Egg Babies, remember Health class?

aliciasjoy

Well, it's probably called something different now, but in my high school health class we had to carry an egg around to learn about the responsibilities of having a baby. My friend and I loved our egg babies so much we put their names in our family bibles and kept them for months after the assignment was over. We were finally forced to get rid of them by our mothers (and their horrible stink). So we had a funeral and chucked them into the lake with Prince's Let's Go Crazy as the dirge. Sniff.

eggy.jpg

They're about regular egg size. I hope you think they're cute, and thanks for looking and reading my childhood memory.

If you'd like to make your own little Eggies, here is the pattern (such as it is):

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26528

In my High School we did that as part of our Teen Parenting class. We had to carry them around for 1 month. It was fun and I learned about some of the responsibilities my classmates were dealing with in real life. I must say I loved my eggy, however I would have been so much happier with your's. They are ten times cuter then our's were. :yes

ahww they are so cute we used eggs whenI was a freshman and when I was junior we used dolls. Yours are too cute how did u make them I would love to make one?

Very adorable! Hey, what if to teach how to care for precious things, a group of kids (boys and girls) were to try to make their own? I bet they'd take very good care of them....

Awwwww I remember egg babies, and I love yours!!! I don't remember what I named mine, but I remember making a "diaper" for it and packing it around in a (decorated) styrofoam big mac box. We poked holes in each end of the egg and blew the gunk out-- and if we broke it, we failed that part of the class.

So did you also do flour babies?

Cris~

thanks for the flashbacks ;) I'm attending my 15y class reunion Saturday...

Those are really cute! I love the part about the Prince song...:lol They also did that in my school. Nowadays I think they use computerized dolls that actually cry and do some of the other stuff real-type babies do...no "low tech." eggs for these youngsters! :D

Archived