Snowflake Afghan CAL

I do a big batch of snowflakes, then do all the borders. Have only sewn a few together. It seems to go faster for me if I do the factory line method of just keep going on the same step, like I build up my speed in the repetition. I will mention that when I first started making them I had trouble with my first arch of the 6 that make the snowflake looking lopsided. It was because I was not going thru BOTH of the stitches here: When you join the ring and do a slip stitch, that sl st goes thru a back stitch and the one on the hook. The you chain 5 and dbl cr. That dbl cr need to go thru the st at the bottom of the chain 5 and the back joining ring st - both the stitches that were involved in the joining slip stitch. Then I'm putting right sides together and whip stitching shut. Someone else said they were afraid they would get holes in the corners. In this case there are only 3 corners, but in any afghan when you add the last corner in, if there's a hole, just go around the other corners and draw it in as you sew the last one in place.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am making progress on my :flake Afghan. I have one strip completed and working on the second strip now. I did all the :flake :flake for that row. I have the border done on two of the :flake ... And almost done with the border on the 3rd one. This afghan seems to come along pretty good. Not a hard patter at all.:yay

Here is a picture of my progress

100_0467.jpg

That looks great! I kind of let mine slide this week as I worked on some other things, like scarves and mittens. So many projects I want to do for Christmas, so little time left! :)

That looks great! I kind of let mine slide this week as I worked on some other things, like scarves and mittens. So many projects I want to do for Christmas, so little time left! :)

I understand that. LOL! I worked on my daughters Skater hat, and some mittens... So that slowed me up some. I still need to make 2 more Skater hats for my boys. There are pictures of Kyra's hat on my here.There is also another picture of all of my snowflakes for this afghan so far.

Your snowflake afghan looks great. I made this a while ago and I will tell you this. It is the warmest afghan I have. It is a really neat one to put together.

Can't wait to see it done.:hook

well, I love seeing these white snowflakes on solid color, but I think the snowflake pattern itself has intrigued me enough that I'm inspried to try it with scrap colors surrounding the white .... since it'd be for me, it's be fun!

emwilds, your blanket looks great. I think the neatest part is that the snowflakes just look suspended on a solid background. With the dark color, you can't see the seams to see the actual hexagon. Very pretty.

I just started my last row. I tried to stop at different points and not make the full size, but it just didn't seem big enough with the jagged edges. So I ended up making it the full size.

I only have one week to finish in order to get it to my dad on time. Wish me luck!

I'm done! I love this pattern!

th_100_FUJI-DSCF1073_DSCF1073.jpg

I used the Wool-Ease white multi so the flakes sparkle. Really looks nice. The blue is Pound of Love denim. It's a gift for my dad. Sure hope he likes it. I've never done a blanket just for him.

That's really pretty! I'm sure your Dad will like it. I've about got my first row done. I've been sidetracked with some other projects this week so haven't gotten much more done.

I'm done! I love this pattern!

I used the Wool-Ease white multi so the flakes sparkle. Really looks nice. The blue is Pound of Love denim. It's a gift for my dad. Sure hope he likes it. I've never done a blanket just for him.

It turned out beautiful. I am sure your dad will love it.

Archived