Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Hi Julie, Are you feeling better. I just looked at that website, they are nice arent they. Have you changed your mind about what pattern to do.

Tabby - how is your hubby is he feeling better now.

We had a great dinner this afternoon, we all ate too much. Now I cant keep awake its 9.30pm xmas eve 2 1/2 hours to go till xmas day. The girls cant sleep they are so excited about getting their presents.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I forgot to tell you.

After my family had left, my girls were playing outside for a little bit before it got dark and they heard a grunting noise. My hubby had a look around and saw a Koala at the top of one of our trees in our front garden.

He will probably be gone by tomorrow morning, but if he is still there I will take some photos. It was too dark with the camera tonight to see him clearly.

Good morning Wendy

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family . What a neat thing to see in your yard ! A KOALA ~

If I saw one in MY yard, everyone would think I had one too many sips of the old eggnog .

I DID see 3 of Santa's reindeer this morning on my way home from the store . I think it was Vixen ,Cupid and Blitzen. They are the 3 orneriest ones . :lol

Anyhow, I'm glad you had an enjoyable day and another one coming up here soon for you !

Yep, I REALLY like the woven strips quilt-ghan- SO PRETTY . I believe I have changed my mind once again. So what else is new ? :D

Julie,

That is an awesome site. :yay I've narrowed my choices down to two. The Greenbriar in thread or Striped Popcorn Afghan. I found the second one in with Grandma's stuff. It's from the March, 1983 Workbasket magazine. It's done in yarn and sounds like it would be one that I can do pretty much on autopilot once I get the pattern memorized. Maybe I'll do both. :devil The yarn one here at home and the thread one as a take along. What do the rest of you think about that idea?

Have a wonderful Christmas eve everyone!

Linda T:sheepxmas

Julie~I like the woven stripes & the ohio star ones, great site. I still don't have mine written in blood either so we'll see.

Thanks for wishing my family well. My Hubby still sick but he took dayquil & off to work he went, yes he works today. Grrrrrr! My son Sage (one of the twins) woke up sick too, ughhh. What were they thinking, don't they know it's no fun to be sick on Christmas, lol. I think he has a stomach thing going on, i'm not quite sure yet.

I hope you feel normal soon. :hug Have a great holiday with your family. :wreath

Wendy~I'm glad you & your family had a good holiday. Koala bear in the yard? Wow, I would've loved to see that. They're so cute, can you get close to them or are they not friendly?

Linda, do one in thread and you'd be an instant queen ... do both and you immediately become a goddess! :lol

Brae

Julie,

Maybe I'll do both. :devil The yarn one here at home and the thread one as a take along. What do the rest of you think about that idea?

Linda

Well, I say go for it ! If you can do two, that'd be great . The popcorn stripes sounds interesting. I'd like to see what it looks like !

Q8- you are right, I need to just make up my mind. I will, you'll see. I do this a lot til I settle on something I really like.

Tabby- boy, I hope the rest of your family isnt sick too, that is no fun .I'm finally back among the living today.

Normal ? - NO.... I don't know if you'd EVER call me that . :lol

Maybe I'll do both. :devil The yarn one here at home and the thread one as a take along. What do the rest of you think about that idea?

Have a wonderful Christmas eve everyone!

Linda, God bless you and your energy!! Go for both! You'll be making such treasures for yourself and your family.

:clap:hug

Linda, go for it. you will always have something to do :wlol

Julie, I know what you mean. they had to offer an Ohio Star :sigh

So far, I am being strong and still going with my Square Elegance but I figure I can add a rose element in the gussets I will need.

Failing to plan can be so serendipitous :hook:wlol

Okay! :hug With your support, two it is. :hook Now I'll have to see what yarn & thread I have on hand. I'm sure there is enough of two yarn colors, but will have to check on what I might have that would work for the third. I think I'll use ecru or cream for the thread.

