2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I’ll more than likely do the totals tomorrow after 10:30 am.  
I’ve been having issues with my tendinitis, so I didn’t use up any skeins this week. I’m hoping to be better next week, as I’m anxious to start my new afghan project. 

Hi everyone! This week I made 2 baby blanket graphghans and used up 5 skeins and 2 balls on them. I also finished my moss stitch blanket and used up 3 skeins there.

WTD +18

YTD +61

20210402_210250.jpg

20210401_220645.jpg

20210329_202127.jpg

Very nice baby blankets. I made another pot holder and some bunny, flower and butterfly pins. I used 2 small balls and a skein of cotton (+ 4) :yay . A co-worker gave me 3 skeins and 2 small balls (- 8 ) :( . I made pocket prayer shawls with the 2 balls and gave a skein away (+ 4) :cheer . All that :crocheting and I got nothing this week.

WTD: 0  YTD: +24

Ellie 13

:rose  Happy Easter !  :rabbit

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 4/3/2021!

Gold Medal Winner:  Inkked0317 +18

Holding Steady!
Ellie 13  0
greyhoundgrandma  0
PBLKNP  0
pineknott 0

Shoot the Moon Winner:  NO ONE THIS WEEK!  Happy Easter, all! 

:ghug 

I made 2 pot holders, 1 with 2 colors (stripes) and 1 with a variegated :yarn. It takes 1 skein per pot holder, so I used 1 skein variegated and rolled 1 green and 1 white skein down (+4) :cheer . Today I went to Target to get new shoes for work. There's a Michael's in the same shopping center, although I was tempted, I was good and didn't go there :yes . On the bus ride to/from there, I started another pot holder, so I might finish the 2 balls of cotton I rolled down. 

WTD:  + 4  YTD:  + 28

Ellie 13

I've had a moderate amount of crochet time this week, but when you're working with 15 colors in a blanket all used pretty equally, there's no progress until the end. I'm two thirds of the way thru the two rows per color repeats. About to the point of deciding if I want it as long as the pattern or if it's time to stop.

I have gotten a downstairs closet partly cleaned out and moved some of the yarn totes from upstairs to their new home. The boys are giving me a tv for my birthday and that requires some rearranging to get the old one out and the new one in. Good motivation to get things rearranged.

WTD 0

Hi everyone!

I didn't post last week,  so this is a combination of last week and this week. I donated 10 skeins that I finally admitted I was never going to use myself.  I also have used up 4 skeins on The Lost Garden pattern, which I am about 2/3 done with.

WTD +28

YTD +89

We are traveling to Virginia tomorrow,  because my father in law is finally being interred at Arlington.  He passed in October 2019, but covid caused a delay of over a year. No yarn time until mid-week most likely. 

20210417_215935.jpg

Oh, good, I appear to be in time.  I went to our LYS’s “Local Yarn Shop” day, which had a mini-socially-distanced fiber festival with four local dyers.  I found some nice sock yarn and some yarn for a shawl (and had a ball catching up with my fellow crocheters and knitters), so:

WTD = -6  YTD = -20 

:shrug

19 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

Oh, good, I appear to be in time.  I went to our LYS’s “Local Yarn Shop” day, which had a mini-socially-distanced fiber festival with four local dyers.  I found some nice sock yarn and some yarn for a shawl (and had a ball catching up with my fellow crocheters and knitters), so:

WTD = -6  YTD = -20 

:shrug

Pam, sounds like a lot of fun. And you displayed admirable restraint in what you purchased. LOL

• Like 1

It’s a really nice LYS.  The owner crocheted before she learned to knit, so she was determined to create a store that’s welcoming to crocheters as well as knitters.  She even named the store WITHOUT the word “knit” ...Ewe & You in Windsor, CT.

I am.sorry I haven't posted in a bit.

I have been making my washcloth a day and am a head.  I have used up 14 skeins +28 I gave my sister 10 skeins of yarn +20

WTD :+48

so if I don't  get here Sunday here is my score.

I'm having  issues with my iPad. I'm do for a new one but that won't be yet.  

Hi everyone!

This week I finished up my Lost Garden, which I completed through round 70 of the pattern. I finished a skein and rolled 4 into balls on that. I've also gotten about a third of the way through Radience, which is a pattern by the same designer (Helen Shrimpton) and have used up 2 skeins on that so far.

WTD +10

YTS +99

20210422_214743.jpg

20210424_222635.jpg

Oops, forgot to post last night. I got in some crochet time yesterday and I'm finally getting to the end of the dahlia blanket. This week I rolled 7 skeins into balls and used up one skein.

WTD +9

YTD +14

9 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi everyone!

This week I finished up my Lost Garden, which I completed through round 70 of the pattern. I finished a skein and rolled 4 into balls on that. I've also gotten about a third of the way through Radience, which is a pattern by the same designer (Helen Shrimpton) and have used up 2 skeins on that so far.

WTD +10

YTS +99

20210422_214743.jpg

20210424_222635.jpg

Jessie, those are both pretty! Am I remembering right that you were going to crochet for yourself this year? If so, you've ended up with some really pretty blankets so far.

• Like 1