Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jimmie Lu, that does sound nice. I am still considering what I can do in black and white (+ grey) so I like to see what others are doing with this.

do you have a square in mind or are they just large grannies?

Can't wait to see what you all come up with . :)

I need to do some homework on how to post pictures here...so far, DH has been scanning them into the computer for me...but I know I have to get them within certain perameters to post :think

Welcome q8 :yay - I'd love to have someone else working on the Greenbriar with me. It's at http://home.inreach.com/marthac/bed.html

Adia - Chocolate Dreams :manyheart @ http://spatulagraphics.com/HnC/ChocolateDreams.pdf would be very pretty done in burgundy.

Linda T:hook

Jimmie Lu, that does sound nice. I am still considering what I can do in black and white (+ grey) so I like to see what others are doing with this.

What about a diagonal block that goes from light to dark or dark to light?

That green & tan afghan is gorgeous and Christopher is adorable in his new hat. Great jog. I love Oma's afghan. I can see why it inspired you.

Bye for now.

Linda

Linda thanks for the compliments.

:cheerI am really excited because I was able to return some of my yarn today to Joann's and get the yarn that I will need for my BS. I am sure that I will need more, but at least I have some to get me started. I am using the Caron One Pound Claret. It also looks like I will be making a smaller version of the blanket for my mom in Midnight Blue.

Jewel, i forgot to mention that wonderful afghan that you did for "Jeannie". That is just breathtaking.

:cheer Wayyyyy to go girl. :cheer

That would make a very nice spread pattern... not that I'm looking or anything like that.

wow.... I go to work and come home to find 3 pages of postings in here.

Everyone seems to be sorting out what they want to do. I cant wait to see

some pics of everyones BS.

I went to spotlight at lunchtime and got my wool. I ended up with a dark pink color as I couldnt get anymore plum. I bought 20 balls of 100grams each. I wonder if that will be enough. Then I also bought another 8 balls for my 9 patch. You should have seen the big bag I had when I went out of the shop, a few people looked at me wondering what I was going to do with all that wool.

The pattern was done in the plum color but I will be doing it in the dark pink.

here it is

It sounds like things are starting to roll a little more in here now with the holiday rush over with, the after- Christmas shopping, etc .

It also sounds like several of you have settled on a pattern and colors,which is good. We are all getting organized and ready to go .

I have my pattern chosen, yarn bought and squares started . They go very quickly to make one . I am refraining from counting just how many of those little doohickeys I will need to cover a bed, but I think it'd be wise for me to print out a graph paper and print it all out as to size needed . The afghan pattern I am working on will not be big enough for a bedspread, so I'm sure I'll need to make it wider and longer . Anyhow, it'll be a great project to work on for those winter months ahead of us .

Wendy- I'm glad you were able to get all your yarn to finish 2 projects. That's a relief to have all you need, isn't it ? And your first square is very pretty ! Nice work . :hook

I hope everyone else is soon able to join in and share some photos with us ~

q8 - Yes to both questions. It is filet crochet and it can definately be done with thread. I'm doing it in an ivory mercerized cotton thread.

Wendy - that's going to be gorgeous in dark pink.:nworthy

I've finished the turquoise beaded centerpiece - WHeeee!!! :woo One WIP down and several yet to go.

Hello Everyone! Things can finally settle down a bit here. Christmas is over & the dentists appts. are out of my way. I will be deciding on colors & a pattern by tomorrow, wish me luck. HeeHee! I hope I can settle on something quickly. :think I have to do laundry at my parents this evening but i'll check in before heading to bed. :D

Wendy~Your square is very pretty. :cheer:clap:cheer

Howdy Julie! :manyheart

I just got a digital camera for Christmas. As soon as I learn how to work it and download pictures to the computer, I will post pictures of my most recent projects. :ccompute Most of my stuff ends up as gifts to others, so once it's gone, it's too late to take pictures. My popcorn stripes BS just hit a snag. :thumbdown I just realized that the yarn I was going to use doesn't match. One color is pure wool and the other is synthetic. :( Back to the drawing board. I started the Greenbriar, but ripped it out after 3 rows. :shrug I was using too large a hook and the gauge didn't work out. I was using a 5, think I'll try a 6 this time. I think that a 7 will be too tight with this thread.

WIPs:

dark green & black variegated Ripple afghan - 20% done

super-sized sage green & royal purple afghan - 95% done

Christmas angel ornaments - 90% done

2 lacy collars - Just need buttons & starching

Thanks everyone, I started the square last night with the new wool. Im itching to see what it will look like. Its a very easy pattern to do and once I have one square done I will be able to see how many I need to do.

Julie - what pattern are you doing I cant remember whether you told us or not.

Linda - I cant wait to see pics of your beaded centerpiece. Sounds beautiful.

Tabby - I look forward to seeing what you have picked to do.

Well I definately won't be able to do the Iron Cross pattern with the yarn I picked out so now I'm trying the pattern in a plain ww yarn just to see if I like it enough to do a billion :heehee of them and I'am finding I don't really like that square too much, but got a few ideas about doing something on my own if I can't find another pattern I like.

I am going to also do a Trip Around the World as a 2nd BS which I got some of the yarn for to start on it yesterday.

I want to do two BS, one for the warmer weather :sun and one heavier for the cooooold weather.:wcold Maybe I'll get them done by next year.:lol

Good Morning? Isn't anyone awake yet? If not, then WAKE UP!!!! LOL. :lol I still have NO idea what i'm doing as far as a bedsperead but i'll have to know soon so I can buy the yarn. Where is everyone when I need some major help in the decision process? Huh, Huh? :think:lol:P:devil

Okay, i'll leave now but i'm not going to like it. *stomps off*

:lol

Uh Oh,

Tabby is stomping off in a huff. You guys, where are you when I need some backup here ?

Tab- come out of the corner and pull that bottom lip back in. You don't want a bird to drop you a little present on that lip hanging out, do you ?

I'm here- I will help you :D

I am doing the woven blocks --

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/woven.html

My colors are claret, country rose and white . I have a pile of small squares made so far. I have no clue how many it'll take to complete a double bed size . I guess I should get brave and map it out today to see how many I'll need .

Ok, Tab-- come out wherever you are ~~~~~~~:hook

Good Morning? Isn't anyone awake yet? If not, then WAKE UP!!!! LOL. :lol I still have NO idea what i'm doing as far as a bedsperead but i'll have to know soon so I can buy the yarn. Where is everyone when I need some major help in the decision process? Huh, Huh? :think:lol:P:devil

Okay, i'll leave now but i'm not going to like it. *stomps off*

:lol

Phew!!! I heard her yelling all the way over here! I was just updating my blog with the latest pics of progress on different projects. None for the BS yet though.

Do you want somthing floral?? Somthing plain?? Something with lots of ends to weave in?? Colorful?? Old Fashioned??

Please don't stomp too hard, we don't want you too hurt yourself.:manyheart

I am doing the woven blocks --

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/woven.html

My colors are claret, country rose and white . I have a pile of small squares made so far. I have no clue how many it'll take to complete a double bed size . I guess I should get brave and map it out today to see how many I'll need .

That one is going to be pretty. I can't wait to see pictures. The colors sound great.

Archived