Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm going to get lots of crocheting done today. I am at work but the system that I work on isn't working. Ah well.....

Awwwwwww. Can't work? That's a shame ;) . I guess crocheting will have to get done today.

( I wish I could do that :D .)

Good morning everyone:

I just wanted to thank everyone who has joined this very worthwhile thread and to those of you who have just joined or haven't joined yet because of the time constraints/deadlines....please do join. It is only the beginning of January. We have 3 more weeks of crocheting before this month is done. It really is amazing how much one can accomplish in 3 weeks. Just last night I made a bereavement blanket. It took 3 hours. That's it!

Anyways, don't stress re shipping time, etc. Just do what you can and send it to me by the end of the month.

:ty again

Oh by the way, I have updated my photopage again....there are a few more pics under Afghans that I completed.

I will try to get a few more things in to you by the end of the month.

What talented people we have here! I love seeing what everyone has made.

I have started working on some booties (this pattern) - I ended up with slightly different sizes even though I've used the same yarn, hook & pattern for the pair! Am I the only one? :)

jan-booties1.jpg

I'll try and get another 3 pairs done before I put the package together. The hats have been washed and are drying outside.

-- Michelle

I have started working on some booties (this pattern) - I ended up with slightly different sizes even though I've used the same yarn, hook & pattern for the pair! Am I the only one? :)

-- Michelle

I have that problem happen all the time. I am sure it is because I seem to crochet a little more snug than some. (my stuff usually comes out a little smaller). Your booties are really cute!

o.k....I was thinking af joining in if its not to late. But I wanted to get this straight. If I joined now I should start working on the febuary things so that I can send them out about the middle of feb. Right? And that would be the blankets? Thanks in advance for straightening this somewhat confused woman out. :) I really want to start crocheting for charity even though it may not be much I think if would feel good.

o.k....I was thinking af joining in if its not to late. But I wanted to get this straight. If I joined now I should start working on the febuary things so that I can send them out about the middle of feb. Right? And that would be the blankets? Thanks in advance for straightening this somewhat confused woman out. :) I really want to start crocheting for charity even though it may not be much I think if would feel good.

You are quite :welcome to join...at anytime. It doesn't matter how many you send...just that you are joining in a great group of individuals that are doing items fro great causes.

:ty for joining us :ghug .

You may start February's items now as Tracy requested to receive her items by January 25th we have sent them out early (they are going to Canada and it takes longer) but usually you have until the last day of the month to get your items sent out...so feel free to do as many as you want and send them at the end of each month unless requested otherwise.

O.K. I'm joining. I'm just hoping that my printer will work so that I can print out some patterns to make for the bereavment blankets. I am hoping to make atleast two of them but we will see.

:eek :eek Whew! I'm glad that seeing cute booties doesnt have that effect on me.:devil

Well they're having a terrible effect on me, that's for sure! I don't think I was clucky before I started with these baby items...:think

One more pair to make and then the booties are all done.

-- Michelle

If it is not to late to join I would love to help!!

Add me to the list and i will start working on things for Feb...

I do have a few things i can send for Jan if I can have the addy to send them too

Karen

You know why they call them booties right?

When you see them you go "boooo hooo ties I want another baby"

Lol

i'm at a point where i see baby things and want the people around me to have babies, :lol

If it is not to late to join I would love to help!!

Add me to the list and i will start working on things for Feb...

I do have a few things i can send for Jan if I can have the addy to send them too

Karen

:welcomethanks for joining us :ghug . Anyone can join at any time. This is going to be a great group this year.

Archived