on it ,so I have to make them to put on each one . I am very happy with the pattern I chose. The squares are so easy, I already have the pattern memorized, so it's just a matter of staying on task now to make a LOT more . I am guessing it may take 56 -

I am also kicking around a different idea where it wouldn't take as many squares, but it'd take some designing ability, which I have NONE .

I'll keep you all updated to see what I come up with .

I hope you all have found a pattern you like . The big day will soon be here, then life should calm down and we can all get a better start on this .

Morning Julie!

I have just the one square finished. I am trying to get some other stuff finished up first. I'll work on it more after Christmas. I am almost halfway done with a sweater for my DH. I can't believe how easy it is so far.(BUT, I havn't gotten to thesleeves yet. So this could change. :lol this will only be the 2ndsweater I have made. The first one I did was for my daughter. I posted picures at my blog of Kyra's sweater. I also psted a picture of my progress on DH's sweater. But I have worked on it a lot since then. Hmm..... wonder if I can get this done in time for Christmas.:hook

Archived