Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather, it looks really great! You'll love how easy it is to make the bobble border, it looks very impressive to be so easy! I'm thinking you said you and your husband were not tall, so the 2 extra rows wouldn't be needed? I could have used it for me at 5'6", but it was for my son at 6'1", so that's the only reason I had to add 2 more rows.

I have collected quite a few different 'snowflake' afghans, as I went nuts over snowflakes of all kinds this year. I don't think I've seen that particular pattern, do you happen to still have the info on where it can be found? Even though the pic is wonky (looks like the flash didn't go off), you can tell it was beautiful :)

I think DH is happy with it. He said of course I could add 2 more if I wanted to:dreaming lol. I don't know I'll wait a few days to edge it. Well here it is so far finally all put together :whew lol.

th_crochet006.jpg

Heather it is beautiful!

:ty everybody my dd helped pick out the color but purple is also my dh favorite color and I'm starting to lean towards it more too I find myself buying more and more in the purples. It will match the living room walls that are a very light lilac.

Cozy- I will try the bobble edging anything that goes fast I hate to edge I get so bored and it seems never ending. I think I will try to do it tomorrow. I think the length will be fine we are short and it covers from feet to chest on us. :lol

Beaglelady- That is pretty, I agree this can be done in any color and I might do another one in a different color I love the way the snowflake looks in the block. Maybe I'll do another one sometime this year.

Suzy, I'm thinking you are the one that had to get more green off Ebay? If so, did it come yet and did it match?

Yes that was me! I have to say I was thrilled with the match. :clap There might be the slightest variation, but really hard to even say that. It will blend in superbly! I bought that yarn in about 1995, so to be able to find a match is incredible. The internet truly is an amazing thing. Makes the world a smaller place for good or for bad huh?

I spent part of last night and this morning sewing together the hexagons I have finished. 4 rows together now and I'm getting excited!

356049131_df31aae67e_m.jpg

Archived