Snowflake Afghan CAL

guys. I have a pattern that I got from Maggie's crochet that is a snowflake pattern. It does have a "snowflake" look to the edging. I don't know if it would be legal for me to post it here or not. It was not hard. It was made by doing 3 picots together all the way around.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dianne

if you have alink put it but if you haven`t a link and it`s deleted from the site post the pattern

ladeis i`m planing to work more om this today i have to finish it soon :cheer:clap

I can post a link to the page that the afghan is listed on Maggies. I can't post the pattern though as I believe there is copywright.

OK.. the picture is on Maggie's crochet. Page 5 of the afghans. It is the "Midnight Bilzzard" afghan. I made mine with Windsor Blue from Red Heart. It came out really pretty.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Afghans/afghan_page5.htm

Can't see the edging that well though.

diane

thanks a lot and yours is nice :)

how did you get the pattern??

OH.. I bought it. At the time it was listed as both a kit and as just the pattern. I choose to go with just the pattern as I don't usually have enough yarn when I buy a kit!!!

Ok ladies....I donated the black and white one for a donation and then made a color block 9-patch afghan (pic in my photobucket right now - will be posting soon.) Anyhow I made a pillow to go with it and the lady asked me if I could make a pillow with the snowflake pattern. So I did. I made the pillow reversable. Black background on one side, off-white on the other.

IMG]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/ekonkbeagles/Picture048.jpg[/img]

Picture048.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Awesome Beaglelady! What a great idea!

Progress: I have one more row to do! I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then I have to piece it all together, I was going to join as I went but I didn't want to stop making motifs. So, I have a big job ahead of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone (or should I say anyone) know where I am on completing this afgan. I have whipstitched all the motifs together within each row. I now have to whipstitch the rows together and do the edging. My goal is to have it finished by this weekend! I can't believe I am almost to the end!:D

Is anyone besides me still working on this one? I actually can't believe that I still haven't finished. I had planned to have this one done by Christmas and here it is, nearly the end of April and I still don't have it finished.

• 2 weeks later...

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I am finally finished! I present to you my Snowflake Afgan. Images are clickable.

th_SnowflakeAfgan2.jpg

th_SnowflakeAfgan.jpg

I did the half hexagon motif to have a straight edge on 2 sides (pattern provided by Crochetville member hseger - thank you!). This is the first afgan I have ever made. It is done in RH ss yarn. The first pick is the afgan on my queen size bed. The 2nd is draped over my couch. I am so proud and feel like I have accomplished a lot!

Thanks for looking.

• 5 months later...

Anyone else want to resurrect this CAL with the colder weather coming? One of my nieces has moved from Pennsylvania to a warm section of California and misses the snow, so I'm making this at her request in RH soft white and cherry red. Getting started on it this evening.

Anyone else want to resurrect this CAL with the colder weather coming? One of my nieces has moved from Pennsylvania to a warm section of California and misses the snow, so I'm making this at her request in RH soft white and cherry red. Getting started on it this evening.

I would love to resurrect this CAL. I still have the snowflakes I've already made, and my pattern. Now I have to remember where I put my snowflakes.:think

I haven't finished mine yet, even though I started it way back at the beginning of the CAL. I was just cleaning up in my sewing room and came across the bag full of finished hexagons. I need to make about 8 more hexagons, and finish sewing them together, before I'm ready to start on the edging.

Archived