Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

Ladies its good to plan ahead but remember we are still in Jan and we have all of Feb to make those blankies. So plan if you might but remember we are sopose to bliz a day a week for that months charity.

Darski Mittens are opt.? I have hats and scarfs ready waiting for a charity and will send them along but if mittens are also needed I will plan those also.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have, yet again, crocheted so much tonight that I have hives on my forearms. I will never be able to figure out what in the world is going on. My mom and g'ma have had the same problem....

but it's worth the suffering to get to finish another blitz blanket!

Ladies its good to plan ahead but remember we are still in Jan and we have all of Feb to make those blankies. So plan if you might but remember we are sopose to bliz a day a week for that months charity.

You are so right. I am working on Feb. right now. I just like to gear my self up, picking out yarn and patterns to make sure I have what I need. As for Feb. yarn, I hit the jackpot at Michaels this week. They had Bernat baby boucle on sale for a $1, but Houston doesn't really carry it, so some of the stores substituted Bernat Baby Coordinates instead. I bought 16 skeins. So I will be set for all of the Baby Charities this year. Plus, another Hospital here in Houston, has actually placed a request to our Project Linus group for Bearevment blankets and hats, so I will squeeze in some of them along the way.

Thanks for trying to keep us on track.

I'd really like to join in, I'm just not sure how much time I'll have to work on things. I have arthritis or tendonitis, not sure which, in my wrist (sounds bad for a 20 yr. old doesn't it), so it takes me a little while to get things done. I'll try to make something for Feb., but I have an extra scarf from a Christmas project tucked away somewhere that I can break out I'm sure, and I can definitely whip out a hat for March on my Knifty Knitter. Could I go ahead and have the address for February's project please Jimmie Lu? Or would you rather I PM you? thanks!

I agree Jimmie LU, I keep getting the Jan. and Feb. charities mixed up. I am working on both of those at the same time. Working on the Feb. ones mostly to make sure I can do them. I have lots more to send the Jan. Charity now. Guess I should send them out this week?

I am thinking about the March charity though. I am looking forward to using some of my fun fur stash:hook

Tracy is taking the items in the middle of February so anyone that still wants to send January items can continue sending to her. I think the outpouring of support has been great.:manyheart

Though I have already sent my items..I haven't started on February items. I am doing a charity project this week for another cause and will start my February blitz items in Feb.I will donate two extra days in February to make up for my current commitment.:hook

I hope that everyone does as many as they are comfortable doing...even if you can only do one , you are helping the cause of the month and part of a great group of individuals here. There isn't a minimum amount set so have fun and let's all crochet.:cheer

hey tracy those are really pretty! you do great work.

I see you use photobucket, when you click the images there and select "generate html/img code" on the next page, if you copy the "for clickable thumbnails message boards- recommended" then the thumbnails will work here on the ville, the code under that title is the IMG code. Just a tip. :hook

Just finished my 2nd bereavement blanket for Feb and wanted to post pictures. You probably can't tell from the picture but the blue one is very textured (bubbles?). Blue one is 13" square and the pink one is 18" square. They still need to be blocked to straighten the edges but I'll do them all when I'm done for the month.

blueblanket.jpg

This really is blue, it almost looks white in the photo.

pinkblanket-1.jpg

I think I'll make a blue one like this too.

Thanks for looking.

Melanie in PA

melanie I think both of those are very pretty. The pink one is my fav and I think it will look really great in blue as well. Great :hook work! :hug

Tracyleigh, your blankets for the animal shelter are fabulously wonderful....and peek-a-boo kitty is adorable under there! :D

this is a pic of the blankets that I have made to donate to the local animal shelter....(my oldest cat, Sassy, is testing them for me) :lol

th_petblankets-Sassytested.jpg

Oh love that cat! I couldn't love cats more if I were one. I'm cleaning house today and mine are going wonky! but I gotta love'em!

Tracy is taking the items in the middle of February so anyone that still wants to send January items can continue sending to her.

YEAH!!!!!:clap I thought they had to be in by the 25th of Jan. so I was just going to work on Feb and so one. But now I an blitz away for Jan. :manyheart

Archived