Charity blitz 2007 See totals Post #2

Jimmie Lu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey everyone..... i was wondering from those with experience crocehting for premies..... did u ever cry when u first started doing it??? As i look at these tiny little hats, I pray and then cry for the moms, cry for the dads, cry for the babies..... I didn't think it'd be so hard. Maybe I'm over emotional..... but am I alone??? And does the crying ever stop??

I,too, found myself overwhelmed with emotion as I was making those tiny hats. My nephew was born 2 weeks ago today. He was 4 lbs 8 oz. Just a tiny little thing. He was put back into the hospital on Saturday as he kept turning blue and scaring the heck out of my SIL. Please keep Jack in your prayers as you are crocheting today.

Hey cranky.... tracyleigh (who is coordinating Jan) said the place she is sending is....

in need of baby afghans (36" x 36"), preemie hats. I was also thinking of teddy bears, and I really like the link that was posted earlier with the granny square teddy bears.

and here is the link to the granny square teddy http://www.angelfire.com/va/thevelvetpumpkin/Bear.html

hope that helps!

I just received an email from my mom who told me that there is a very good possibility that my new nephew will not be out of the hospital for Christmas. Please keep him in your prayers over this Holiday season. My brother and SIL are exhausted. They not only have the new baby in the hospital, but they have an almost 2 year old boy as well as a 12 year old girl at home. Both of the other children are apparently not well (colds) and the MIL also lives with them and is not well either. Lots of prayers needed please.

heart that bear is adorable where can we find the pattern?

tracyleigh-Prayers for your nephew and family

When I made my first burial gown for premies I cried. I alwayd say a prayer while I am crocheting for premies(and elderly,sick,recovering,well every charity item I make) and sometimes I get overwhelmed with the smallness of the premies. But I just crochet on!!!

heart that bear is adorable where can we find the pattern?

tracyleigh-Prayers for your nephew and family

When I made my first burial gown for premies I cried. I alwayd say a prayer while I am crocheting for premies(and elderly,sick,recovering,well every charity item I make) and sometimes I get overwhelmed with the smallness of the premies. But I just crochet on!!!

Praise the Lord! Here you go..

http://www.angelfire.com/va/thevelvetpumpkin/Bear.html

I did a backwards sc, (shrimp stitch?) around to give it sturdyness. b/c I only did 1 side, instead of making 2 and sewing them both together as the pattern says. It does make them hold good shape. Plus I can get more done that way.;)

...however, I will probably make the rest double thickness like it calls for in the pattern b/c of the thickness.

I managed to make one of those teddy bears last night while I was watching my other nephew so my brother could go to the hospital. I just sc'd around the whole thing and it turned out really cute!! So cute, in fact, that I gave it to my brother when he got home so the next time he goes to the hospital he can give it to Jack from his Aunty Tracy.

Thank you all for your prayers...we are not sure right now if he will be home for Christmas.

ok, so goaliemom is gathering the February stuff, and I PM'd her to see about the size, and she said she is doing hers 24x24 but any size will do. I found this website when i was thinking of what colors I should use http://www.bridgingpeople.org/default/Patterns-Blankets.htm there is great info there about sizing, hope this helps

I have to dig up the angel wrap pattern I have its quick and easy I did find it on the net free. It is absolutly beautiful I do mine in white and then add blue/pink wings.Ill post asap

That sounds really pretty! Can't wait to see them.

The Angel Wrap is very special and beautiful, it makes you realize just how meaningful these really are and who they are for. They humble me. I am moved with compassion for these parents and am blessed to be able to help in some small way.

I was looking around on the internet today and found a patter for a demise blanket and now I can not locate. These were very simple to make and I thought would be good for the bereavement blankets. Does anyone else remember seeing anything like this. It was basically I granny sqare and folded with ribbon wound through

Thanks

Archived