2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

So....I used up 2 skeins on Sophie and 3 skeins on my Stardust Melodies blocks....buuuuuut...I also ordered 12 new skeins 😆

WTD: -14

Looks like I'm getting the Shoot the Moon again lol

I used up 8 skeins total on a giant market bag this week so that's +16 points this week!

WTD = +16 YTD = +28

My saving journey:

I finished the bag, and two hats in so $.75 for finished objects knit/crochet objects

I used up a total of only 8 skeins (the other were donated and I wont be counting that as used for the purpose of saving back money) so that's $8 dollars for used up skeins

I sewed three project bags which each took 3 hours or work from start to finish so that is another $3 from those finished objects

I spent $9 on clearance yarn from Michaels at the beginning of the month so with that subtracted from my budget I have $17.75 saved from January

Happy Sunday everyone!!! This week's scoreboard is....

GOLD MalisaMeesa +16

SILVER greyhoundgrandma +4

HOLDING STEADY PBLKNP 0

SHOOT THE MOON Inkked0317 -14

I'll be posting scores again next week, but I swear I'm not buying any more yarn for a bit 😄

• Haha 1

I missed last week, so I'll add it to this week. I made another potholder, 3 baby hats and about 30 (lost count) heart pins. I used 1 skein cotton, 1 skein baby :yarn and a ball of red (+ 5) :yay . I bought 2 skeins baby :yarn (- 4) and a friend gave me a skein to make her a hat (- 2). I'm starting this week in the negatives, but hope to be on the plus side by Sat. 

WTD: - 1  YTD: + 9

Ellie 13

I finished the hat for my friend, she said keep the extra :yarn, so I made 3 pocket prayer shawls and gave her one.  I used the skein  (+2) :cheer . 

My birthday is this Sat. My mom sent me a card that was sweet (kind of "mushy"), not a joke on turning 60 or being old. I used to visit my parents around this time, but with the virus, I haven't been there since Christmas 2019. My family does ZOOM every month (since last Aug./Sept. :think), but it's not the same. You can't reach out and :ghug . 

WTD:  + 2  YTD:  + 11

Ellie 13    HAPPY VALENTINES DAY  :rose

1 hour ago, pineknott said:

wtd 8

did we lose the color and size change with this update

Color and size are there on my desktop computer, but I just checked on my android phone and it is not. I hadn't noticed since I rarely post from my phone.

Well I doubt I'm going to finish anything up today so I'll go ahead and post that I was a bad noodle!

I found 6 caron cupcakes in clearance at Joanns and picked them up, and then found an entire cone of wool yarn at Good will and picked that up too!

WTD: -14

I’m not going to post my totals until later, as I’m hoping to use up a skein. 
I’m happy to report that I ended up giving my Seaside Sampler and the log cabin afghan I made from the leftovers to my step-daughter and her family as a belated Christmas present. They were thrilled!  I spaced on taking pictures, so I’m going to ask them to take some of themselves using them. 
:manyheart

• Like 1

I managed to complete a skein today!  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2  YTD +10

I’m hoping to get more done next week.  This week was a nightmare work-week from hell.  I had absolutely NO energy to craft after work.  I’ve been working from home, which in a way is worse, because it’s hard to keep a line of demarcation between work and “home” time.

:help

I used up 2 skeins on my Stardust Melodies blanket, which is now in the joining-together stage.  I also consolidated, organized & inventoried my entire stash (took me 2 hours!) and in the process culled out 7 skeins that I've gifted to a friend. 

WTD +18

Seeing my stash all together,  I SERIOUSLY need to get busting! I'm attaching a picture...the 2 bins in front are holding the yarn for 2 WIPs (Sophie & Unity 2021 CAL). The top bin on the right contains hooks, eyes, stuffing, bobbins & stuff like that. The rest is ALL yarn and those bins are FULL. It's nuts! 

20210213_203038.jpg

Jessie, congratulations on organizing your stash!

I've got to do some work on corralling if not organizing my stash because there's company coming next month and someone may have to sleep on the futon in that room. Besides all the totes and the closet, the futon is covered with yarn that hasn't been put away. Maybe I need before and after pictures to give me incentive to get it done.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1