Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heather, I could have sworn I posted to your finishing your afghan, but it must have flown into a black hole somewhere (my post, not your afghan!) because I'm not seeing my reply. I'll try again... I'm so glad you have it finished and are enjoying it! Looks fantastic, you must be so proud! :)

I know what you mean about the big open spaces. I'm starting my 4th row but went back to try to make some half hexes. I couldn't stand the open spots :blush:) I hope the edging will hide some of the uneveness of the half hexes I made but at any rate I like it better.:D Here's what they look like.

Heather would you happen to have a close up pic of one of your half hexes? Or maybe some words of wisdom on how to make them? I am on row 5 and thinking like you that I am not real crazy about the open hunks. Thanks :-)

suzy and dilyca, your flakes are so pretty. both the green and the red look so nice. i'm still plugging along. i have all of the white parts of my flakes done and am now working on finishing with the blue as my dark color. i have three rows totally completed. thank you all for sharing your pictures. i have to learn to do that, too.

SuzyQ here is an up close shot of the snowflake. I have written out the pattern I did If it's not a problem with copyright (since they didn't have a pattern in it for a half) I'd be glad to post it.

th_crochet017.jpg

This is kind of hard to see since I've put the edging on it.

The best I can say is to start with 4 sc in the ring and work from the middle of the 2 side parts of the flake turning work as you go from side to side. It's hard to describe. lol I'll try to answer any questions.

Redbird. You are making all of the white flakes first. I have to do the whole thing and put them together as I go!LOL

Heather. For me I don't mind the holes where no flake, but, I would like to see your pattern for the half Hex as well.

dilyca, i am using rh baby econo with the sparkly stuff in it and it feels rough to me, especially since i'm using caron simply soft for my dark blue color. i wanted to get the "rough" feeling snowflakes over with and then enjoy the soft blue. crazy i know, but that's just me.

q8, go for it. it's been fun looking at all the color choices and great work.

q8 It really is not difficult. I made a snowflake afghan for a gal for Christmas that was much more difficult then this one. I can finish one hex in an hour if I pay attention to what I am doing and not do other things. I am sure that I am much slower then some that are doing this though.

Diane

thanks for the incourgeing

i`m not afraid of the defficulty

i was just hasetated

welcome!!!

I should have been a bit more hesitant with this one also!LOL My sig does not show all of what I have got going!!!!!LOL

Archived