Crochet time vs Crochetville time

I noticed that since I became a regular on Crochetville I tend to crochet less.

More time is spent looking for inspiration, patterns, posting.

What is you experience?

Depends what's going on really...I love coming on here, but sometimes things here don't grab me and so I end up actually crocheting...

I've noticed the same thing, but that's okay 'cos I continue to be inspired and amazed by my fellow hookers as well as feeling like a real part of this great community...

This is always a funny topic for me.

I am on Crochetville throughout the day.

I manage two crochet related websites, which means I am involved in crochet help/pattern search emails, looking for patterns, looking at links, etc, etc, etc.

When I do I ACTUALLY crochet? A little bit on the weekends. (Although, not so long ago, I was doing it for hours and hours every day.)

I love crochet and love doing it. But sometimes, you don't really have to pick up a hook to be involved in the craft. :lol

Before I joined Crochetville, I went in streaks with crocheting. I'd start something, get bored with it, and put it in the closet and not crochet anything for weeks or months at a time. Now I am inspired every day by what others here are making. Reading the forums keeps me going--now I have more crochet projects to do than I could ever finish in a lifetime!

Well, for me it goes hand in hand with crocheting. I'm constantly picking up my hook, stitching for a few mins then put it down to take a look at some posts and such. I am able to crochet at work when we are slow so there are many times that as I'm crocheting I'll think of something I want to look and see about or ask about. Also, there are times that I'm bored at work and need a break from crocheting so I'll hop over here. (There are days that I will only get one customer all day so I have lots of downtime) When at home (like now) I will check things out before I even get my crocheting out for the day so for me it's whatever moves me at that point... I don't think I crochet less since joining here. I actually think I crochet more!

Now I am inspired every day by what others here are making. Reading the forums keeps me going--now I have more crochet projects to do than I could ever finish in a lifetime!

ITA I have found more inspiration on this board than anywhere else and hey, I sit and read with crochet in hand, I can get both done, I somehow have a nice balance between the two especially since I have finally caught up on all the posts and all have been marked read.....

with only new posts each day, that makes it much easier.... you get in, read, post and get inspired.

Note: cooking and cleaning and laundry is another thing :hook:devil

_____

cindy

I am addicted to this forum. Computer gets turned on first thing in the morning and stays on all day!!! I am in and out of C'Ville all the time and I think that I crochet less and even do less around the house (which is fine with me!!!)

Well, actually, the forum doesn't impede on my crocheting time because I tend to sneak peaks and post on the forum during work.:devil I'm a programmer and I have stretches where I'm waiting for things to run and have nothing else to do. My home time is crocheting time. I love to curl up on the sofa with a cup of tea (and perhaps a few cookies) and crochet while watching TV.

Before I joined Crochetville, I went in streaks with crocheting. I'd start something, get bored with it, and put it in the closet and not crochet anything for weeks or months at a time. Now I am inspired every day by what others here are making. Reading the forums keeps me going--now I have more crochet projects to do than I could ever finish in a lifetime!

This is me too, exactly!!! Love this place!:cheer

That is me also . I spend at least 2 hours or more checking out the web site before I pick up my hook.. But its all good:manyheart

I noticed that since I became a regular on Crochetville I tend to crochet less.

More time is spent looking for inspiration, patterns, posting.

What is you experience?

Well, I found C'Ville at the same time I took crochet back up again. I'm not sure if I'd still be this "hooked" without this forum.

Basically, since coming here, I've learned to felt, dye wool, design my own patterns, knit, and spin.

There's always something going on, and I just need to be a part of it!

As to when I come on, I like to have a wee surf in the morning as I eat breakfast (I check the news first, then come here), and often check my emails mid evening so I have to pop in again then! It doesn't tend to eat into my crochet time, as I crochet mostly on the bus, at Uni and while watching TV.

Crochetville inspires me a lot...& seeing everyones projects make me want to crochet more. So I don't think it takes away any crochet time for me or not very much.

Actually, I'm thankful now, because I can't crochet but still have crochetville lol

(I have a tendon injury & am in a hand splint.) I type with my left hand but not sure about crocheting with my left h. It was hilarious yesterday..I stuck a hook in my splint & tried to do crochet. I did alittle but it is slow going.

I am happy to have this forum to keep me occupied. I've been here more than usual but haven't posted as much as previously since left hand typing isn't as easy or fast.

Thank goodness I completed my olympic project before this happened lol

I don't think I crochet any less than before I joined in here, but I do crochet different. I tend to crochet for 15-20 minutes than take a couple minute break and read a few posts and maybe answer a couple. Then it's back to crocheting, Since I have started writting down my patterns I crochet here at the computer, so it's easy to do a quick check and not loose my flow. I don't read everything I would never get anything done. But I read quite abit of what gets listed. I don't post to everything either or I definitely would not get any crocheting done.

I am actually more productive I think since I joined here. I tend to stay more focused on my project and don't get bored since I take lots of little breaks.

I go through stages where I visit C'Ville a lot and do very little crocheting, and then the opposite will happen. I'll find a project (or two) that I love and end up spending very little time here because I am busy with my hooks, thread and yarn. Either way I'm happy! :D

Funny that you'd mention that... I do spend valuable time on Crochetville that could be spent crocheting... but my crochet time is really quality guilt-free time now (corny, huh?) as I am so inspired by my fellow crocheters. I no longer feel the guilt of the unfinished projects... UFO's - everybody's got 'em! I'm not alone when I frog... I feel good about starting a second (or third or fourth or fifth project) I've learned that other people get confused, too (they want me to WHAT?????... I LOVE being a part of this amazing group bound together by our love of crochet!

• 4 months later...

There's no denying that crochetville takes up a lot of my free time, but that is balanced out by all the ideas I have got that have greatly improved my crochet. In any case, time spent enjoying yourself is not wasted time.

WOW! This is toooo funny, because yesterday, while I was sitting on the couch, TRYING to keep my mind on the project I'm working on, I was trying to think of a way to crochet and do crochetville at the same time. I don't know which of the two I love most :ccompute:hook

I am inspired every day by what others here are making. Reading the forums keeps me going--now I have more crochet projects to do than I could ever finish in a lifetime!

This forum keeps me going.:elle I'm finishing projects in weeks time and on to another.

• 10 months later...

I also have found that I am addicted to Crochetville. I spend more time here

than I do crocheting at times. The only reason that I get anything done is that I have to share this computer with my grandson, otherwise I'd probably be here even longer!! I love every minute of being here!!!

Archived