Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it adorable. Right now he is sitting on my wall unit to keep him safe from my kitten. Once I am ready to package everything up for delivery I will make sure he makes it into a box.

I'm not in charge anna, but I'm thinking that it's never too late to join the blitz. I have a feeling as life happens this year we will gain, lose and re-gain people periodically.

Um, I have made a hooded scarf from Dot's site for my will be-4 year old, and am now working Hascarf for my Just turned 6 today princess. was wondering if these would be something ok to make for The Freedom Village in March. There are some really really pretty patterns on Dot's site. But here are a few that I have my eye on, starting with the 2 used for my girls.

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/123.html

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/196.html

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/178.html

honestly there are a ton on there, but are these the type we should make, or should we keep it more simple... I feel like I should make them as I would make them for my own family, really give them something beautiful. There is even a ribbed ski hat that I think guys would like a lot too, especially done in various camo's, I really like the blue camo.

I don't doubt that everyone feels the items should be great, what I'm trying to say is I'm torn with the amount of time I have, do I make MORE very simple, definitely made for functional purposes items, or do I make LESS very beautiful, yet still warm and functional items....:think

anyone with words of wisdom to help make up my mind, would be appreciated.

I've tried to make the bereavement blankets as soft, sweet, and beautiful as I can, because of what they will be used for. Anything for children, I will try to make fun and cheery, for march's charity, I'm going for stuff I would wear, (even though I'm 26) at first I was going to make patterns for children, but they are in their teens up to 21 (?) trying to produce the best quality I can, I believe quality over quantity, however, I am also tyring to get as much done as possible too. :U

I've finished 8 IV covers, preemie sweater and cap, also a baby afghan. I made one of the granny bears, it is so cute. Just need an address now, so I can mail tomorrow. We have been iced in most of this week here in Oklahoma. We still have power, unlike some here. Snow of 5 to 10 inches expected this Saturday. This is good weather for crocheting.

Jimmie, could you add my name to the list (Just checked and Iam not listed)

Hugs from Donna in Oklahoma

Ok, I am finally getting out my January charity items. I ended up making 12 hats and 1 bear

Traceyleigh, these will go out today.

I have one bearevment blanket done so far.:cheer

I am really enjoying working on this Blitz. Thank you so much for heading this up.

100_2217.jpg

I can't wait for these packages to arrive.

I do have one notice that there is a package at the post office for me. I figured I would wait to see what arrives in the mail box after work today. That way I only have to make one trip into town to the post office for pick up.

I will post pics and details on Monday.

I know this is CROCHETville, :hook but for the Blitz does everything have to be crocheted? I have some small quilts I have made, and they are just right for little ones or brevement blankets. :think

I know this is CROCHETville, :hook but for the Blitz does everything have to be crocheted? I have some small quilts I have made, and they are just right for little ones or brevement blankets. :think

no they do not have to be crocheted...as long as they are charity they are part of the Charity blitz items. I quilt too and know that the hospitals and family appreciate both.

Hi everyone,

I finished my first blanket for the February Blitz and wanted to show it to you. I still need to block it, it measures 18" across. I have started a different pattern in blue now. Working on this project was very humbling, I kept thinking of the family who may use it. But it feels good to crochet for charity. I am so glad I joined this board.

pinkblanket-1.jpg

:roseThanks for looking,

Melanie in PA

while my children kept me up the other night, i was able to get this 21" blanket done for February. I had to do the border during the day, because well I can really only do granny's in the dark :lol This is #7/10 for me. Pics of the others can be found on my blog, the link is in my siggy.

th_bereavement7.jpg

I have #8 about half done, after I work on a few other things today, I'm hoping to be able to finish the 8th one as well, but we'll see how the day unfolds. Have a good day all! :hook

while my children kept me up the other night, i was able to get this 21" blanket done for February. I had to do the border during the day, because well I can really only do granny's in the dark :lol This is #7/10 for me. Pics of the others can be found on my blog, the link is in my siggy.

very nice Ada. I'm impressed that you have so much done. I think I spend too much time at the computer and not enough with the hooks.

Hi all,

I just thought it might be helpful if I could ask that people make sets of a Hat, Scarf and Mittens if possible. If you can't do the mittens, a couple of sets of hat and scarf would be very welcome. I would also be thrilled if you could do more but I won't ask that.

Many of these kids have come from life on the streets and there is no one who will be sending them anything for Christmas morning. I have heard the kids talk about this and it really does warm their hearts when someone gives so generously for no apparent reason... just because they are God's children and they should be warm in winter :wbrr

when you send your stuff, if you could just send a note saying that this is for Christmas presents and that it is from Crochetville that would be helpful for them and for me.

I am asking that you mail directly there because I could not possibly pay the postage for this and why pay postage twice... right? there is a Canadian and a US address. sorry to our international helpers. :wlol

Darski- I like the idea of doing the sets, that's what I was gonna be doing anyway, because I like have matching hat/scarf myself :yes I don't know if I can do mittens, I'm gonna look around over at Bev's site and CPC to see if there is a pattern I think I can do and actually have turn out correctly. I tend to be incompetent when it comes to mittens, but I'm working on it. I'm sure I'll be able to complete 5 hat/scarf sets, but I'm shooting for 10.

:manyheartBig News

:manyheart

:hugfor March:hug

I heard from Freedom Village and they would rather have

:wbrr hats and scarf sets :wbrr

that they can keep until Christmas.

Darski,

Trying to plan ahead a little. I wasn't quite sure, from looking at the website. What ages are we shooting for? I want to get sizing right, especially if I am making mittens.

These are teenagers from the ages of 14 and up to about 20-21. They are male and female. I would guess ...make adult sizes generally. That is what I am doing. It is so much fun to make girly thingys but please remember the guys too. :wlol

Thank you Ada, I see your note and thank you so much.

Archived