Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my January blitz items are finished - 20 hats, four pair booties and one blanket / shawl.

The blanket was actually started earlier and intended for friends of mine (expecting a baby in March) but the pattern was so tedious with the small hook and 4ply yarn that I thought I would just finish the round I was up to, add the edging and call it preemie-sized :)

jan-preemieshawl2.jpg

(Approximately 26 inches / 66 centimetres in diameter).

If I can, I will try to have them sent off tomorrow but if not, then Monday. It takes about 10-12 days airmail so I hope they arrive with time to spare.

-- Michelle

I am going to the PO today to mail off 2 baby 'ghans to Tracy. It's a Holiday on Monday so no mail delivery. The original baby 'ghan I posted a pic of is not included...I had interest in it from a co-worker so I have sent a replacement 'ghan.

Thanks for providing us with this Charity Tracy! It was a pleasure to create for! :manyheart

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments, I am really very pleased with how the blanket turned out - I wish I had the patience to make it larger!

I have also enjoyed this opportunity to crochet for the January Charity, time for me to get started on the February items...

-- Michelle

I finished all my items for the January Blitz......all I have to do is get them washed, counted, packed and in the mail. Since Monday is a "holiday", there won't be any mail service, so I will get them out to the Post Office, the first thing on Tuesday. I'll let you know when they are on the way.

Here is a picture of the items I made and sending out for the January Blitz.

There is a total of 31 items. I will be mailing these out first thing on Tuesday....because our post office will be closed on Monday.

16 preemie hats

3 blankets

1 diaper shirt

6 pairs of preemie booties

1 full set with a preemie blanket, gown, hat, booties and toy (5 items)

____

31 total items

(Preemie%20Donations%20018.jpgImage should be clickable)

Thank you Angelfire, I hope these items will work out.....I always worry about stuff like that. Now I will busy myself for the February Blitz. I'm ready!

Wow, great items are on their way for the January blitz! :)

Melissa & Daisy - you've both made beautiful things to send off. It's lovely to see such an effort being put in for a good cause.

Tracy, I wasn't able to get to the post office today but I will stop off on my way to work tomorrow, if there is a quicker option than the standard airmail that is not too expensive, I will choose that.

-- Michelle

So far for February I have 6 blankets completed. I'm wanting to get at least 4 more done. They are real hard to work on, and I want them to be just perfect.

I have seen a couple people that had even bagged up their items for the January stuff.... should we be making sure to indiviually bag everything? I've done limited crochet for charity, mainly just granny squares to be honest, so I want to make sure I am shipping things properly. Please just let me know, and I can easily package the items however is needed.

I've really enjoyed doing this with you all so far. It really has helped putting things in perspective and getting my mind off myself. Can't wait to get to know everyone more and more as the year goes on!

I have read a lot of instructions for giving baby/preemie items for charity. They usually want everything washed with a mild baby detergent and dried without fabric softeners (liquid or sheet). This is because of the very tender nature of a preemie or newborn's tender skin....plus possible allergies or skin irritations that can occur. They also like items to be separately bagged to keep them clean while sorting through sizes.

I hope this helps.

Daisy

Archived