Gold Medal Winner:  owlvamp  +48
Silver Medal Winner:  Inkked0317  +10
Bronze Medal Winner:  greyhoundgrandma  +9

Using up that yarn!
howieann +2

Holding Steady!
PBLKNP  0  (YTD: -20)
pineknott  0 

No Shoot the Moon winner this week!  Happy Sunday to all!

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Jessie, those are both pretty! Am I remembering right that you were going to crochet for yourself this year? If so, you've ended up with some really pretty blankets so far.

Yes!!! I'm working through the patterns I've been wanting to make and then figuring out what to do with them later lol. These are actually going to a lady in Alaska who is a single momma...she adopted her daughter several years ago and in about a month, will be adopting her daughter's two older sisters! So, the pink/green blanket I did of Polly Plum's Starlight Melodies is joining these 2 Helen Shrimpton designs for the 3 girls ♡

I got in some crochet time this morning and rolled three skeins into balls...+3. I think I have three more stripes to go and then I'll be weaving in the ends.

After a nap this afternoon (crocheting really tires you out LOL), I did a little clean up and got some things shifted around getting ready for the Directv installer coming Tuesday.  I discovered and threw away a really old skein of not regular yarn and a ball that the dust bunnies had mauled....+3.

So starting the week at +6. When I'm doing this good is usually when I come across a sale that I can't resist.

• Like 1

I haven't been here since April 9th. I had trouble getting on line, my neighbors WiFi hasn't been reliable. I'm outside of Caffe Nero, enjoying the :sun  . Since my last visit I did a lot of  :crocheting . I made a regular prayer shawl, 12 pocket prayer shawls and 10 baby hats. I used 2 skeins, rolled a skein down, I sent 4 skeins and 2 balls to my mom (15+) :yay . Might be my biggest score this year :cheer .

WTD: + 15   YTD: + 43

Ellie 13

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

were the y t d due this week instead of last week end??

Oh, dear, this month slipped up on me. I have an appointment on Friday 30th and was assuming Saturday of April, too. I never did learn that poem about which ones have 30 days and which ones 31. LOL

I guess, just go ahead with my error and I will post YTD scores this coming weekend. Sorry for the mix up!

I've been working on my afghan, but they're giant skeins, so I still haven't used up anything:

Stashbuster Total: WTD 0  YTD -20

:ghug

This week I finished my Radiance blanket, using up 5 skeins and rolling 6 more into balls. I then pulled yarn for my next 2 projects and got started on the Labyrinth blanket. I've got 1 of the 9 mandala pieces done, but it's going to be a while before I finish a skein because the skeins are huge lol. I'm using WW yarn & an I hook and this mandala is exactly 18 inches across.

WTD +16

YTD +115

20210430_190112.jpg

20210501_214436.jpg

• Like 1

Jessie those are so pretty! I looked up the labyrinth blanket and felt like I went down the rabbit hole. LOL The one combining the labyrinth and celtic mandalas with the other square and the half square. Wow! Gorgeous and so tempting, but looks pretty complicated with it taking parts of different patterns.

Scores for the week ending 5/1/21:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +16

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +15

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +10

pineknott +1

PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner!

Great job, everyone! Hope you have a good week!

Running a week late: YTD scores at the end of April:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +115

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +54

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +43

greyhoundgrandma +24

April's Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -20

Holy cow…shoot the moon for the entire month! 🤣🤣🤣 

Jessie, those afghans are stunning!  I’m still slogging through my Sophie’s Universe one…

• Like 1

I did some :crocheting this week, but didn't use much :yarn . My niece is having a another baby so I've been going through my stash looking for :yarn for a baby afghan. I found some rainbow colors plus black, mostly full/almost full skeins, but only a little ball of orange (used for pumpkin wall hangings in Oct.). I'm going start with the colors I have, maybe I can make something with primary colors and green. I don't want buy more :yarn , if I must :lol . 

WTD: 0   YTD:  + 43

Ellie 13

I made 3 more baby hats, 14 pocket prayer shawls, some flower and butterfly pins. I used up 4 balls of :yarn (+ 4)  :yay . I didn't go shopping all week (except for food), so no new :yarn . A co-worker asked for a dozen butterfly pins, so I might use up some thread. 

WTD:  + 4   YTD:  + 47

Ellie 13

Scores for the week ending 5/8/21:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +5

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +4

Holding steady:

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!

Happy Mother's Day to our Mom's out there!

A friend wanted some green, blue and black :yarn , so I gave her 2 skeins of green, 2 balls of blue and a skeins and 2 balls of black (+ 10) :yay . Today I went to Michael's and got 6 skeins medium pastel rainbow colors for a baby afghan (-12) :cry . If I use up 2 balls or a skein by Sat., I'll back on the + side.

WTD: - 2  YTD: + 45

Ellie 13