Merry Christmas everyone.:wreath

Linda T

Q 8-

I believe I am going to go for the woven strips afghan. I already bought the yarn this morning and have made a couple squares for it. I havent had lots of time today, but have about 5 squares done I think, which isnt too bad, considering I have a gang coming in to eat tonite !

Thanks for the offer of help, but I think I finally have my ship on course.:)

Julie, I tend to agree with your choice. it was lovely and being it is just grannies, you can toss them off anywhere

Karin, I know what you mean. the Rose bower is beautiful but has those challenges too.

The great news is there a a gazillion great patterns to try

Tabby- boy, I hope the rest of your family isnt sick too, that is no fun .I'm finally back among the living today.

Normal ? - NO.... I don't know if you'd EVER call me that . :lol

LOL, That makes two of us Julie. I always say, "normal people scare me". :lol So i'm glad your NOT normal that must be why we get along so well. :manyheart

As for the family, my Hubby is feeling better but not completely yet functional atleast. My poor son is now running a 104 temp., not good. He can't even enjoy Christmas Eve, I hope he feels better tomorrow. I feel so helpless when there this sick. :(

What is everyone cooking tomorrow? The best thing about any holiday is FOOD! :devil LOL.

A Merry Xmas morning to everyone. My girls have opened their presents and love them all. At least they are getting older now and dont wake us up at 4am to open them now. We got a sleep in till 7.30am.

Julie, the Koala was gone this morning. You can pat them if they will let you get close enough. I cant wait to see what pattern you have decided to do. As for me I have realised that I dont have the patience at the moment for flower patterns. So am now looking for something else.

Tabby - wow your family havent picked the best time to get sick. I hope your boy is better in time to enjoy xmas and opening his presents.

Have a great day everyone. We are off to my mums place for xmas lunch and to open more presents. Tabby you are right, food is the best part of the holidays. You can eat heaps without feeling guilty.

Wendy~Merry Christmas! I'm glad to hear your Christmas is off to a good start. Have tons of fun at your Moms and eat a load of food for me. :D Have a great one!

I'm also rethinking a floral pattern but we'll see when I go to buy yarn. Maybe something will yell my name, lol. :yarn

I'm just wondering if anyone is considering a filet pattern. I have seen a couple that caught my fancy but I am such a wuss.

No! Dar, No! you have a spread started :blush:hook

I will be good, I will be good, I will probably be good...

I might be good :wlol

Merry Christmas everyone!:wreath:sheepxmas

I just back from having Christmas dinner with a friend's family. Lots of really good food & sinfully rich deserts. :devil

I am going to do the Greenbriar BS in ivory Bucilla Wondersheen. I found 11 skeins that I have been saving for a special project - hope 4,400 yards is enough. I found a bunch of dark green yarn and apricot/peach colored yarn for two of the colors of the Popcorn Striped BS. I can't decide what to put with them though. Any suggestions? :think

Darski - The Greenbriar BS is in filet crochet. Want to do that one with me? :hug You could do two bedspreads like me, and we'll go nuts together.:woo

Wendy - Seeing a koala in the tree outside the house sounds really cool. About all we see in our trees is birds and squirrels. Once in a while a cat that's gotten spooked by our dog.:cat:dog

Julie - I like the idea of you putting all the ones you like in a hat and just drawing one.

Love to all,

Linda T

Well I finally finished one square, but not in the color I want to do for our bedspread. I decided to do an afghan with the same pattern for my Mom. So it looks like once I get our yarn I will be working on both. I set up the pics on our webpage so I hope you can see them and enjoy. http://photos.simpsonstuff.net:88/view_album.php?set_albumName=album16 Unfortunately I do not have a lot of pictures of things that I have already made, so my crochet project section is kindof sparce. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I will hopefully be on more after family leaves.

Jewel I love your grandmas blanket and the square you are replicating. Is that a popcorn stitch?

Are you Dutch or German, I ask as you call your grandma Oma. We have an Oma and Opa as well and my family are dutch although I was born in Australia.

Archived