Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

great job everyone!!! I am sorry I have been among the missing. I did not get anything done for June I am trying to figure out aug. and pledge at least 1 prayer shawl for July. Remember that July is prayer shawls foe Amy here on the board and when we started the blitz its intent was to help charities of those here at the ville. While substitutes are ok at times for good reasons plese try to stick to the sched. ALso the question recently has been can anyone join at anytime? Yes that has always been the rule here you can come and go as you like but letting me know is good. I appreciate the help of the tally lady(cant remember your name at the moment) Now that life seems to be calming down I can focus again to the blitz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great job everyone!!! I am sorry I have been among the missing. I did not get anything done for June I am trying to figure out aug. and pledge at least 1 prayer shawl for July. Remember that July is prayer shawls foe Amy here on the board and when we started the blitz its intent was to help charities of those here at the ville. While substitutes are ok at times for good reasons plese try to stick to the sched. ALso the question recently has been can anyone join at anytime? Yes that has always been the rule here you can come and go as you like but letting me know is good. I appreciate the help of the tally lady(cant remember your name at the moment) Now that life seems to be calming down I can focus again to the blitz

Personally, I think substitution is an important option. I made a bunch of bereavement blankets for February blitz, and frankly, crafting for the dead freaks me out, I won't do it again.:no

Plus with the increase in postage costs, Blitzers may want to substitute locally when appropriate. I beleive that the idea is to "focus" on a given charity or type of charity and that we as a group can come together and do something tremendous. Too many rules will stifle the creativity and productivity of the group.

Sincerely,

The Tally Lady

Thanks clueless I really appreciate you and your help with the blitz. My life has been in the way lately and I just dont have enough time to focus here. Things have straigtened out and I should be more equipt to once again be a good list mom.

I am not saying that substitution is outlawed I just dont want everyone to start sending wherever they want as again I mentioned that the whole reason for blitzing was intened to help charities of the members of the board Like Amy for instance. While I agree not everyone will want to make a prayer shawl for religion reasons and thats ok but whats the reason to have a said charity if everyone does their own thing.

All I am asking ladies is if you are substituting let us know.

There really isnt a ton of rules just be charitable!!!!

Still waiting to hear if there is a crochetville sponsor for August, but here is the info I have gotten so far. (Thanks to a lead/link found by Angelfire).

Here is the Email I sent to Hope Crisis center.

Hi,

I'm with an internet crochet forum that selects different organizations to send hand made crochet items to each month. Your organization was selected for our crafters to make items for the month of August. We have a couple of questions to better help us in making items.

What kind of crochet items would you like? Blankets? Hats? Booties? Toys? other?. Are most of the babies full term or do you need preemie items also? Are there items that are needed for the mothers?

Are there any other non-crochet items we could send.

Are you affiliated with other locations in the country? We have members nation-wide and if you have more than one location, I am sure most people would like to send items to the closest place possible?

What are your mailing address(es) and who should (ATTN) should we address the boxes to?

Here's a link to the crochet forum "BLITZ" thread.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39268

We have many eager fingers eager to help.

Thanks

Here is her response

Carol,

We would love to get booties, hats or blankets! Most of the babies are full term, but not all, we do not have a satelite center, but there is one in Page that is just beginning and I'm sure she would love to get items also. Her name is Beth and her e-mail is babybelliesaz@hotmail.com. Thank you for thinking of our moms and their babies.

Rosanna Tarr Director

Hope cpc

P. O. Box 31317

Flagstaff, AZ 86003-1317

I will email Beth and get her info also.

So, while you are making those prayer shawls, start stash improvement in baby friendly yarn.

Great Stuff Heather! I'm dying to make a round ripple (its on the very long list). I love that yarn, I like the way it changes color slowly. What is it?

Thanks,

It's the technique from the Van Gogh CAL using 2 strands and changing colors gradually. It's better explained on the CAL :lol

Shari I got my June items in the mail priority to you today. You should get them Thursday I dropped them at the main post office. :)

Shari I got my June items in the mail priority to you today. You should get them Thursday I dropped them at the main post office. :)

Sounds great!! Can't wait to get them.

