Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

Nope Carolynn It is never too late to join in on this even if it was late in the year everyone is welcome.

Allycat- we ask for you to send them BUT there are extreem cases we all have them where a month we are low on cash and just note that we donated locally. The blitz started last year with us helping each others charity so we could do some useful sewing and donate to those on the board who run a charity or work closely to one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I wanted to post that there are several members of this blitz who will be unable to access this post now that the 40 post, 60 day rule is in effect. Not sure when the rule went into effect, but it was in the past day or two anyway.

So... I was wondering if we need to do something about helping those who have already posted an interest, to keep them up to date while they are waiting to make it to the guidelines of 40/60.

I had a couple ideas, that the organizers can consider, or stomp on, or whatever you want to do. :)

We could pair up, those with enough posts/days, and those who do not have enough posts/days. It could be like a partner thing. This way, when your partner can get on, then you don't have to worry about it anymore. I'm just thinking that it might be tricky for whose ever charity it is that month to keep all the people up to date, but if we each just had one person or whatever, it might be easier to do. Itd be like a buddy system or something. I don't know how many people can't access this anymore, but just on this screen there is montymonty, carolynn, and allycat.

I guess my only other idea is for someone to keep a running list of those who want to participate, but who cannot get on here.

Oh! Another job of the buddies would be to send the contact information, and to perhaps post pictures of what the buddy made, or something like that. I really don't know what the solution is, but these are just a couple ideas.

Victoria

everyone can read here again so we won't need any partners, thank you to the adminstration we can keep everyone up to date. Though they can't post , they can still pm one of us with their progress and we can post for them...hope everyone keeps up the great work

Yahoo angelfire you are a best bud right now(and always hehe) So they can read and not post Thanks admins!!!

SO if you are a blitzer and need an address or post progress PM me or angelfire and we shall help you along

So far I only got a PM from Montymonty with this concern and I am sure she will be glad to know she can read the thread!!!

Hi samantha!!!

So Keep on blitzin!!!

I have my Jan stuff ready to mail and will be sending it next week!!!

Need the addy I have it drop me a PM and Ill buzz it out to you!!!

I am working on items to send for January. But I am also looking for patterns for the Feb charity.

Check out the patterns on this website.

http://www.warmheartswarmbabies.org/

Are the Burial Buntings on that website ok to do for the Feb. Charity? What about other patterns on that site?

Here are some links to little blankets that are good for the bureavment blankets. They don't have to be really warm, just soft and pretty.

http://bundlesoflove.org/RuthsBurialBlanket

http://peanutzmom1.tripod.com/blanket.html

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/12-inchUSA.html

I made this one and just put maybe an extra row around it. really works up pretty! http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/butterfly_garden.html

This would be really good in a soft baby yarn http://www.heartmadeblessings.org/patterns/caringhearts.asp

I have a great pattern for a square that has a bear in the center of it done filet style, but really easy. Can not find the link to save my life, so if anyone is interested, I will type it up, giving the original designer credit and send it to anyone that wants it. It makes the most wonderful little rememberance blanket.

After much searching, I FOUND IT!!!!! http://crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2005/09/teddy-bear-square-copyright-to-judith.html

I will admit, I didn't follow the pattern so much once I got started. I just looked at the picture to follow the stitch pattern. Found it much quicker. Hope you like it.

Woohoo! The newbies can post here now, but will not be able to start a new thread until they reach the 40/60 mark. I know the leaders have been working hard to make sure everyone is protected from those wanting to do us harm. I am glad though, that they reached this conclusion. So... Welcome back!

Victoria

Hello, I have what may be a dumb question. What exactly is a bereavement blanket? And what size should it be? I was wondering if it is the blanket that the baby is wrapped in, or a blanket that the parent is given to remember the baby by.

Thank you!

One of my New Years Resolutions was to crochet for charity...and I'd like to join the Blitz here :)

I will have some limitations due to distance (and a bit pressed for time for February charity as I am late getting started) so I don't know how much I will be able to do but I will do something for each month at least.

I will continue with the wee baby hats today (six so far) for January and try some other things over the weekend and then get started on the February projects.

-- Michelle

angel...glad to have you in the group. Being you are out of the country...feel free to work on a couple months in advance so the shipping doesn't hurt so much. We as a group are glad to have you here to help support our causes and those charities that can use help from everyone

Ok I am finally finding my way around crochetville... i was forever just clicking on posts under "new posts" at the top of the page which brought up every subject that was being talked about.

I feel like a big moron taking so long to figure things out! I thought couldn't write on this forum and honestly didnt know about this section until the new quidlines were posted a few days ago! I don't know how I didn't know about it since I think I replied to someone from this section LOL....

but here I am ready to work.... I do a lot of charity work already but can help out here too. So what are we all working on right now?

I figure people in need are people in need - and extra items can always help. It doesn't matter to me if the items go to needy people locally (which I will work on myself) or overseas for this project as long as they go somewhere they're needed.

It's great to do something like this with the group here, too :)

-- Michelle

:manyheartBig News

:manyheart

:hugfor March:hug

I heard from Freedom Village and they would rather have

:wbrr hats and scarf sets :wbrr

that they can keep until Christmas.

The addresses stay the same so please send your items directly to

Freedom Village

General Mailing Info

U.S. Office:

Freedom Village USA

P.O. Box 24

Lakemont, NY 14857 1 - 800 - VICTORY

Canadian Office:

Freedom Village Canada

P.O. Box 1178

Burlington, ON L7R 4L8

1 - 877 - 726 - 5558

Nothing will be wasted if you send them to the Village. They also have orphanages in the Ukraine where they need everything warm for the kids.

Please include a note saying who you are and why you are donating. Crochetville is becoming a name these days, let's keep that name held high in service. :manyheart:hook:yay

Archived