Snowflake Afghan CAL

This afghan is on my list or want to do's as well. I made one sort of like this for a gal for Christmas this past year. I have commited to a couple of other CAL. I think I am going to commit to this one as well. No I am never going to get anything else done!!!!!!!!LOL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all. Sorry that I haven't posted here in a while. I haven't had time to work on my snowflake afghan, but I'm going to get it out, and start back on it. Cozy, I love your afghan, I never thought about a variegated background, maybe on my next one.

I'm working hard to finish mine up this week. I'm SOOOOOO close I only need to add the outer edge to 7 more snowflakes and then sew on 20 of them and edge the whole thing and I'm done.

i'm back at work on my afghan. i have 33 snowflakes done. only 26 more to do. it works up pretty quickly but i just don't have time to sit and stay with it. i wish i did. thanks everyone for showing your progress and all of the good ideas about finishing.

Wow.. Some of you are almost done. I have not even thought about starting yet. Ok.. I have thought about it. But, if I pull out anymore yarn and start one more project my DH is going to freak!!!!!!!LOL I will start soon, Ihope!!!!!

Still working on my snowflake afghan. Have 26 hex done and sewed together.

Made a crochet bag to take back and foth to work with me out of one of the square patterns in the 200 squares book. Still looking for new patterns and ideas.Happy New Year to all

I'm still plugging away at my afghan. It is about half finished. I have a long list of unfinished projects and the afghan is the largest of them. I have been working at the smaller things in an attempt to get something done, so the snowflake afghan hasn't gotten much work done on it. I do intend to finish it though.

I will get to this one in the next week or so. I really need to finish some things I have going now and then decide what color background I want. I made a similar one for a friend this past Christmas. I used a very dark blue background. I may do this one a bit different.

Some of you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I have not even began to approach said tunnel yet!!!!!!!!LOL

Well I'm down to 4 hexes to sew in and now I'm wondering if I might not want to add 2 more rows. I think I'll hold off on edging for a bit and live with it for a time to see. It seems to almost be square lol. Anyway when I get the last 4 sewn in I'll post a pic of it.

Diane, it's: 32 oz. dark color, 28 oz. light color worsted-weight yarn. G hook

BUT, if anyone in the family using it is closer to 6', buy another skein of each, I always do anyway, to make sure I don't run out. You might even buy 2 more if you are going to make 2 extra rows like I had to because of my son being tall. It's a bear to try to match dyelots later, I'd rather get stuck with extra yarn!

I think DH is happy with it. He said of course I could add 2 more if I wanted to:dreaming lol. I don't know I'll wait a few days to edge it. Well here it is so far finally all put together :whew lol.

th_crochet006.jpg

Heather I love the purple. I gave DH a choice of colors and he chose the forest green, but if it had been me I would have chosen a purple like yours. Maybe later I will make another :-). I am slow...I have two rows sewn together, with 11 snowflakes waiting to be edged in green. I have 3 days off, so hopefully I will make some headway. It might be dreaming but I would love to be halfway through by Monday evening. It's hard to stay away from other little projects that some how sneak in!!!

Archived