Clueless,

Wanted to let you know, I received your package yesterday. Oh my, there will be sooo many fortunate babies. The duck made sure everything arrived safely:lol

Hi All- I hope ya'll dont mind if I bend the "RULES", but in the past months the specified charity has not always been specified, AND we have people that have other obligations and cannot finish a Year long obligation.

So here is what I propose..I think that ALL crochetville members should be invited to join the Blitz at the beginning of each month. Blitz membership should be on a monthly (weekly/daily) basis.

Also, If the monthly charity is not in-line with your personal concerns - then all substitutions are completely acceptable.

I will try to track everything as best I can. The most important numbers are how much we can do overall.

If anyone has a problem with this...PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I'm just stepping forward because I see a large falling off in support of this effort

Are you planning on inviting people to join in every month? I wasn't a member when this started in January but I'd like to contribute. Do you have to do every month? I don't usually make things like stuffies. I have some prayer shawls that I wanted to give for July. Please let me know what is allowed. Thanks.:)

Are you planning on inviting people to join in every month? I wasn't a member when this started in January but I'd like to contribute. Do you have to do every month? I don't usually make things like stuffies. I have some prayer shawls that I wanted to give for July. Please let me know what is allowed. Thanks.:)

:welcome I've added you to the list. Do what you can, when you can! All contributions great and small are welcome. When you have something ready to ship, let me know and I'll give you Amy's addy for the prayer shawls (July).

If you contribute 5000 items or more, I will personally crochet you a 6" granny square. 10000 items, you get a 12" square. Wow:hook

What's a stuffie?:think

What's a stuffie?:think

October lists making stuffies. I guess they're stuffed things:lol . Also, I already have Amy's address. There's a link to it in the original listing of charities for the year. Thanks. I'll let you know how many I send.:)

October lists making stuffies. I guess they're stuffed things:lol . Also, I already have Amy's address. There's a link to it in the original listing of charities for the year. Thanks. I'll let you know how many I send.:)

Yep, it sure does say stuffies, but not what kind of stuffies. :think Samaritan house is a homeless shelter of sorts, I think. We'll find out what kind of thingies need to be made long about September so we can start buying the right kind of stuff to make stuffies.

I've also PM'ed Amy's addy to you. I don't know if sending directly to the church will get the items to the right hands.

..Just to clear up Oct ( but we need to focus on July, Aug, Sept first).. small stuffed animals... we volunteer at the Durham Rescue Mission and they bought an old motel and converted it to a shelter for homeless moms . They teach the mom life skills and find employment for them. As of right now there are almost 200 children at the shelter and I thought it would be great to contribute to their Christmas stockings...

I am so scattered lately that I am lucky to find my way out of bed in the morning.

I have items for the June stuff, could someone PM me with the addy and I will get things out next week?

I have stuff for July and for the auction so I am waiting for an addy for Amy on that one.

My baby stuff is not washed. I live in an apt so laundry is a challenge and I haven't seen baby laundry soap in ages. It must be there but I haven't seen it.

I will try to get my :cat in gear and be more focussed after this . :sigh

..Just to clear up Oct ( but we need to focus on July, Aug, Sept first).. small stuffed animals... we volunteer at the Durham Rescue Mission and they bought an old motel and converted it to a shelter for homeless moms . They teach the mom life skills and find employment for them. As of right now there are almost 200 children at the shelter and I thought it would be great to contribute to their Christmas stockings...

Thanks, it will take me a while to find patterns I can make.

I have received goodies the last 2 days.

I received a package from Angelfire yesterday. Today I received a package from Tracy & Heather Seger. Everything is just wonderful!! Thank you so much.

I think if we try hard the blitzers can get the job done of 200 stuffies.

KristenMN here in the board has a ton of free patterns listed here at the ville that are simple and fast. So do a search and see all the wonderful argumi patterns that are out there

Still waiting to hear if there is a crochetville sponsor for August, but here is the info I have gotten so far.

I am the one who asked that the Hope Center for Women be listed for August. The one I support is in Nashville,TN I have not heard back from them as to specifics but I donate baby blankets to them. I'm sure they would love anything for a new baby.

I'll try to post there specific wish list the first of the week.

Barbara

Mellowe67,

wanted to let you know, I received your package yesterday. Thank you so much. Everyone is being such a great help.

Archived