Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have all but one snow flake done, and 24 hexes, 13 of those are into 2 panels...i'm slowly making progress :) finally got more yarn though so i'm hoping to finish in the next couple weeks

:hook Slavic Crochet

I would like to join, but I have one more rec. granny 'ghan to start & finish, after I finish the one I'm making for our grandson:cheer

This might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway, is the pattern easy to follow??

I've always wanted to crochet a snowflake 'ghan, so now when I get there, I'll be joining in, if that's ok:manyheart

:hook Slavic Crochet

I would like to join, but I have one more rec. granny 'ghan to start & finish, after I finish the one I'm making for our grandson:cheer

This might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway, is the pattern easy to follow??

I've always wanted to crochet a snowflake 'ghan, so now when I get there, I'll be joining in, if that's ok:manyheart

The pattern is super easy. It also goes very quickly (expect when I can't get motivated because of the heat). I would say jump right in. I know I will be here awhile beacuse I have 2 of them to make.

It has been too hot here to do much of anything. I have only 13 complete hexagons done. I do a few minutes each day, but at this rate I'll need that afghan before I finish it. We're leaving tomorrow for vacation and I'm taking it along. Hopefully when I don't have all my other chores staring at me, I can get some more done.

natcat, Thanks! I've been doing it for many years.

It is hot here also. I'm going to wait to finish up mine when the weather cools down a little. No hurry-its a Christmas gift!

Gardener, I will also being leaving for vacation again on Saturday. I will take some yarn, but not sure how much I will get done. This vacation is just my husband and myself!

I know it's late, but I'm thinking about joining in on this one. After reading everyone's posts, it sounds like a fun pattern to do. Now I need your opinions, please. I have a choice of white/black or white/red. What do you think? I have no clue what I'll do with it when it's done, so I can't use that as a guide. But I have both colors of yarn.

Tell me what you think!

Susan

crochetrae, Oh, I think either would look very nice! The red would look Christmas-e, the black would be like a dark night. Do up a snowflake and put both colors around it. See which you like better.

natcat, Thanks! I've been doing it for many years.

It is hot here also. I'm going to wait to finish up mine when the weather cools down a little. No hurry-its a Christmas gift!

Gardener, I will also being leaving for vacation again on Saturday. I will take some yarn, but not sure how much I will get done. This vacation is just my husband and myself!

Hi Homebody

I also have been crocheting for years, but mostly ripples, so even starting & finishing the rectangle afghan of ErinLindseys, was so much different, but I really enjoy crocheting the pattern, they are so pretty:c9 & I know I'll enjoy crocheting this snowflake also, thank you ( for people like me, just trying something new, is kind of scary, but I found out it is so much fun:yes :hook

Crochetrae

I think that a white snowflake, on a red background would look really pretty, I do think that the black background would be a little bit too dark.

:yes:hook

What if you used both? like made a stripey one, used both black and red background or a red and green, that would be neat just my opinion though

I considered that, but was afraid it would be too "cutesy". I can't get my DH excited about either one, so I'm just sitting. Appreciate the input :) . I was leaning towards black since our couch is black leather and I didn't want it to look Christmasy. DH said black/white would remind him of Holsteins.:(

Susan

My mom helped me, and I finished one snow flake. I am using Lion Brand Jiffy Mohair in snow white, and Kitty Hawk (it is a whitish blue, like sky, but much lighter) I am going to try to make my next snowflake alone, and follow what she did. I dont have my backround yet, but I would really like a blue (maybe I will be done by next christmas!)

Laura

Crochetrae, If you went with a heathery color it would definitely "class" it up and you could use just about any color with the black leather couch. I love the heathers - TLC has a huge selection.

Thanks for that idea! I never even thought of using a heather. That just might be the ticket :clap .

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

This is very pretty, and yes very tempting to join in. I have printed out the pattern as I was writing this. Very pretty! Nice Christmas present as well. Maybe for myself! lol

I managed to get about 7 snowflakes done while we were on vacation, but the heat sort of has me less than enthused about this project at the moment. I have maybe 18 blocks totally done and about 5 extra snowflakes. I ran out of white yarn, but I'll pick up some more when I run errands this week.

Archived