2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

My hooks have been flying this week! I hit that part of a big multi-colored project where skeins FINALLY get finished 😊 and started two new items....

I finished my Mandala Madness after round 89. Have to weave in some ends and then it's ready for gifting. Now I'm also working on a pair of double-stranded children's blankets that look like princess dresses (Elsa & Anna) for my daughter's nieces...I've made A LOT of headway with those...just one more side panel on 1 blanket, and then the decorative details on both and they're done.  Between these projects, I used up a total of 12 skeins and then I balled 18!

WTD +42

YTD +227

20210724_205510.jpg

20210723_192035.jpg

20210723_125444.jpg

Scores for the week ending 7/24/21:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +42

Silver Medal Winner: owlvamp +20

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +9

Holding Steady:

PBLKNP 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -2

I finished the baby afghan. I rolled down the pounder of white, about 4 (+/-) ozs. left (+1) :cheer . I looked through my stash for a skein of pink and gave it to a friend (+2). I found a bag of balls of black (something I frogged :think).  When I went to Michael's Sat., I only got a 7 oz. of black (-2). I didn't get to post, so I'll add it now.  Also my garden is growing well. I've picked 5 peppers, 6 cucumbers, 10 mini eggplants and enough beans for 5 people. only 1 tomato is starting to turn red so far. I've got enough to share with others in the building :hug .

WTD:  + 1  YTD:  + 66

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

2 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I finished the baby afghan. I rolled down the pounder of white, about 4 (+/-) ozs. left (+1) :cheer . I looked through my stash for a skein of pink and gave it to a friend (+2). I found a bag of balls of black (something I frogged :think).  When I went to Michael's Sat., I only got a 7 oz. of black (-2). I didn't get to post, so I'll add it now.  Also my garden is growing well. I've picked 5 peppers, 6 cucumbers, 10 mini eggplants and enough beans for 5 people. only 1 tomato is starting to turn red so far. I've got enough to share with others in the building :hug .

WTD:  + 1  YTD:  + 66

Ellie 13

I always enjoy hearing about your garden. I didn't get anywhere with mine this year. Bought a couple of plants that didn't make it. Veggies fresh out of the garden are always sooo good.

The other 3 skeins for the sweater were just delivered...-6. I hope to crochet some today. I dug out some little cotton balls for more freeze pop holders. I'll see if I get enough done to make a difference in the score.

I'm doing a bunch of Hooks N Tails designs (Jen Tyler) and putting them together in a sampler blanket. I'm halfway through the Wildflower block and used a ball up! This is a stashbuster blanket so I'm starting with the biggest designs and working my way smaller.

WTD: +1

YTD: +228

20210731_220112.jpg

I finished the prayer shawl, used 2 skeins and rolled down 2 (+ 6)  :yay . I had some balls left from the baby afghans, so I made 12 baby hats and 6 pocket prayer shawls. I used every ball of white I could find (+ 7) :cheer . I got 4 tomatoes, 3 cucumbers, 6 mini eggplants and a lot beans from my garden  :manyheart . My mom and dad are coming in a couple of hours, maybe I'll give them some veggies.

WTD: + 13   YTD:  +79

Ellie 13

So.....I'm trying to figure out if I've got a compulsive prepping issue or if I'm just really dedicated to my hobby lol....had about 2 hours to myself this morning and I printed out about half a dozen patterns, then raided my stash for the yarn for each pattern...rearranged & consolidated the remaining stash, put all these soon-to-be-WIPs in containers so they're all ready to go......and this is in addition to the 2 projects I've currently got on the hook....

This is ok, right? It's not a problem,  right?? Hahaha

46 minutes ago, Inkked0317 said:

So.....I'm trying to figure out if I've got a compulsive prepping issue or if I'm just really dedicated to my hobby lol....had about 2 hours to myself this morning and I printed out about half a dozen patterns, then raided my stash for the yarn for each pattern...rearranged & consolidated the remaining stash, put all these soon-to-be-WIPs in containers so they're all ready to go......and this is in addition to the 2 projects I've currently got on the hook....

This is ok, right? It's not a problem,  right?? Hahaha

Oh, Jessie, that's way too organized. You might need a time out. LOL

• Haha 1

Hi everyone!!!! I'm working through my Hooks & Tails patterns by Jen Taylor....this week I made 3 of her hexi patterns,  finished the Wildflower square, and got 2/3 through the Moonflower square. I'm using all the same yarn for her patterns so I'm counting up completed skeins at the end of each design lol this week's count was 1 ball and 5 skeins.

WTD +11

YTD +239

20210807_213755.jpg

20210807_122548.jpg

20210728_155416.jpg

20210727_161322.jpg

Scores for the week ending 8/7/21:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +13

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +11

Bronze Medal Winner: tie at +3--pineknott & greyhoundgrandma

PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Oh, no! I missed the cutoff!  We were up late last night at a friend’s birthday party… My spouse immediately said, “Oh, my God—are you in trouble with Greyhoundgrandma?  Is she going to pull up here in her Greyhound bus???” 🤣🤣🤣

My score for the week was:

WTD:  0 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

Oh, no! I missed the cutoff!  We were up late last night at a friend’s birthday party… My spouse immediately said, “Oh, my God—are you in trouble with Greyhoundgrandma?  Is she going to pull up here in her Greyhound bus???” 🤣🤣🤣

My score for the week was:

WTD:  0 

Thanks for the laugh! I added you to the list. I just did it early because I had a little break between grands sleeping over last night and company coming for lunch.

• Haha 1

Nobody posted since Sun :think ? I thought I was a late poster. I my parents came Fri. morning. Mom brought back my canning jars and I gave her jars of India relish and rhubarb marmalade. I also gave her the prayer shawl, an afghan, baby hats, pocket prayer shawls and veggies from my garden. I got some watermelon rind from a market the makes fruit bowls and made watermelon rind pickles. I didn't have a lot of time for :crocheting , but I got 8 pocket prayer shawls and 2 baby hats done, but no yarn used yet.

WTD:  0  YTD:  + 79

Ellie 13

Ellie, it's been a quiet week here. You've been really busy!

I've gotten a little crochet time in but no progress on any skeins. I did resist the yarn on Walmart's clearance aisle.

WTD 0

Edited by greyhoundgrandma