Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, Tabby :manyheart

Does Jaden's preschool have a Christmas party this week ? Cam had his yesterday . He had a blast .

Melissa - I went to you blog to see your sweater photos- I saw the start of your husband's but couldn't see the one you did for your daughter .

Thanks for checking in, guys ... you both have a great day today . :)

Morning, Tabby :manyheart

Melissa - I went to you blog to see your sweater photos- I saw the start of your husband's but couldn't see the one you did for your daughter .

Here isw the link to the post about her sweater. Maybe this will work for you.

Mel - those are pretty I started this one last January in thread. I lost patience. I had intentions of making spreads for my mom and my mil for xmas this year but it drove me nuts to do it in thread so i gave up lol. Yours are great.

I have been considering your requirements for a while and hoping that something would present itself as a possible for you as I like to have lots of victims um er participants in the CAL's ...

What about using the motif from the Butterfly Shawl CAL for your bedspread? it is light and lacy and not a flower

--------

I couldn't find the motif you're talking about on the website.

Mel - those are pretty I started this one last January in thread. I lost patience. I had intentions of making spreads for my mom and my mil for xmas this year but it drove me nuts to do it in thread so i gave up lol. Yours are great.

I got bored one day and decided to use the lighter green to add some kind of affect. I think I did good...I just love the color green

--------

I couldn't find the motif you're talking about on the website.

I'm sorry, I thought that you had been part of that Butterfly Shawl CAL so that you would have the pattern for the motif.

Oh well, maybe another open butterfly pattern will come along. sorry 'bout that Chief :wlol

After sitting amidst a pile of pattern books today I at least know one thing: the BS is going to be a deep wine/burgandy. Only one color. I've seen 3 patterns that look good: one with large squares:D (nearly 8") ...shown in white:P...not with :dog :dog !!

...another is a sampler afghan I can make bigger (no boredom there - all different patterns for the squares:D )

...the other is a simple swirl type pattern with a small flower in the center of each, nearly 9" motif. The latter is the one I'm leaning toward because of it's softer, less structured design.

King size bed, Mediterranean furniture...no "country" in sight;)

Anyone want to chime in? Structured design or free-flowing? :think

I've made progress...at least I have the BS narrowed down to a choice between 3 designs!!:yay

As promised, here are the Rose Bower Squares

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/HPIM0038.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/HPIM0036.jpg

Hope the link does work......

Beautiful and delicate - sweet!:c9

Hi Melissa

Thanks for the link to the sweater. That is really pretty and a great color for a little girl. Does she know you were making it for her or is it a surprise ? And does it zip up the front ? I thought it kinda looked like it did. If so, was it hard putting the zipper in ?

Wow, Mel- those are just LOVELY . You were asking us yesterday what to do , since you had so many things in the works. It'd sure be a shame to waste all that work and such beautiful squares. I vote that you keep working on this one-- it will make a BEAUTIFUL bedspread .

Andrea- if you like the pattern, maybe you and Mel could work along together on it in yarn, maybe then it wouldnt be such a daunting job .

Judi -well, without seeing the patterns and knowing the color you are using, I'd lean away from the sampler one only because usually with real dark colors, the stitches don't show as well to full affect .

If you choose to do the one with the flowers, would they also be in the burgundy or another color ?

Hi Julie, thanks for keeping us on our toes!

I have decided on the square, how it's going to be put together, what border it will have, just not completely sold on what is going on the top of the square.

Going on vacation on Saturday for a week so will be busy with that, so I officially wont start until the 1st for sure. That's if my LYS has the yarn I need!!!

I will have internet connection where I am going and my laptop, just not alot of time to spend online. But I promise, I will keep in touch!

I really liked the look of the Rose Bower Square so I decided to try one with bits of leftovers

rosebower.jpg

The real problem with this square is the HUGE holes where the leaves and the granny section come together. I don't think I would go with this one after all. The floral overlay might just be possible though because...

My square elegance spread - the first 10 rows are here:

startBB.jpg

This is too short for the bed. (It is done lengthwise) Ihave to decide whether I can add in a segment when I get past the front drop section to cover the end OR I have to rip out all that I have done and start over.

I hate starting over. I have a tendency to just scrap the whole thing if I rip out. :sigh

The colour is a warm cream and not really yellow.

Wow, Mel- those are just LOVELY . You were asking us yesterday what to do , since you had so many things in the works. It'd sure be a shame to waste all that work and such beautiful squares. I vote that you keep working on this one-- it will make a BEAUTIFUL bedspread .

Andrea- if you like the pattern, maybe you and Mel could work along together on it in yarn, maybe then it wouldnt be such a daunting job .

quote]

That sounds like a plan....I am game for it....

Hi Everyone, sorry I havent been on. I had a bad headache last night so went to bed early.

Mel thanks for the photos of the rose bower square. Now that I have seen it, as pretty as it it and your squares are beautiful I dont think I want to do it. I agree with Darski the wholes are too big by the leaves. Now Im going to have to look for something else. Mel I think you should continue with it though, it would look great.

At least its friday and the last day of work before the weekend. Today we are having a breakfast at work then at lunch my work is putting on lunch before some speeches and then its hometime... yah

Julie have you decided what you are going to do. Are you going with that square and putting the flowers on them.

:) Hidey Ho Wendy

Sorry to hear about your head. I have those cracking headaches too. NO FUN . Hope you are feeling better now .

Yea, I'm gonna go with the square I posted. I now have 4 made .

Well, darski - I'm gonna vote against the rest of you and say the square is BEEOOOTEEEFUUUL . I love it .Why couldn't you use it and just have some type of solid color blanket underneath it so the pattern would show up ?

Your other one is pretty too. I hope you can figure out a way to make it work .

I have had a small change. I am going to add some plain squares to my BS. Talked to DH about it and he likes that idea.(he's still in NJ) I think I will need a total of 56 squares for this. Now to decide on what pattern to use for the plain square. I think just a granny would be good. I don't want to take away from the floral square.

Pat~The pattern is from a Leisure Art Leaflet called "Bouquet of Afghans". I believe it's something my Mom bought me way back when, lol.

As for me, i've done NOTHING productive today. It's my Hubbys day off & I seem to not do much when he's here. :lol

Don't have that and no way to get it here on the Island. So I guess I'll have to find something like that to do.:(

Pat A.

I really liked the look of the Rose Bower Square so I decided to try one with bits of leftovers

rosebower.jpg

The real problem with this square is the HUGE holes where the leaves and the granny section come together. I don't think I would go with this one after all. The floral overlay might just be possible though because...

My square elegance spread - the first 10 rows are here:

startBB.jpg

This is too short for the bed. (It is done lengthwise) Ihave to decide whether I can add in a segment when I get past the front drop section to cover the end OR I have to rip out all that I have done and start over.

I hate starting over. I have a tendency to just scrap the whole thing if I rip out. :sigh

The colour is a warm cream and not really yellow.

I like your rose square. But I agree with you, I wouldn't like the huge holes in it. But I love the square elegance. It looks easy and fast to do. Is it?

Pat Ada

Archived