Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to thank angelfire for sending in 4 more prayer shawls and 12 skeins of Homespun for my church's prayer shawl ministry, the beneficiary of the July blitz.

The shawls are beautiful, and will be sent to homes where they will be well-loved.

Thanks to everyone who donated shawls. We recently had a blessing ceremony with all the shawls displayed during our worship services, and many of the shawls have gone to new owners.

I received scarves from Heather and stuffies from Melanie...Thanks so much you should see the amount of boxes I have to take down there... I'm going to photo next Friday when I deliver so you can see....

..You all are the greatest!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

.. As promised, we began putting stockings and gift bags together at the Rescue Mission this past weekend. We had snapped a couple of pictures and submitted this one for the newspaper. We're not sure what day it will run. I think the Durham Herald has articles online though. I made sure the reporter knew that the animals , scarves etc were donated by members of Crochetville. Good work ladies, we provided gifts for 86 women and children . The razors, deodorant, toothbrushes were put into gift bags for the men at the main shelter we provided 26 hygiene kits for the men's home. There were 23 dishcloths donated to the main shelter and Damascus House which is the step up house for men who have been sober 6 plus months and work full time waiting to get out on their own. Two afghans were donated which are to go to the step up house for women with addictions... Great job ladies!!!

Nov28001.jpg

:clap2007 Blitz Total 1989:clap

:hug:hug I'd post 1989 hugs but I dont think the forum would allow that. :lol Great job to everyone who contributed in 2007. I think that a lot of lives were touched by our efforts. Let's see if we can top that in 2008 :cheer So you better rest up those hooks and get ready for January.:hook

Happy Holidays Everyone

Archived