Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOt that I really signed up for this CAL. After I finished the TIGGER afghan, I started another one of these for a raffle item to donate. I'm using black for the snowflake and off white for the edging and have two rows done. I do enough hexagons to make a row and stitch them together to form the row. Then I make the next set, make the row and join them. This way I won't have to do all the stitching at the end.

Looks pretty good! I see a couple of others are reversing it as well.

Wooohoo finally done!!! It's in the wash now to make it a bit softer. Of course I have nightmares of it coming out unravelled. It's my first afghan ever, so I am a bit overprotective of it hehe. I gave myself 2 months to do it and it took me just over a month so I feel good about my progress. I got faster and faster as time went on. Definitely gave me the confidence to try another afghan real soon.

In RH Hunter and White:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5066&g2_serialNumber=2

A close up of snowflake and the edging. I hadn't seen another shot of the edging that I can recall. It was really easy to do and I like the look. I think I will use it again on another project.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5067&g2_serialNumber=2

q8 I really like the reverse colors you've done.

I ended up be okay with the "open" blocks. Or maybe I was too lazy to do anymore!!!! But I did appreciate heather writing the pattern out.

I love the pink Sue. Hang in there. I got a bit stalled at 5 too, but got myself in gear and actually finished the last 4 in a weekend. Then a couple of more nights to sew them together. The edging didn't take as much time as I thought it would. You will get it done :-)

Q8, I started I think around the 28th of Dec. Finished Feb 10. That's probably long for some crocheters but I'm just getting started with crochet really. :-) I had hoped I'd finish within 2 months and beat that by a bit so I was happy. I mainly worked on it on weekends.

mikki, please get more yarn and finish. you're so close. i'm still working slowly but surely on mine. i only have about ten flakes to finish and then put the rest together. i am having trouble staying with this and i don't know why because i still think it's a beautiful afghan. i'm going to do it!

redbird

its awsom feeling to see onle 10 more to go :yay

i have more than 50 to go :think

don`t get bored

make a cup of coffe or hot chocolate

stay infront the tv

crochet - drink - and watch little bit :)

I'm getting more yarn just didnt do it yesterday because of valentines day. Unfortunately i had to make mine bigger to fit a full size bed. So im a lil more than a roll to go. Can't wait to get done tho i planned on it being my hubby's vday gift... oops.:lol He knows it tho and is willing to wait. :hook

:( I still dont have the yarn hubby didn't want to go to walmart and thats this crazy towns idea of a yarn store.:thair:bang:sigh at least as far as i know i need to go exploring. So here i sit twiddling my thumbs. I tried to work a lil on pink paper dolls but i just dont get it . So i guess for now no :hook for me.

snowflakeghan.jpg

here's my progress so far. Hopefully walmart bound tonight. So i can be finished. Lightings not the best in my room :( The other afghan in the background is actually solid off white it looks ruint in the photo . :eek

Archived