Snowflake Afghan CAL

OH!! I"ve done this one. I did it in white and claret Red Heart Yarn.

Have to be careful when stitching the pieces together as I did get a couple stitched on the wrong edge. But it came out beautiful!!! :clap

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's not thick at all - as the hexagons are worked with one strand. The center (white) is work first, then trimmed in desired color. Could it be worked with two strands? I guess so - but I think it would be too bulky.

It would also depend on the yarn you were using - 2 strands of baby yarn might be ok. i don't think you would like two of WW. You would need a large hook and the afghan would not likely look just as you would want it to

Beaglelady, your afghan is beautiful, I love the claret.:manyheart I've got 4 snowflakes done on my afghan, and I'm using white and spruce. I'll post a picture when I get farther along.:hook

Beaglelady, your afghan is beautiful, I love the claret.:manyheart I've got 4 snowflakes done on my afghan, and I'm using white and spruce. I'll post a picture when I get farther along.:hook

OH - the spruce and white will be lovely. I think it's one of those patterns that almost any color would do. I was going to sell it - but then I gave it to one of the truck drivers and wife (where I used to work) as a Xmas gift last year. They were always giving me and the other 2 girls gifts at Christmas. Just so happens it matched their living room perfect!!

I want to try her Dahalia pattern.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so busy this week, that I've only gotten one more snowflake done. That makes 5 in total.:sweat I'm going to try to work on it today. Bella, your colors sound beautiful, can't wait to see your afghan. I hope everyone is having a great day.:tup

Wow! Beautiful!! I just printed off the pattern and know this is a must do!!! I have the white for the snowflakes, just have to decide on the background. I'm fairly new here, so just found this while browsing.

Well, I've finally finished my afghan and it is very pretty! I love the border. My daughter says it looks like snowflakes around it. I haven't taken photos yet, but I will and get them posted.

All right, you guys have finally convinced me...I've seen this before and bookmarked the pattern, but reading all these posts yesterday got me so excited to 1) make my first afghan or blanket and 2) join my first CAL. Everyone here has probably finished theirs already but I started mine today! The snowflake pattern is SO easy and fast!

One question for those who have finished, though: I've got two snowflakes done and the chain-3 spaces connecting the six points do not show in the final blanket, am I right? Because my snowflakes have those and I don't see them in the finished blanket. Does the dark color yarn go over those spots when joining?

I'd love to see any pictures anyone has--I saw Squish's purple one and it's lovely!

I'd love to see any pictures anyone has--I saw Squish's purple one and it's lovely!

Thank you! This was such a fun ghan to complete!

Someone said it looked like snowflakes on the border...Actually it's more like little bobbles...it's a sc tr sc and they end up being little bobbles...they look so cute on the border...I really should get some pictures of the completely completed ghan...I'll take some when I'm at home over thanksgiving! I totally forgot about getting them for you all :) forgive me will ya ;) anyhoo good luck to those who are just starting...if you follow the directions directly you should get the hang of it pretty fast...oh and the snowflakes do look a little weird until you put the dark color on

Welcome to the wonderful world of CALS Kiirs. May this be just the beginning of many happy hours of joining in.

I haven't done this CAL but I love to come and see the pictures. Can't wait to see yours too.

Thanks, Darski! I think I have 8 or so snowflakes done now. It's not a lot for 4 days' work, but it's what I can do with three kids to home-school and a lot of church and community leadership responsibilities. :D

Hi. I'm new here. I just joined yesterday. I just made this afghan. It's the first one I've made. I am planning to give it to my sister-in-law for Christmas. Hope she'll like it...I'll try to post a pic before I give it to her. Now my 5-year-old daughter wants me to make her one too.

Archived