2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Hello everyone! I'm popping in here to let you know it is time for the annual NatCroMo Blog Tour celebrating National Crochet Month! This year we are looking for crochet hobbyists – everyday crocheters like you – to participate in the tour! Last year we included a few crochet hobbyists and it was a great hit! Everyone enjoyed it – the participants and our readers. Who better to be on our blog tour than you guys?! Check out the announcement here:

6 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Jessie, they are all pretty! I love the look of the shawl. Did you use a pattern on it? It has a waffle stitch look. 

Thank you 😊 the pattern for the Shawl is called "Alaskan Waffle Shawl" I used 2 Caron Big Cakes and it's a good size, although if I'd had a third cake I personally would have made it a bit bigger

Scores for the week ending 2/27/21:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +32

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +20

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +5

greyhoundgrandma +1

PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!!!

Great scores, everyone! Keep up the good work.

YTD scores for the end of February:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +113

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +40

Bronze Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +17

Ellie 13 +16

PBLKNP +12

Everyone is zooming through a LOT of stash!! Keep those hooks flying.

Hi there, I'm (very) new to the forum, am I able to join the CAL? I think I mostly understand how it works from the sticky and I'd sure love the accountability! 😊

2 hours ago, sinema said:

Hi there, I'm (very) new to the forum, am I able to join the CAL? I think I mostly understand how it works from the sticky and I'd sure love the accountability! 😊

Yes, certainly. Welcome to the group!

I finished more baby hats Sat. it was late so I didn't post. I should've posted early Sun. A lady at work brought me a big bag of :yarn on Sun. Too much to count, so I decided to only count what I kept. I spent Sun. afternoon sorting it and giving/tossing it. I gave my neighbor all the wool (makes me itch) and some pink fuzzy baby :yarn . One skein was so old it was falling apart, another had some paint on it, and some partial skeins of rug (also wool) so I tossed them. I kept 3 skeins and rolled down 4 partials (- 10) :( . I used up 2 skeins baby :yarn and the 4 balls making 4 kid/teen size hats and some pocket prayer shawls ( + 8 ) :yay . If I use/roll a skein or 2 by Sat., I could get back on the + side.

WTD: - 2  YTD: + 14

Ellie 13

I received my Associates Degree in the mail this week and my bday is coming up, so Hubs just treated me to a Hobbii order lol. 10 skeins are coming my way! I've been working on my WIPs but haven't finished anything yet, so I'm shooting for the moon for sure this week 🤣

Sorry I wasn't able to get on last week. So my score is for 2 weeks.

I made bunnies, chick and scrubbies oh and so.e more washcloths. Gave my sister 5 skeins of eyelash yarn to finish her sloth.

WTD +30 YTD + 48

I Love making these bunny peeps

20210305_032910.jpg

20210305_032730.jpg

• Like 2

I've made pretty good progress on the dahlia blanket this week, but I'm a long way from using up any skeins. My order is supposed to be in Monday, so I'll be in the negatives next week.

WTD 0

Yesterday was my birthday, and I was THOROUGHLY spoiled by my Sweetums!  I got three knitting and crocheting books, and 5 skeins of Red Heart “With Love” yarn that I’d put on my Amazon wish list.  It was so funny, because for the life of me I could not remember WHY I’d put those 5 skeins on, until I remembered that I wanted to make a reader’s wrap for a friend.  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -10  YTD +2

:sheepjump 

This week I finished my Sophie's Universe and worked on my Wintery Octagon Mandala pieces. Used 1 skein on Sophie and another on the mandalas....and then was the bday order encouraged by Hubs of 10 skeins...

And today my mother told me there's a gift certificate for more yarn coming from her for my bday...so I'll have negatives whenever I get that too lol

WTD -16

YTD +97

I'm using Caron Cakes for the mandalas...I can get 2 full pieces from each Cake but not 3 so I'm going to have to figure out what I'm doing with the remaining portions....but am I the only one who sees the color combinations on these yarns sometimes and just wonder.....who thought these colors would work together??? 😅 

20210301_144609.jpg

20210306_232424.jpg

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 3/6/21:

Gold Medal Winner: owlvamp +30

Holding steady:

pineknott 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

New stash to play with:

Ellie 13 -2

PBLKNP -10

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -16

Jessie, I always enjoy seeing your projects. I almost gave myself a headache trying to figure out how you got the colors so uniform on the octagons, until it dawned on me that it's cakes plus black. LOL I agree, sometimes the color combinations in the cakes are a little strange.

I've been sorting through a bunch of stuff and came across some yarn that I'm not even sure where it came from. Tossed two balls, 5 skeins of a wool blend tapestry yarn, and a stained skein of cream that was a long out of date brand. There are three more skeins of it that I'll see if my GD wants to play with. She's 7 and has been using her mother's knitting loom.     +14

• Like 1

Mona thank you ♡ actually the top 2 are from the same Cake and the bottom 2 and the square are from a different Cake, 2 different colorways! I'm working on a set from a third Cake now.....not loving how plain the square is though so I'm going to have to play a bit before I join everything lol. And I'm considering using the remnants from these Cakes together in 1 mandala so I can finish them off but haven't fully decided yet...

And I just got my mom's bday gift to me...which translated into 10 more skeins from Hobbii plus the 6 free skeins I got with points....so that a total of 16 new skeins on their way to me....shooting the moon again lol

GD took the three skeins...+6 = +20. Can't believe that old yarn find equals exactly the amount of yarn in the order that was due yesterday. I really, really dislike FedEx Smartpost. It takes longer than any other delivery method.

I worked Fri. and Sat. afternoon shifts, so not much :crocheting time. Thur. I had an e-mail from my cousin that my aunt was hospitalized and not doing well. After work Sat. I checked my voice-mail and found a message from my sister saying that our aunt passed away that afternoon. I've been off work since Sun. I tried to :crocheting , but it's hard to concentrate when you're :cry . I'm going back to work tomorrow, I hope that keeping busy will help.

WTD:  0  YTD:  +14

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss, Ellie! Hope being busy is a help.

Well, I get to be in the positives this week. The negatives maybe next week. Did I say that I really dislike FedEx Smartpost? FedEx says they sent the pkg to USPS on 3/3 and USPS says they never got it. So back to Joann and they were really nice. They consider it lost, emailed me a gift card for the order amount. I've reordered the yarn--had to change colors on one of them. When the new order is shipped, I'm to let them know and they will refund the shipping and any increase in price for the yarn. Which is really good since it was on sale when I first ordered it. Of course, with my luck with packages, the first one will be located and I'll get the order twice. LOL

I’m so sorry, Ellie!.  I adored my aunt and it was horrendous when she passed away.  It was years ago, but I still miss her.  I’ll keep you in my prayers.  :ghug

Well, Joann has shipped one skein of 10 in the replacement order which doesn't do me any good. I ordered 5 of two different colors for two sweaters. Looks like that project is on hold for a while.

WTD +20