Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melissa

Your colors sound pretty ! Can't wait to see them together ~

Karin -if you're not happy with the colors, you may as well change them now before you get much farther along. If you're like me, you'll never finish it if you 're not happy with the colors .

Good luck !

Oh, Mel ! I hope you have luck in making this one-- that bedspread is absolutely stunning. I REALLY like it a lot !

Renee- show us a photo if you decide to go with that pattern. I'd love to see how it turns out .

Jewel - I have been eyeing that pattern for a REALLY long time. I pondered making it, but went with this other choice instead .Once I see one of your squares, I may change my mind. That is sure pretty . I'm glad it will remind you of your grandma . :manyheart

Wendy- yea, picking out the pattern and colors is half the fun ! It's always neat to be in one of these CAL's -- so many patterns and colors, it's neat to see how they all turn out .

Welcome Cranky ! We're glad you joined !

Karin- let us know how the lilac color goes -- it sounds really pretty !

Welcome to the Ville Jewel. That is so sweet that you were able to find the pattern that your Grandma made. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures as that is a nice square and is a bit tempting now that I see it.

So, have you decided on a colour?

I told my DH that I found the pattern and that I was going to make one for our bed, but we haven't decided on a color yet. I was thinking a deep red. My Grandma made it in an Aran. I need to talk to my DH again and see what color he wants to do also. We just moved into a new house and we haven't decided on what color we want to do our bedroom in. This is going to be a big project for me, since our bed is a Cal King. I actually can't wait to start it, but I need to finish up a few things first before Christmas.

I thought about Caron One Pound Claret....hmmm DH said that I could use any color I want. I saw that yarn the other day at Joann's and wanted to use it for something. Our sheets are a chocolate color though. Do you think that that would look okay together? It says that the squares are 12 inches when did with yarn, so it looks like I will need 8-9x8 so 64-72 squares. I will have to see how much overhang that I will need.

I personally love claret and chocolate together - think raspberries and dark chocolate oh yeah... have definitely died and gone to heaven

:lol Obviously you love red like I do. I was also thinking about doing a blue with the brown sheets, but I think that the red will make the popcorns pop better. I wonder how much yarn I will need for this project. Unfortunately it was originally done in thread and they tell you how big the squares will be if you use yarn and what size hook to use, but they don't tell you how much yarn you will need. They just tell you how much thread you will need. Hmmm, I also need to decide if I want to double strand it so that it will be thick and heavy. I guess I will have to do a sample square and see.

Oooh... Darski, Jewel.. i love deep red too... and chocolate of course.... Rasberry and Dark chocolate...hmm.. :c9 thats heaven.. :lol I only have 5 skiens of deep red..need to check in nearest shop and buy some more if i want to use this colour... :)

I have a bit of a claret coloured yarn left from my Adult BICO and I think I will try a square of this... just to see it of course.

I am so tempted to do this square but I so love my Square Elegance

decisions, decisions, decisions

:goodorbad :goodorbad :goodorbad

HiYa Wendy

The square is actually closer to 13- 14 inches . I did some changing on the leaves- rather than adding more, I found a pattern for a different one and only put one on rather than 2 . I may kinda stagger them around throughout the pattern like that . Not sure yet - anyhow ,here's an updated picture .

th_100_2942.jpg

I like this one. Staggering it would be nice too.

Pat A.

Hi Gang- this place was hopping overnight !

Jewel - I am trying to remember without leafing back through a lot of posts, but I think you are making the popcorn square ? It has some added directions on it-- apparently the person who posted it made the squares in yarn -- her print is in italics regarding yarn used and number of squares.

Hope that will help you some . The dark red sounds nice ~ Can't wait to see a square done in it .

Thanks Pat !

Tabby- hope you find another pattern you like that will work . Any 12 inch square could also be used if none of the bedspread patterns work out for you .

Archived