Snowflake Afghan CAL

Most Canadians really are not into 'flag waving'.

In fact I admit to flag envy since "Old Glory" is so easily represented in crochet, knit or quilting.

Red and white doesn't do it and the leaf is a challenge as you can't toss one off the way you can with a star and some stripes. People would never assume that red and white was patriotic the way that your red/white and blue is. It seems more like Christmas than July 1st.

I have toyed with trying a Patriotic CAL for Canucks but ...there yah go. See

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Darski if you do a Patriotic CAL for Canadians I might just have to join. I'm not a Canuck but my DH is and he would be thrilled if I did him something to remind him of home. He is a double Canuck, hehe or something like that. Being from B.C. he favors the Vancouver Canucks in hockey.

I finally tried for my 3D snowflake but it didn't really lend itself to the technique that Krystal designed. :sigh

However, it is 3D; whether that serves any useful purpose is not in question just now.

I am going to keep going until it is big enough for a pet crate for our SPCA

snowflaked.jpg

I have not given up hope of a really 3D one but this is where it is for now :wlol:snow

That looks great Melissa.:clap

Here is my finished afghan. I just went ahead and edged it I couldn't think of making more snowflakes right now :D It made my brain hurt.:think

th_crochet.jpg

How is the gal doing that started this CAL. I see that she has only posted a couple of times. I hope she is ok and knowing that she inspired a lot of folks to make this afghan.

I still have not gotten my yarn for it. I need to concentrate on my ALS afghan for a while and then I will get into this one!!!!! I really want to do it and I think I want to use a Red Heart color that I just saw. I am sure it has been out there for a while, I just never noticed it before. Rodeo Red. Has anyone made anything with that color before???

Well. It calls for 32 oz dark and 28 oz light. Both my dark and light skeins of yarn are 7 oz's and it says that there are 364 yards/333m for the 7 oz skein I got 5 skeins of each.. I alway get at least one skein more on everything then it calls for. I can always use the extra to make squares for square exchanges.

girls how many balls of yarn and how long is each ball?

i cant buy it by the oz. i feel something wrong without length

Archived