2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I didn’t quite use up a skein, so:

WTD = 0

Next week might be different, skein-wise.  I used the Herrschners gift certificate my friend gave me and ordered the Navaho-Inspired Afghan Kit.  My friend doesn’t know it, but I’m going to make the afghan for him!  I think it will go nicely with their home decor.  :manyheart

Sooooo....Hubs decided that I should get a second gift because one was for graduation and one will be for my bday....and just like that, 25 more skeins are on their way....plus the 16 Momma got me for my bday.....at least it's all in the same week hahaha 

I DID use some yarn this week.  3 Caron Cakes plus a ball on the Octagon Mandala blanket, which I finished. Also, 1 ball on the Dream Weaver blanket I've started....

WTD -74

YTD +23

I'll post this week's scores between 1-3 pm EST tomorrow....and I'm willing to bet I'll be posting them again next week 😉

20210310_193224.jpg

20210311_200044.jpg

• Like 1

This week's scores!!!!

With our only positive score this week....greyhoundgrandma gets GOLD +20

Holding steady are Ellie13, PBLKNP, and pineknott

Adding to the stash is howieann -4

And shooting the moon is Inkked0317 -74 🤣

I'll be posting scores again next week 

• Like 1

My original Joann package arrived today after being lost in Memphis for 12 days during which time Joann gave me a refund for it being lost, I reordered the same, got two more refunds form Joann for the second one being short by 4 skeins. I called today and got another refund for the difference in price between the two. My head may explode, but the end is I keep all the yarn in both orders and while I'm still confused about how they came up with the refund amounts, I'm satisfied with the end results. Evidently I got everything at the sale price and only paid shipping on one order.

WTD -20

It would be nice to get all the negatives over in one week, but the second order is due Monday.

• Like 1

Last Fri., March 12th, I fell while walking to work. People helped me up and someone called 911. My knee hurt and I felt dizzy, so I wound up in the ER. After X-rays and scanning, the diagnosis: left facial abrasion with hematoma and left knee contusion. I'm alright, but I look like I've been :box . I lost 2 days of work, so lots of :crochetingtime. I made more baby hats, potholders and some flower pins. Easter is early this year, so I'm going to start bunny pins too. I used up 2 skeins and 4 small balls (+ 8 ) :yay . I guess getting hurt was a :goodorbad  thing.

WTD: + 8  YTD: + 22

Ellie 13

• Sad 1

Oh, gosh, Ellie, I'm glad it wasn't any worse than that! No more boxing!

I've got company coming in starting late morning. The group grew. Six staying overnight tonight and four tomorrow night. There'll be 13 of us for supper, seven for breakfast tomorrow, and more of DS's friends for the day tomorrow. Luckily I'm not doing all the cooking. LOL

That doesn't translate into much crochet time.

WTD -20

Ellie, I’m so sorry! That must have been frightening. I remember ages ago my mother turned her ankle in a pothole crossing the street in our small town, and tore her Achilles’ tendon. Like I said, it was a small town, and back then people’s dogs wandered all over the place. She said that her one comfort in all this was that the big neighborhood black lab-mix was licking her face and stayed with her until help arrived. 

Hi everyone!!!

This week I finished another baby blanket and used 2 skeins and 4 balls on that, and then I have been working on a moss stitch blanket from the middle and have used up 5 skeins on that so far.

WTD +18

YTD: +41

I'll be posting scores around noon tomorrow! My daughter & son-in-love suprised me by bringing my youngest grandbaby to visit this weekend so I'm going to get the scores done early and then go back to getting all the baby cuddles I can!

I've been super bad about replying to this thread but I've also been bad about keeping up with my projects in general. 

The good news being that I haven't bought anything either, so there's a bright side. And I'm almost (finally) done with a pair of boot-like slippers for my sister!

YTD 0

WTD 0

Hello everyone 💖

This week's scores!!

GOLD Inkked0317 +18

SILVER pineknott +12

BRONZE Ellie13 +8

Holding Steady PBLKNP and sinema!!

SHOOT THE MOON greyhoundgrandma -20

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday! I'm off to get more grandbaby snuggles💖

This week I used up one skein on my Moss Stitch blanket, and then switched over to the first of two baby graphghans, so I haven't finished anything else off.

WTD +2

YTD +43

The Herrschners order for the Navajo-Inspired Afghan came in, which has 9 skeins.  I used up one more on the sweater I’m working on (now I’m going to have to weave in 154-odd ends - I can’t wait), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -16  YTD -14

:shrug

YTD scores for the end of March:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +52

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +43

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +24

greyhoundgrandma +5

March Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -14

Great scores for three months into the year! Keep up the good work!