Old Pattern into New Table Cover (doily)

Aggie May

I was looking through my old crochet patterns and came across my onld thread Doily patterns.

Because my hands wont hold the fine thread and hook anymore, so decided to use the large cone of thread which my dear old Aunty gave to me years ago.

I am thrilled with the results.

The Doily should have been only about 18 inches but without even completing the pattern, mine is 33 inches.

I did change the outside edge because the gaps were getting a bit wide.

Here is a link to the picture. I hope it is better than the usual quality of my pictures.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/Aggie2may/TradeMe158.jpg

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Very Beautiful Colleen. You did a great job on the Doily. I really like the pattern, and if you ask me, the bigger the better. :lol It should cover more of your table.:hook

:cheer Thanks so far for the nice comments.

I listed the cloth for sale on Trade Me, a NZ Auction site, and it sold within about 5 minutes of listing, for $15.00, which was my Reserve. By the end of the auction, next Thursday, it may be even more.

I will need to make another before I send this one so I can remember the changes I made to the last few rows of the pattern.

Here is another one I have made too.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/Aggie2may/TradeMe159.jpg

This also has an altered edge and should have had more rows.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

gorgeous- and a great idea to that thicker cotton yarn too! I love to crochet doilies, and I often get asked to make one large enough for a table...I usually decline because it just seems to take FOREVER to make one with regular crochet thread...now I have a very simple solution- GENIUS!!

Archived