Snowflake Afghan CAL

I am slowly moving along. I have 6 blocks completely finished and I've sewn a few together, just so I can feel ike I'm getting somewhere. I'm starting to get a little faster at making the blocks, so hopefully I'll speed up a bit.

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becca, I'm with you. I like to do the centers first and then the darker color. It seems to go much faster. You are really coming along nicely.

I did run out of the darker yarn. It's a good thing my girls were going to town today and found the last 2 skeins JoAnn's had of that color.

I have 2 rows completed and seamed together. I have about 8 more snowflakes made waiting for the blue and about 12 more snowflakes to make. The rest are completed and waiting to be seamed together. I am really pleased with my progress. My problem will be deciding which child will receive this one. I thinK I will wait until closer to Christmas when I have more afghans completed to decide who gets what. Did I say I need 10!!! afghans altogether!!!! Oh my, I do put the pressure on myself!

Shebear, Have you decided on your color yet?

WOW! Beautiful afghan!

This will be a project I definitely want to join in on the CAL, but can't until we get moved and settled in our new home in Amarillo the first of next month. :yay

See ya then!

Amy

Homebody.........nope I haven't decided on a color yet. I've been crocheting dishcloths all weekend so I haven't even done any snowflakes. It's really hard to get excited about an afghan when we've had temps of 103 and 104. I swear you COULD fry an egg on the sidewalks but I'm trying to keep snowflakes coming.

Amy, I hope your move goes smoothly. See you next month!

Shebear, It doesn't say up top where you live. What state are you in? We've had 92-98 temps the last couple of days with high humidity. I don't mind the temps, it's the humidity that kills!

I've got to make a couple of facecloths on scrubbies for the granddaughters for vacation in the next couple of days. I ran out of cute girl colors in cotton so I guess I need to make a trip to the store. We leave Saturday for Mackinaw & Mackinac Island. It's a family affair! All of the kids and their families go on a one week vacation together each year. This year is up north. I hope I will get computer access, otherwise I won't get to chat for a week!

Homebody..........I'm in north central Texas....around Dallas. We're in drought conditions and orange ozone alerts. Having lived in both Houston and it's humidity and Dallas and it's sometimes dry and hot conditions, I'm not real sure which is worse. I think the dry heat fools you and is potentially more dangerous especially with high levels of pollution.

Well it's back to snowflakes.........a few snowflakes outside would be a nice change for a day or two.

Gosh...this pattern is printed out and sitting on my table...I can't wait to get started! I may just have to make up a few snowflakes while the movers are packing next week. ;-)

Amy

Just finished the snowflakes and some of the dark. I'm trying to hook and pack for vacation at the same time. It's not working too well. I'm not taking this project with me on vacation (too big), so piecing all together and edging it will have to wait until I get back.

I'm taking my computer (hope I can get connected) so I can keep in touch.

Shebear, You are really moving along! Have you decided on your background color yet?

Will TLC or Regular Red Heart be an ok weight for this?? Don't mean to sound stupid...it calls for lightweight worsted, and don't want it to be too heavy by using the "medium" worsted.

Thanks,

Amy

Oh... I've been resisting this CAL since the first post was made!! I can't stand it!! I've wanted to make this afghan for a long time soooo OK, I'm in... I must be nuts! LOL!

Ok I've got 48 snowflakes done now and I have my background yarn. I've decided on Pounder in color Royalty (a bright blue). I've also done 5 1/2 dishcloths this week so far.

FYI...While at JoAnn's I noticed the Sugar 'n' Cream was in bigger skeins. Solids were 4 oz. now, which if I remember correctly makes them the same size as Lion Brand Cotton.

Also picked up 5 skeins of Lion Brand Magic Stripes sock yarn for half price...guess I'll be making socks next.

Archived