Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

I'm guessing it's not too late to join the blitz?? I'm already up to 4 hats and am working on a blanket and a bear for January...

JimmieLu: thanks so much for coordinating this -> you're an inspiration :cheer

TraceyLeigh: does it matter if some articles are cotton and some are synthetic? I've got a mix, and will be sure to wash them all before I send them (especially the cotton ones so they'll soften).

===========

Tracie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I've got my Jan. stuff ready to ship. JimmieLu did you want us to post in here how many of what we are sending in for a count or just pm you with the total? My count is in my signature.

JimmiLu

Please put my name down for this wonderful thoughtful CAL

I have a stash of items I can send please send me the addy whyle Tracy is away

Thank you and blessings for a wonderful New Year :cheer

This pattern is for a childs IV cover... there are a lot of great charity patterns on this site... It is the one I use the most :)

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/iv-wrist-cover.html

~Pips

Thanks Pips :) I can start making some of those today :cheer:hook

PS--I like your name PipsSqueak<-- thats what my BIG brother called me when I was little :devil

I made a bereavement blanket for feb. I finished my Jan. items already. Here it is. It's just a shell stitch with a triple picot border. It is tiny at 15". I will make the rest bigger. It really was such a humble experience making this. My best friend and her husband lost a baby last April. I may make a memory blanket for her.

CharityPreemieBlankie.jpg

closeup.jpg

Here's the link for the shell stitch pattern, just scroll down to "Shell Stitch" You have to start with a longer chain. http://www.warmupamerica.org/patterns.html

Ok, I have never done this before so I need some help.

...I will need an addy to send my items because i can't find anything at Sick Kids site to tell me.

...I thought that January meant that we had the month of January to make stuff. if this is not the case, could someone tell me the rules for this.

Darski yes you have the whole month to do items and we ask you to send by the last day of the month. I had stated to try to do at least 10 items(prayershawls are an exception unless you are fast lol) you pick one day a month (mine is Sunday) and all you crochet that day is charity blitz stuff(we dont check and send the ville police after you) when you send the items drop me a PM as I am trying to keep a count of what we all blitz this year!

I will PM you the address fior Jan

I think the date Traceyleigh wanted items for Jan if possible was Jan 25th. I too just got done with them faster being in between projects and I know it will take me all of Jan and most of Feb for Febs items. lol

Archived