Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never done a crochet-along, but I am interested. I started mine today! I am currently working on just the white snowflakes. I haven't decided yet what my background color will be. I do have Caron One Pound-Midnight Blue on hand. I think that might look nice.

What do I have to do to join in?

Miranda, You are coming along nicely! I have about 25 white snowflakes done. Still haven't decided on the background color yet. I am trying to work on them when my grown children are not around. Very hard to do on a week-end!

Krystal, you said it! temptations, all around..... just printed the pattern out for my WIM book; so I'll be back after I've finished some of my other promises!

Miranda, very nice. What color of blue are you using?:yarn I would join, but I have done this afghan. Not that I don't want to make anothe one, just don't have the time right now. Be checking in to see how you all are coming along!

Well Gals, I'm on a roll! I have 2 squares done and 40 snowflakes ready for the background. I am doing the background in the Caron 1 lb. Midnight Blue. It will be a Christmas gift for one of my kids. I'm just not sure which one. I have to make 10 afghans by Christmas. What have I got myself into???? I'm glad I like to do what I do!

This afghan is on my list of things "to do" but can't get on it right now.

Here's what I'm planning to do with it:

th_6d3c9de6.jpg

There's almost the same afghan called "Snowfire"

You can see it here:

http://groups.msn.com/TheCarrotPatchCarole/yourwebpage7.msnw

I'm gonna just watch and be ya'lls :cheer :cheer cheerleader while I finish up some other projects.

Lisa, I forgot about that afghan on the bunkbed! What a great idea. Now I might have to make another one with my scraps. I also hadn't seen the "Snowfire" afghan pattern. Thanks so much for the link and ideas.

I'm going to have to try this pattern. Maybe it will make me think that it's cooler here than it really is. LOL Don't have any white yarn right now so that means I get to go shopping. Yea!!!!!!

I have four complete blocks done, so it will be quite a while before myafghan looks like it's going to be an afhan. I have decided to weave all the ends in as I go and I think I will sew motifs together when I have enough for a row, so as to make the finishing a little less tedious. I'm not sure that this is the most efficient way to do this, but I think it will make it easier for me.

I am making my snowflakes white and my background navy blue. I sort of wish I'd chosen a lighter blue, but I'm going to stick with what I've got going.

I have been busy completing my snowflake blocks. I am worried I am going to run out of my midnight blue and won't be able to find anymore! I was at JoAnn's and they don't have it anymore. I've used almost 2 - 1lb skeins of yarn! I haven't joined any yet. I am going to do that all at once. I have about 12 more snowflakes to add the blue to and then I will be ready to join them. It sure will look nice when it is done.

i have about 25 snowflakes done (minus the darker color) and one completely done, i like to do all the centers and then weave those in and then work on the rest of it, seems to go faster for me :)

Archived