Snowflake Afghan CAL

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone here still at it? I've nearly got mine done. I've got a pic of how big it is right now, 7 rows, but going on 9, on my blog. In the same post I have a surprising turn of events that may or may not be interesting to you other snowflake lovers! Ah well, I like it, see what you think!

Anyone here still at it? I've nearly got mine done. I've got a pic of how big it is right now, 7 rows, but going on 9, on my blog. In the same post I have a surprising turn of events that may or may not be interesting to you other snowflake lovers! Ah well, I like it, see what you think!

Loved the story about the kitty. :eek Your snowflake afghan is beautiful. What color is that blue?? It is really pretty.

I am still working on my Snowflake afghan. I have 4 rows complete so far.

You can see a picture here . I am almost to the halfway point.:yay

I know what you mean about the big open spaces. I'm starting my 4th row but went back to try to make some half hexes. I couldn't stand the open spots :blush:) I hope the edging will hide some of the uneveness of the half hexes I made but at any rate I like it better.:D Here's what they look like.

Thanks :) The white is Jiffy and the blue is TLC Essentials in Shaded Blues. Melissa, yours is looking great. Do you think the cut-outs on the side are too big and need something done about them? I'm considering making a half block or something.

Thanks! Yes they are kind of big... I hadn't thought about the half motif idea. I bet that would be really neat.

I know what you mean about the big open spaces. I'm starting my 4th row but went back to try to make some half hexes. I couldn't stand the open spots :blush:) I hope the edging will hide some of the uneveness of the half hexes I made but at any rate I like it better.:D Here's what they look like.

th_Kailasshots078.jpg

I knew I couldn't be the only one wondering if the sides looked to holey or if they were wasted because no one wants to be half covered on their back, should 2 be trying to get under it. Another thing I've thought of was just doing a blank insert, with holes that radiate from the center, you see them made that way a lot. I still have 1 S.F. to border and one to make from scratch. I'm getting so tired, I'm tempted to not even hide the threads and just send it off with a ball of yarn and crochet hook included and telling them to 'go for it', ha, ha, snort!

hahaha. I thought about a blank half hex too then took a second stab at the half s.f and thought it would work even though it is a little short. I'll just have to see when I finish it and get the edging on it since there is only 8 of them I think it will be ok.:)

Okay after reading through this entire thread I am hooked hooked hooked! And will probably be hooking hooking hooking for a longgggg time to get it finished!!! I have never done an afghan before so this is probably a big undertaking, but since its small pieces put together maybe I can handle it. I just think its beautiful in all of the colors y'all have posted. I happen to have an abundance of white and forest green so I think I will try it like that. This will be my first CAL, so hopefully I can contribute something to thread :-). Love all of the pics. I am going to start my first snowflake tonight...wish me luck!

I have been wanting to make this afghan for years but never just got around to it because of other projects.

Maybe I can squeeze this in between making my Christmas Tree afghan that's been sitting in my closet these past 3 years...yikes!

I have LB Wool-Ease Sport in White. I may have to double that and use a sport weight yarn for contrast...dunno though, I need to use up my stash before buying new yarn...:lol

Yeahhhhhhhh! 3 snowflakes made! At that rate I could have the snowflakes done by the end of January and the rest of the year to get the background done. Not that I can only use this in the winter, but it's just the goal that I set for myself...to be finished with it by the end of next year. I did also start on the background on one of them just so I could convince myself that I had made the right thing! The snowflakes look different when they are just sitting there by themselves. Hubby started turning lights off at midnight though so I figured it was time to wrap it up. I will finish that one then continue with the snowflakes. By the way the green looks really nice.

Archived